Looking for a SB that sends out price alerts

mike.

2,101 709
most, if not all of london capital group use timetotrade charts, free, with SB brokers like capital spreads, tradefair, intertrader etc... you can set alerts to email, then set up your smart phone to receive and alert you when emails come through, same as receiving a sms.

up-down

63 3
I'm looking for a SB (or broker) who will send out price alerts, via email or text, when certain prices (set by me) on instruments have been hit or breached.

Who can deliver this service, pls?

TIA

London stock exchange.com ( free email alerts )

peakoil

257 38
IG used to, may still do.

Just to confirm that IG definitely still do (for account holders) inclusive SMS alerts, just as the OP requested. I find it a very useful service, particularly when out and about, and when any are set, usually receive an alert within 10 or 15 seconds of my set price being triggered. One thing though, it would be wise for folk not to abuse (by overusing) their service. In other words, I'm sure they don't mind regular account holders using this service to receive around a couple of alerts a day, but methinks receiving much more SMS alerts than that may well run yourself into 'fair usage' territory. HTH

P4chira

12 1
I'm looking for a SB (or broker) who will send out price alerts, via email or text, when certain prices (set by me) on instruments have been hit or breached.

TIA

Prospreads can do email alerts, as can Capital Spreads (as mentioned already). You can select if you want the Open, High, Low or Close price level to be hit; make sure you select 'check trigger on each tick during interval' otherwise the system defaults to check just at the candle close.

Help on how to set up the alerts here:
https://timetotrade.eu/tearaway/#!help
http://forum.timetotrade.eu/forums/ask_a_question/
http://forum.timetotrade.eu/forums/help_videos/

Last edited:
L

Liquid validity

0 0
Just to confirm that IG definitely still do (for account holders) inclusive SMS alerts, just as the OP requested. I find it a very useful service, particularly when out and about, and when any are set, usually receive an alert within 10 or 15 seconds of my set price being triggered. One thing though, it would be wise for folk not to abuse (by overusing) their service. In other words, I'm sure they don't mind regular account holders using this service to receive around a couple of alerts a day, but methinks receiving much more SMS alerts than that may well run yourself into 'fair usage' territory. HTH
Probably true, I was using it for 5-10 alerts per day...

Phylo

68 2
MT4 Push Notifications

If you have MT4 look into Push Notifications: Tools > Options > Notifictions etc,. For iPhone and Android. Is immediate (1s), free and faultless.

Reactions: darktone

Hate2Lose

155 3

TIA

Lots of online brokers have price alerts you can set on platforms. Accendo Markets give you a broker to call and watch things, give you news on things you trade etc. They don’t give you advice. Nice to speak to a human for a change.

darktone

Veteren member
4,016 1,084
If you have MT4 look into Push Notifications: Tools > Options > Notifictions etc,. For iPhone and Android. Is immediate (1s), free and faultless.
Yes i can second this! Any sb / broker that uses mt4 can be set up this way (i think).

Load up mt4 on your phone, enter the mt4 mobile id into the main platform and set the alert to 'notification'. Works a charm!

Heres a how to : Mt4 to Mt4 mobile alert setup

Doing it this way it takes out many of the links that can fail going through email servers etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock