Looking for a SB broker that offers Indices futures on MT4

Have a look at Oanda, extremly fast platform (not their MT4). ETX is ok, fast execution but you will get trade rejections in a extreme volatile market and look out for slippage on a point now and then. Trading DAX with them is just a waste of time, but I think you'll be fine with FTSE.

Hi and thanks for taking the trouble to respond :)

I did look at oanda, but until now I've been spreadbetting, which means no tax payable. It doesn't look like Oanda cover spreadbetting.

Hi and thanks for taking the trouble to respond :)

I did look at oanda, but until now I've been spreadbetting, which means no tax payable. It doesn't look like Oanda cover spreadbetting.
You are welcome.:)

I didn't realize you were only after SB, yes right, Oanda do not offer SB.

Hi gle101,
Would you care to elaborate on this please, as I'm not clear why you think it's okay to trade the FTSE with ETX - but not the Dax?
Tim.
Yes sure, first of all the DAX is more volatile compared to FTSE resulting in more rejects. I also think ETX have set the internal deviation a lot tighter compared to FTSE. When the trading session in US opens one could just forget about trading the DAX. If you get rejection after rejection you get tired of trading the DAX with them. It is my experience that FTSE with them is a more smooth experience, and also trading the Dow is ok.

Yes sure, first of all the DAX is more volatile compared to FTSE resulting in more rejects. I also think ETX have set the internal deviation a lot tighter compared to FTSE. When the trading session in US opens one could just forget about trading the DAX. If you get rejection after rejection you get tired of trading the DAX with them. It is my experience that FTSE with them is a more smooth experience, and also trading the Dow is ok.

Do you get much in the way of slippage and requotes through ETX trading US30?

Do you get much in the way of slippage and requotes through ETX trading US30?
Yes you get rejects quite often and slippage on stops when the market is extremely volatile, but on the other hand not many market makers have a faster execution. Slippage on stop loss bothers me more as it seems to be quite frequently, only one point seems to be the norm though. Overall they get my approval, I like trading with ETX.

Last edited:
Yes you get rejects quite often and slippage on stops when the market is extremely volatile, but on the other hand not many market makers have a faster execution. Slippage on stop loss bothers me more as it seems to be quite frequently, only one point seems to be the norm though. Overall they get my approval, I like trading with ETX.

As you're not a UK resident, I assume you are not spreadbetting. I wonder if their spreadbetting package is as good

As you're not a UK resident, I assume you are not spreadbetting. I wonder if their spreadbetting package is as good
I think both the SB and CFDs are the same, but check it out to be on the safe side.

Yeah, their sb 'Trader Pro' platform is ok, execution very fast, I've no slippage probs on tp's or sl's to report.

They trade down to a minimum of 25p per pip, but only on Eur/Usd, rest min in .50 per point or pip inlc dax/ftse.

Their charts are ok for using std S/R.

The only negative is that they re-visited all trades on chf and adjusted a/c's - didn't affect me but received email saying you may not have the bal that your platform is showing until we get to check - thought that poor show.

Btw, think they are offering some kind of join up offer, but always beware the strings attached to those things, they encourage overtrading :)

Yeah, their sb 'Trader Pro' platform is ok, execution very fast, I've no slippage probs on tp's or sl's to report.

They trade down to a minimum of 25p per pip, but only on Eur/Usd, rest min in .50 per point or pip inlc dax/ftse.

Their charts are ok for using std S/R.

The only negative is that they re-visited all trades on chf and adjusted a/c's - didn't affect me but received email saying you may not have the bal that your platform is showing until we get to check - thought that poor show.

Btw, think they are offering some kind of join up offer, but always beware the strings attached to those things, they encourage overtrading :)
It is odd to say the least, that you have not encounted any problems with slippage.:) What are you trading and most important trading style?

It is odd to say the least, that you have not encounted any problems with slippage.:) What are you trading and most important trading style?

I'd say that's one of their plusses, fx majors only and Ftse/S&P.

Only rolling dailies and always out same day - not during news releases, only either pre or post, I suppose how could I encounter slippage :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'd say that's one of their plusses, fx majors only and Ftse/S&P.

Only rolling dailies and always out same day - not during news releases, only either pre or post, I suppose how could I encounter slippage :rolleyes:
Ok, thanks a lot.