London Meet - Mech Systems Traders

Craig
Yes it is open to anyone with an interest.
We found spreadbetting v difficult to do on our real time portfolio system. There are lots of little quirks (quarks for the physicists out there) that don't appear obvious. It is doable but tricky IMHO.

Does this mean that CMC have an API?

Ours is an EOD system - long term trend kind of thing. So it doesn't require an API - to my knowledge ( maybe someone can correct me if I am out of date) CMC don't have an API.

Ours is an EOD system - long term trend kind of thing. So it doesn't require an API - to my knowledge ( maybe someone can correct me if I am out of date) CMC don't have an API.

Ok - you could easily manually trade a daily auto system. The only danger you face is "grey" market - out of hours - moves which are often not captured by historical data - particularly if you are maintaining tight stops. But I'm sure in 2 years you've though of this already!

Craig
Yes it is open to anyone with an interest.
We found spreadbetting v difficult to do on our real time portfolio system. There are lots of little quirks (quarks for the physicists out there) that don't appear obvious. It is doable but tricky IMHO.

Great! I look forward to it with an open mind. Our system is also EOD with trades typically lasting weeks rather than months, so execution and costs are quite important.

Cheers

Craig

yes that is one of the key issues - unfortunately our system needed £250,000 to trade it with full contracts and strangely I couldn't persuade the participants to cough up that much!! If anyone out there has that sort of cash..... pls contact!

Hi,

I would be interested in attending . I have a 100% automated system that runs with esignal data and trades through metatrader.

Also looking at saxobanks tradecommander for automated trading.

Hi,

I would be interested in attending. I trade an EOD system on the FTSE, CAC, DAX and DJIA and also on hourly FTSE - a trade breakout system from previous day. I use Capital Spreads and also use data including grey market data - I just treat it as if was the market and it works fine. I am up about 850 points in the last 7 weeks since I started trading the EOD system. Second day on the FTSE 1 hour system. Lost £80 on the first trade and made £250 on the second trade. I basically trade both systems mechanically/automatically with stop and contingent orders. If I can trail with stops intraday all the better.

Would be interested in hearing others views and opinions on trading. Please advise date for next meeting.

TriedItAll

Next meeting details here
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=357589&postcount=18
Hi,

I would be interested in attending. I trade an EOD system on the FTSE, CAC, DAX and DJIA and also on hourly FTSE - a trade breakout system from previous day. I use Capital Spreads and also use data including grey market data - I just treat it as if was the market and it works fine. I am up about 850 points in the last 7 weeks since I started trading the EOD system. Second day on the FTSE 1 hour system. Lost £80 on the first trade and made £250 on the second trade. I basically trade both systems mechanically/automatically with stop and contingent orders. If I can trail with stops intraday all the better.

Would be interested in hearing others views and opinions on trading. Please advise date for next meeting.

TriedItAll

Xmas Dinner

Trading is all about new ideas, new approaches so in that vein....
We are having a Xmas Dinner on Dec 4th 2007.
As a group we have been going now for about 4 years. This year we have decided to throw this open to any traders who are interested in meeting up and having a bit of a social - and maybe generate some new blood for next year's meetings.

Cost is £16.95 (2 courses) or £20.95 (3 courses) Plus drinks & tip.
Venue - Slug & lettuce, Chicheley st (Next to London Eye,Waterloo station).
Time 1300.

If anyone would like to attend / more information please pm me - latest date we can take food orders is Nov 26th.

Happy Xmas!

Group meeting organized bi monthly.
£10 per head includes lunch ( room is free ). All traders/ wannabe's welcome.
Presentation and chat - friendly style! Non profit making - not the trading!
Slug & lettuce right next to the London Eye
Next meet June 6th Wed 11am.
Are you guys still meeting on a bi-monthly basis? If so, let me know when the next one is!

next meeting

Jan 14th 11am
Slug & lettuce (downstairs room) - chicheley st next to the London eye

Next London meeting after 14/01/2008?

Fibonelli runs a group that meets up for socials on evenings - search thru the forums for him - we only meet midday.

I've just found this forum and would be delighted to join the meetings . Is there a regular pattern, so perhaps the next one is 1100 on 28/1 at Slug and Lettuce?
TIA Simon