London Meet - Mech Systems Traders

Next Meeting

24th August 2009 11 am

Cricheley st
Slug & Lettuce ( next to London Eye)

Cost = £11.00 - includes lunch from the menu and tea/coffee all day.

The timing is really bad isnt it? What about all those people who work? lunch normally doesnt start until 12:30ish and staying up till 3:00 for a lunch break is not an option. Also this is not on a weekend, so is this a unemployed traders + students wannabes get together? what about those wannabes who want to become traders to get out of rat race? No meetup for us lot?

The timing is really bad isnt it? What about all those people who work? lunch normally doesnt start until 12:30ish and staying up till 3:00 for a lunch break is not an option. Also this is not on a weekend, so is this a unemployed traders + students wannabes get together? what about those wannabes who want to become traders to get out of rat race? No meetup for us lot?

If you really want to attend you can always take a day off work.

So you are suggesting one day off out of my 25 day allowance. Not knowing for sure, if its even worth it. and even if it is, then 12 days a year for this leaving me with a balance of just 13 days for holidays / stress breaks / etc?

Why not make it more convinient, say Thursday evening 6:30 - onwards? (all those who currently attend, can attend and many more?)

So you are suggesting one day off out of my 25 day allowance. Not knowing for sure, if its even worth it. and even if it is, then 12 days a year for this leaving me with a balance of just 13 days for holidays / stress breaks / etc?

Why not make it more convinient, say Thursday evening 6:30 - onwards? (all those who currently attend, can attend and many more?)

Two things:

1. the meetings have just always been that time because we can get the room "free". any other time eg evenings and it would cost. Some of us have kids,partners,etc and it's just more difficult to arrange that time off than during the day.

2 None of us are students and none of us are (as yet) unemployed. If you want a weekend/evening meeting I am sure there are plenty to choose from.

what happens at the meetings, do you give proper presentions or is just the socializing thing were you meet new traders and make new trader friends.

also what food do you get with the £11, is it anything from the menu, what about if you just want a £1.50 sandwich.

what happens at the meetings, do you give proper presentions or is just the socializing thing were you meet new traders and make new trader friends.

also what food do you get with the £11, is it anything from the menu, what about if you just want a £1.50 sandwich.

We try to give a presentation at each meeting.
I don't think they do a £1.50 sandwich and if they did it would cost you £11. You are paying for the space and facilities rather than the food.
You can have anything from the menu.
If it's more than £11 obviously you would pay the extra.

Hi All,

I'd be up for a meet round the city. 6.30ish after work would suit me - even if we didn't get a room and went somewhere for dinner instead.

Hi. I just wanted to check. Is the meeting still on for tomorrow and also, do I need to book or can I just turn up?

Also, is there any specific agenda/list of areas to be covered off?
Thanks
Vimal

mtg

Hi. I just wanted to check. Is the meeting still on for tomorrow and also, do I need to book or can I just turn up?

Also, is there any specific agenda/list of areas to be covered off?
Thanks
Vimal

Yes meeting is on - no specific agenda for this one.
You are welcome just to turn up.

Cant be for serious traders or is it ?

Weekdays is trading time

Alcohol should be for starters not tea or cofeee.When you guys reach alcaholics level invite me.