Looking for a SB broker that offers Indices futures on MT4

leemo

57 6
Yes correct, but not many SB around that isn't a market maker.:)
If you are used to trading the futures I would go with a broker that follows the futures, one can't expect it to be 100% but close to it. ActivTrades gives you 0.50 spread (2x0.25) on the ES and 2-3 point spread on the YM. Still you are dealing with a market maker and not all is perfect.

Thanks, I'll take a look at ActivTrades. Maybe I'm asking for too much :(

Gadgetman

184 1
found one... GKFX if anyone's interested .
Don't use them if you're scalping. I had to switch from them as although, at the time, their website stated they welcomed scalping, it got to a point where my trades were taking over 20 seconds to be filled.

When I contacted them their approach was to treat me as if they'd found me on the sole of their shoe because, shock horror, I was a scalper!

I'm convinced they used Virtual Dealer. Cost me thousands, switched to FXCM and they were great for a couple of years, until last week. But that's another story...

I scalp the FTSE. Considering IG Index, also looking at ETX Capital. IG £2.2bn market capitalisation, ETX private limited company. So IG for the fact they won't necessarily be affected by turbulence, as FXCM have been, but a 1.3 spread v ETX 1.0.

Last edited:

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Don't use them if you're scalping. I had to switch from them as although, at the time, their website stated they welcomed scalping, it got to a point where my trades were taking over 20 seconds to be filled.

When I contacted them their approach was to treat me as if they'd found me on the sole of their shoe because, shock horror, I was a scalper!

I'm convinced they used Virtual Dealer. Cost me thousands, switched to FXCM and they were great for a couple of years, until last week. But that's another story...

I scalp the FTSE. Considering IG Index, also looking at ETX Capital. IG £2.2bn market capitalisation, ETX private limited company. So IG for the fact they won't necessarily be affected by turbulence, as FXCM have been, but a 1.3 spread v ETX 1.0.
Have a look at Oanda, extremly fast platform (not their MT4). ETX is ok, fast execution but you will get trade rejections in a extreme volatile market and look out for slippage on a point now and then. Trading DAX with them is just a waste of time, but I think you'll be fine with FTSE.

timsk

Legendary member
7,612 2,383
. . . ETX is ok, fast execution but you will get trade rejections in a extreme volatile market and look out for slippage on a point now and then. Trading DAX with them is just a waste of time, but I think you'll be fine with FTSE.
Hi gle101,
Would you care to elaborate on this please, as I'm not clear why you think it's okay to trade the FTSE with ETX - but not the Dax?
Tim.

Gadgetman

184 1
Have a look at Oanda, extremly fast platform (not their MT4). ETX is ok, fast execution but you will get trade rejections in a extreme volatile market and look out for slippage on a point now and then. Trading DAX with them is just a waste of time, but I think you'll be fine with FTSE.

Hi and thanks for taking the trouble to respond :)

I did look at oanda, but until now I've been spreadbetting, which means no tax payable. It doesn't look like Oanda cover spreadbetting.

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Hi and thanks for taking the trouble to respond :)

I did look at oanda, but until now I've been spreadbetting, which means no tax payable. It doesn't look like Oanda cover spreadbetting.
You are welcome.:)

I didn't realize you were only after SB, yes right, Oanda do not offer SB.

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Hi gle101,
Would you care to elaborate on this please, as I'm not clear why you think it's okay to trade the FTSE with ETX - but not the Dax?
Tim.
Yes sure, first of all the DAX is more volatile compared to FTSE resulting in more rejects. I also think ETX have set the internal deviation a lot tighter compared to FTSE. When the trading session in US opens one could just forget about trading the DAX. If you get rejection after rejection you get tired of trading the DAX with them. It is my experience that FTSE with them is a more smooth experience, and also trading the Dow is ok.

Reactions: timsk

leemo

57 6
Yes sure, first of all the DAX is more volatile compared to FTSE resulting in more rejects. I also think ETX have set the internal deviation a lot tighter compared to FTSE. When the trading session in US opens one could just forget about trading the DAX. If you get rejection after rejection you get tired of trading the DAX with them. It is my experience that FTSE with them is a more smooth experience, and also trading the Dow is ok.

Do you get much in the way of slippage and requotes through ETX trading US30?

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Do you get much in the way of slippage and requotes through ETX trading US30?
Yes you get rejects quite often and slippage on stops when the market is extremely volatile, but on the other hand not many market makers have a faster execution. Slippage on stop loss bothers me more as it seems to be quite frequently, only one point seems to be the norm though. Overall they get my approval, I like trading with ETX.

Last edited:

leemo

57 6
Yes you get rejects quite often and slippage on stops when the market is extremely volatile, but on the other hand not many market makers have a faster execution. Slippage on stop loss bothers me more as it seems to be quite frequently, only one point seems to be the norm though. Overall they get my approval, I like trading with ETX.

As you're not a UK resident, I assume you are not spreadbetting. I wonder if their spreadbetting package is as good

peteram

10 0
As you're not a UK resident, I assume you are not spreadbetting. I wonder if their spreadbetting package is as good

Yeah, their sb 'Trader Pro' platform is ok, execution very fast, I've no slippage probs on tp's or sl's to report.

They trade down to a minimum of 25p per pip, but only on Eur/Usd, rest min in .50 per point or pip inlc dax/ftse.

Their charts are ok for using std S/R.

The only negative is that they re-visited all trades on chf and adjusted a/c's - didn't affect me but received email saying you may not have the bal that your platform is showing until we get to check - thought that poor show.

Btw, think they are offering some kind of join up offer, but always beware the strings attached to those things, they encourage overtrading :)

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Yeah, their sb 'Trader Pro' platform is ok, execution very fast, I've no slippage probs on tp's or sl's to report.

They trade down to a minimum of 25p per pip, but only on Eur/Usd, rest min in .50 per point or pip inlc dax/ftse.

Their charts are ok for using std S/R.

The only negative is that they re-visited all trades on chf and adjusted a/c's - didn't affect me but received email saying you may not have the bal that your platform is showing until we get to check - thought that poor show.

Btw, think they are offering some kind of join up offer, but always beware the strings attached to those things, they encourage overtrading :)
It is odd to say the least, that you have not encounted any problems with slippage.:) What are you trading and most important trading style?

peteram

10 0
It is odd to say the least, that you have not encounted any problems with slippage.:) What are you trading and most important trading style?

I'd say that's one of their plusses, fx majors only and Ftse/S&P.

Only rolling dailies and always out same day - not during news releases, only either pre or post, I suppose how could I encounter slippage :rolleyes:

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock