London, versus Los Angeles showdown + how the GI influx shaped Britain's view of Americans :) :)

F

fibo_trader

It is now 70 years since GIs first landed on British soil to join their allies during WWII. Before the war, ordinary British people only knew Americans as the gangsters and heroes from the silver screen. They were in for a shock. :):)

The first GIs landed on Britain's shores in 1942 and brought with them candy, Coca-Cola, cigarettes and nylon.

A Home Office report in 1945 reported that girls saw the US as a "magic country" and that the American "proneness to spoil a girl" made them the most attractive boyfriends. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

The girls went mad. They never had such a good time. They had never been with fellows who had so much money,"
ROFLMAO

Children would flock around them and cry "got any gum, chum?"

GIs were reportedly very generous. With average salaries more than five times that of a British soldier and no living expenses to worry about, there was plenty of time for parties. ROFLMAO

And their generous nature made them alluring to women - around 70,000 British women became GI brides. :whistle::whistle:

Perhaps surprisingly for a country at war, entertainment increased. GIs hosted parties, charming many women in the process. But girls who spent too much time with GIs were sometimes called "Yankee bags" - and estimates suggest around 9,000 war babies were born out of wedlock as a result of these liaisons. :whistle::whistle:

Many though, especially women, loved American culture - the music and consumerism, and had a view of "America as an ideal" ROFLMAO

GIs, with their salaries, swish uniforms and flirtatious nature, symbolised the "gradual dominance of the US in the alliance" :whistle: :whistle:

Hahahahahahahahahaha, God, do I love it so!! No wonder they're pissed at us and are always taking it out on us!!!!
I understand now, Father. There is no more mystery. :):):):):)

Weather comparison

Quality of Life comparison

Cost of living

Crime comparison

Property Price comparison

Traffic comparison

Health Care comparison

You see guys, Education is the Universal solvent. I understand now and am FREE. I get it now! Come play with Fibo. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Weather comparison: LA flogs London by a zillion

Quality of Life comparison: (1) Purchasing power index: LA flogs London easily
(2) Property Price/Income flogged again :)

Cost of Living comparison: Purchasing power in London is 33% lower :) :)

Crime Index aka Safety Scale: Los Angeles is far safer than London :whistle::whistle:

Property prices comparison:
Mortgage as a percentage of Income .............................. LA flogs London so badly its shameful
Price to income ratio .............................. LA hammers London silly
Loan affordability Index .............................. LA puts finger in London's bum
Rental Yield .............................. LA buggers London repeatedly
Price to Rent ratio .............................. LA ravishes London like there's no tomorrow

Traffic Index ................................ London buggers LA easily and with aplomb

ROFLMAO

So many Brit expats in SE Asia, soooooo many. But Los Angeles would be a huge improvement from the prison of London especially now that I see you have added complaints about it becoming a Koran capital of the west. :) Move to LA guys, earn more, have better weather and better stuff. You guys don'tbelieve in God as is abundantly clear in this Forum so therefore you are certain you live only one lifetime - so why not make the best of it? Move to LA. New York is terrific but the weather sucks bigtime - disqualified on the spot!

But hey, Fibo ain't no ordinary cat. No brother that he ain't. He digs for supreme quality of life. Friendly people, great weather, exotic, but the most important factor is:

HAPPINESS QUOTIENT

Winner worldwide? Chiangmai, Thailand ..... flogs both LA & NY and of course blows a hole in London's bum

That's how great Chiangmai is.

And for the low capitalized traders that flood T2W just imagine the cost of living for the same standard of living you have in dopey London or LA

Chiangmai, Thigh-Land versus dopey, depressing London:

Indices DifferenceInfo
Consumer Prices in Chiang Mai are 43.05% lower than in London
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Chiang Mai are 59.59% lower than in London
Rent Prices in Chiang Mai are 80.85% lower than in London
Restaurant Prices in Chiang Mai are 74.64% lower than in London
Groceries Prices in Chiang Mai are 9.89% lower than in London
Local Purchasing Power in Chiang Mai is 53.65% lower than in London

Can you cats dig it? Look at the staggering difference in economics of living!!!! Now throw in the Happiness Quotient and it rockets Chiangmai to the ethereal zone so far out of reach of London as to be on another planet.

I enlarged the last item so as to pinpoint a super super duper crucial factor - its all FIBO stuff, nobody else has really figured out any of this stuff - and it relates very closely to the HAPPINESS QUOTIENT

See the last item, local purchasing power in Chiangmai is 53.65% lower than in London?

Hahahahahahahahahaha, Fibo nails even that drawback by earning in the almighty US dollar in the United States - therefore that liability is dispensed with - with aplomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The money made in the Thailand stock market trading the Set50 futures is all 100% tax free but is in Thai Baht to be spent locally, never repatriated.

And dig this: God looks at Fibo's distribution of all local Thailand profits to put so many people in their own business in their own name with no % requirement for Fibo = totally free and clear for them. All came from poooooooooor families and were struggling. Nowadays when I arrive in thailand from the United States they are there to meet me and take me wherever usually to some banquet they prepared for me.

god help fibo he is already in Paradise on EARTH

One well known factoid about the mighty Los Angeles aka City of Angels ............................

even when one takes into account the negative factors in LA when trying to decide where the heck to move to (Oregon, Texas, Florida etc.,) the thinking comes to a grinding halt when one looks at the weather. Throw in the sheer brain power that resides in the state (ditto for New York) and there is just simply no contest.

Those who leave, came and come back. :whistle: :whistle:

Where else do you get to see movie stars of all types who run around freely and nobody gives a fck

See the last item, local purchasing power in Chiangmai is 53.65% lower than in London?

Hahahahahahahahahaha, Fibo nails even that drawback by earning in the almighty US dollar in the United States - therefore that liability is dispensed with - with aplomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The money made in the Thailand stock market trading the Set50 futures is all 100% tax free but is in Thai Baht to be spent locally, never repatriated.

And dig this: God looks at Fibo's distribution of all local Thailand profits to put so many people in their own business in their own name with no % requirement for Fibo = totally free and clear for them. All came from poooooooooor families and were struggling. Nowadays when I arrive in thailand from the United States they are there to meet me and take me wherever usually to some banquet they prepared for me.

god help fibo he is already in Paradise on EARTH

Read quote first .......................... re: London vs Los Angeles vs Thailand with the twist that ..............

Thailand + Los Angeles = match made in Heaven

continued acceleration of a small local business, a Beauty Salon in a small village 200 klicks north of Bangkok ....... Fibo's gamble paid off. Financed the entire operation of opening up a Beauty Salon for a girlfriend who was bossed around from crappy job to crappy job. A person of her elegance should be in the movies in Bangkok, but first she needs a boost in self-confidence. Her Salon has the American "Los Angeles touch and feel" ............. there are hi-res pics on the walls, all sorts of pics of LA, there is a steady stream of music from my collection and there are movies to watch and videos of all sorts of things about Los Angeles. The Salon is pretty much an American get-together place for young folk to passtheir time. Now there are even sandwiches, soft drinks and light meals sold.

Word spread to surrounding villages about this "farnag jaak Los Angeles California, Saharat, America tamm suwai Salon"

They are pouring in for services and fun and relaxation. The old folks are pouring in too. The village seniors are there daily for their tea.

The best news for Fibo came yesterday when she called to say, "I wish to pay back the loan" She was kind of hurt when I started laffffing, but recovered quickly when she heard, "it was no loan" - silence and then tears and then the "you made my decade" :) :) :) :) :) :)

Just another day at the office for this American

T2W cops versus Los Angeles cops vs Thailand cops

LA: never get a ticket but follow the laws, meaning seatbelt, no booze etc., but speeding excessively yes but never given a ticket

T2W: banned 3 times + hounded + bounty :) :)

Thigh_Land: pulld over 15+ times for speeding with even an open beer can in the holder and no seatbelt and instead of getting banned, given the cop's business card with, "anytime you need help in Thailand, you call me, OK!" And contrary to opinion, no bribes were ever required

We don;t have this sh*t in Los angels to the best of my meager knowledge ................. we did have the LA riots, a disastrous event and deeply troubling but I personally don't have any problem gong into any black areas no matter how deep in the hood and not getting attacked and instead making friends and associates.

Muslim areas that are excluded to whites? NONE

Pakistanis pulled weird sh*t? None

Iranians? Loved and respected.

Whole areas of NYC, the center of the Universe = exactly like this.

America! What a country! Los Angeles, what a city! The Angel of Death knows the city is called the City of Angels and will not render undue harsh punishment unless it is fair, of the same order of magnitude as Trader333, the onlyT2W member worth a sh*t here at T2W. I have prayed for him to God to open the floodgates for his success to pour in.

I have seen some comments about Katie Hopkins here, all negative. F*** you. She gets a 10/10 in every regard and if she was a trader she'd have no problem agreeing to meet to share real trading records unlike the rascals here

New economic data puts the California economy at $2.747 trillion — bigger than most nations. The ranking puts in fifth in the world, just ahead of the United Kingdom, which is on $2.625 trillion. The difference is striking given California's population of 40 million to the UK's 66 million.

Just taking Los Angeles alone, its equal to 30% of the entire UK output.

If you combine the Bay Area with LA it would be equal to 50% of the entire UK output.

anywhere warmer than the UK all year round gets my vote .....

anywhere warmer than the UK all year round gets my vote .....

Los Angeles is warmer all year round. Winters here are a joke, all light jacket weather.

Hundreds of other places, my vote goes to Bali and Phuket

The Ben Franklin Close: Where would you rather be, Maam? :):):)

A balance. Many have complained about LA and Cali in general and moved out but the vast percentage apparently return after taking a kick in the ass elsewhere. But hey, there are many viewpoints. Here is pro London compared to LA. And dig this: I understand it. Its valid

Where beats both Los Angeles and London squared?

Place St Michel, Paris

El Zocalo, Oaxaca, Mexico

Listen to this type of stuff allllllllllll day long at former ......................... drinking coffee with a bounce in one's step