London (UK) based traders interested in trading together?

spaceage

Hi everyone,

I have been trading for around 3 years and am considering joining force with other local traders (be it in the form of trading from the same space / renting a shared office or sublease from other traders in London).

Trading is fun, but I also want the interaction with other traders.

Let me know. Cheers!

Hi everyone,

I have been trading for around 3 years and am considering joining force with other local traders (be it in the form of trading from the same space / renting a shared office or sublease from other traders in London).

Trading is fun, but I also want the interaction with other traders.

Let me know. Cheers!

I would like to share office but i can not afford it as i have not made money from the trading. If you can help that would be great. Happy trading!

That’s sounds interesting. But I would join with anyone still. Because I am new to this trade and need to know more about this. But I would like to know others experiences.

I'm based in London, and been trading from home for sometime.

Very lonely profession. But to be honest, trading requires strict concentration when you got positions open....so this idea of trading together wont last long.

I'm based in London, and been trading from home for sometime.

Very lonely profession. But to be honest, trading requires strict concentration when you got positions open....so this idea of trading together wont last long.

It is a good idea if you have the fund to hire a common office. As for concentration, ten eyes and better than two. When you trade alone there are things you don't see or information missed which can cost you dearly. Also there are times you need a break from trading you have people to discuss with.
I joined this forum in 2010, but i am still learning the tricks of the trade. I hope to be profitable in this trading business but need some experts to support my thoughts.

i live in the london area i have been trading for more than a year i would be interested in joining forces but renting out a office would be waste of money that money could be spent on some good trading software

Guys

I’m looking for trading partners. Let me know if anyone’s interested and we can meet up and decide on next task.

About Me – I got trained by a Prop firm on simulation for 3 months on DOM software(Stellar and TT) following markets EuroStoxx, Bund, Bobl, Dax, EMin S&P, Gold, Oil, GBP, Gilt, Tnotes, EuroFx, Yen.
Charting ive used is CQG and MarketDelta(IQFeed)
Ive excellent understanding of Economic calendars interpretation and trading on News and Nos(I prefer not to trade imm on news but after 5 mins for ex on NFP)

I’ve checked arcades and they are very costly for new traders and lockup the money.
Ive listed my markets and resources required as below and im open to suggestions. My Email id is - [email protected]

Market Initially I’m considering EuroStoxx. With more capital will go for Bund Bobl. I’m, considering Europe only since we live in that time zone and to save the cost. I follow EMini S&p AND EuroFx on CME. Happy to go for any trading instrument other than spread betting.
Internet and TV – 2 broadband, charting, Trading and 1 TV - Bloomberg CNBC
Print News – I got FT and Economist Online license which I can share.
Live Nos- Reuters - Ideally I would love to have it but it’s a bit costly ill avoid Bloomberg also for the same reason. Once we will have enough capital we can think of it
Squawk – Important for me with all the live commentary. I listen to Ran Squawk and Live Squawk and find them almost comparable. Plus they provide market research and economic calendars. Any other ideas im open.
Platform – I want to trade Futures only so DOM is imp for me. To limit cost im considering NiinjaTrader we can get together and get some discount on that. I like its ATM strategy which will be usefully in fast moving Forex Market. I like TT but its costly. With Velocity you get it free but don’t get others like oco and advanced orders. Again open to suggestions.
Data Feed – Personally and with talk to other guys they rely on CQG but its bit costly. I’ll be happy to go with Market Delta which gives Volume Profile and Footprint Profile which I found extremely helpful. Plus we can share single license to multiple screens which saves cost. Both are costly. But if I get more people ill be happy to go with CQG and MD(For FootPrint).
Desk and computers – Its individual preference. I prefer 4 monitors and 2 Desktopes. Charting and Trading. If we have more people then we can share the charting software machine. Which will be way cheap since cost of license and desktop will be reduced plus we can share the charts on any monitors.
Above are my initial thoughts. Let me know if anyone needs to set it up with me Or existing ones willing to share resources.

Im happy to help any newbie if they want to learn what i know ;)

Ive listed the above ones by my limited experience. I want to get started trading Eurostoxx asap and
please respond if you have any doubts or suggestion or want to group with me.

Cheers

Guys

I’m looking for trading partners. Let me know if anyone’s interested and we can meet up and decide on next task.

About Me – I got trained by a Prop firm on simulation for 3 months on DOM software(Stellar and TT) following markets EuroStoxx, Bund, Bobl, Dax, EMin S&P, Gold, Oil, GBP, Gilt, Tnotes, EuroFx, Yen.
Charting ive used is CQG and MarketDelta(IQFeed)
Ive excellent understanding of Economic calendars interpretation and trading on News and Nos(I prefer not to trade imm on news but after 5 mins for ex on NFP)

I’ve checked arcades and they are very costly for new traders and lockup the money.
Ive listed my markets and resources required as below and im open to suggestions. My Email id is - [email protected]

Market Initially I’m considering EuroStoxx. With more capital will go for Bund Bobl. I’m, considering Europe only since we live in that time zone and to save the cost. I follow EMini S&p AND EuroFx on CME. Happy to go for any trading instrument other than spread betting.
Internet and TV – 2 broadband, charting, Trading and 1 TV - Bloomberg CNBC
Print News – I got FT and Economist Online license which I can share.
Live Nos- Reuters - Ideally I would love to have it but it’s a bit costly ill avoid Bloomberg also for the same reason. Once we will have enough capital we can think of it
Squawk – Important for me with all the live commentary. I listen to Ran Squawk and Live Squawk and find them almost comparable. Plus they provide market research and economic calendars. Any other ideas im open.
Platform – I want to trade Futures only so DOM is imp for me. To limit cost im considering NiinjaTrader we can get together and get some discount on that. I like its ATM strategy which will be usefully in fast moving Forex Market. I like TT but its costly. With Velocity you get it free but don’t get others like oco and advanced orders. Again open to suggestions.
Data Feed – Personally and with talk to other guys they rely on CQG but its bit costly. I’ll be happy to go with Market Delta which gives Volume Profile and Footprint Profile which I found extremely helpful. Plus we can share single license to multiple screens which saves cost. Both are costly. But if I get more people ill be happy to go with CQG and MD(For FootPrint).
Desk and computers – Its individual preference. I prefer 4 monitors and 2 Desktopes. Charting and Trading. If we have more people then we can share the charting software machine. Which will be way cheap since cost of license and desktop will be reduced plus we can share the charts on any monitors.
Above are my initial thoughts. Let me know if anyone needs to set it up with me Or existing ones willing to share resources.

Im happy to help any newbie if they want to learn what i know ;)

Ive listed the above ones by my limited experience. I want to get started trading Eurostoxx asap and
please respond if you have any doubts or suggestion or want to group with me.

Cheers

hi Eurex,
what are your exact reasons for not remaining at the arcade? Generally speaking they want a 70/30 profit split if you have no capital along with desk costs which are around £2500. I see that you are looking for another cost effective solution, but do you not think being in that environment with the guys who have actually taught you the strategy gives you a better edge for scalability?

I would also be interested in sharing office costs as I am looking at arcade vs being home. If you want to continue with the dialogue so that we can develop an understanding of each other a bit then let's PM each other a bit before making direct contact.

I am looking at opening an account with a broker that supports either TT/CQG or CTS T4. I am happy to have a budget of up to £1000 a month but what happens is sometimes a strategy works and then it stops which means you have to find new ideas. I am trying to assess myself if the extra cost is worth being in an arcade especially since you will not have to worry about margins at all, just p&L based stop losses which means you can choose to leverage under the profit sharing arrangement with the arcade.

I am keen to hear your thoughts.

hi Eurex,
what are your exact reasons for not remaining at the arcade? Generally speaking they want a 70/30 profit split if you have no capital along with desk costs which are around £2500. I see that you are looking for another cost effective solution, but do you not think being in that environment with the guys who have actually taught you the strategy gives you a better edge for scalability?
Cost is way more and you have to recover your 2500pm for which you will have to take a lot of unnecessary trades. In my view more trades => more losses. Environment is professional but everyone is stressed out there. Plus if you are backed by prop firm then you have to do Desk Time which i don't like.
I would also be interested in sharing office costs as I am looking at arcade vs being home. If you want to continue with the dialogue so that we can develop an understanding of each other a bit then let's PM each other a bit before making direct contact.
Drop me a line on [email protected]. Im based in BH1 let me know if you are near. ill be planning a weekend meet up in BH1 once my setup is up and running.I was looking for trading partners and place to rent so that 2 Internet, Squawk, TV are shared which is away from distraction of Home. I couldn't find any so im setting up mine own at home. I can help you set up your if you want to know. Let me know what you need.
I am looking at opening an account with a broker that supports either TT/CQG or CTS T4. I am happy to have a budget of up to £1000 a month but what happens is sometimes a strategy works and then it stops which means you have to find new ideas. I am trying to assess myself if the extra cost is worth being in an arcade especially since you will not have to worry about margins at all, just p&L based stop losses which means you can choose to leverage under the profit sharing arrangement with the arcade.
If you are risky then you have to put more margin with them. your money will be tied to them. If you can recover more than the fee of Prop firm yourself per month then why go with them just keep trading getting you 2500+ pm and increase your size. desk fee is a waste there unless you trade big size then you can recover that in cheap commissions. If you have more money then you can go for CQG or TT they are costly for beginners. Im looking for some cheap stable DOM and charting for Futures.
I am keen to hear your thoughts.

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
Let me know how it goes.

hi Eurex,
I am not near BH1, I am in London, which is logistically means we are too far away to collaborate which seems to be a shame. May I ask which firm you were at and how you went above 2,500 per month in costs?

Desk would be about £1,200 + another £1,300 in plaform fees. Anything above that seems a bit punchy.

Best Regards,
BoG

Hey

Been trading on and off for 5 years.

If anyone is still intrested to meet up and discuss the possibilty of trading together let me know and reply to this post.

cheers

Search on gum tree for desk space if you want to get out of the house and find a local business centre. It is much cheaper than an arcade. Then let other traders know where you have set up in the trading arcades section here.

I (and one other person) currently occupy a 3/4 man office in South Molton Street (directly on top of Bond St tube). I am a portfolio manager trading predominantly in the FX market. As such I am looking for one other person to join and rent the available desk. Included in the price is complete, fast, reliable and unlimited internet, office facilities (including shower etc). The office sits on the 5th floor and is serviced by a lift. The office also has abundant natural light with several windows facing out onto pedestrian South Molton street.

My preference is obviously for another trader to join and one that trades FX would be ideal.

Cost is £500 per month and is inclusive of all noted above.
Please get in touch to discuss further if interested.

Have a look at www.forextradingfloors.co.uk It might be what you are looking for. The trading floor is based in Brentwood Essex 40 minutes from Liverpool Street. Great bunch of guys and girls trading together every day

Hey cheers yeah, been trading there for 3 months, been a great help. For the first time ever I've been trading I've been up for 6 straight weeks. Some very knowledgeable and helpful price action traders, coffee or tea from any of the dorris's. And uhm master of the putting green.

Monthly options meeting in West London

Hi All
We have a West London monthly Wednesday pm options meeting that has been going some 15 years. Members trade for themselves and come together to share ideas and strategies over lunch followed by a 3 hour meeting. We have between 10 and 12 regular members and would consider a few more if any experienced options traders are interested in joining us. Let me know if you are interested:[email protected].