Logica

Here is my view on LOG...
Please see chart below....
I make major support at 1430, with minor support at 1350 and 1293.The Velocity indicator is showing non confirmation of the lower lows on price.The falling down trend support line on price is still intact and would take a close below 1200 ish to be broken.Take a look at the falling tremd lines on Velocity...when there is a trend break,there is a corresponding price rise (4/12;12/01). The most encouraging sign is the higher lows formed on Velocity giving positive divergence.Friday's candlestick showed plenty of downward action that could not be sustained, with the price closing up 20p, but with a low of 80p lower than the day before.Interestingly, minor support was broken during this downward pressure ((1293)and the price has formed a double bottom (1260/1255) on 22/02;02/03. ESA Volume has been steadily rising since 02/01, with a substantial peak on 22/02 indicating a valid bottom.
This is not financial advice and is offered for those wishing to analyse this stock further.Iguess this should have been in TA, but I've put it here for the sake of continuity of the LOG thread...

ChartMan030301142909log.gif

Short Selling

Guy's
Help appreciated here-can any of you tell me Brokers that will allow short selling on UK stocks or do you use CFD's etc to short stocks-I cannot seem to find any Brokers in UK that will allow short selling-any help info much appreciated.

Alan

Thanks Chartman for the TA contribution..it does suit well here as you said for the sake of continuity, this way we can see it all together here...

Hi Alan,

I don't think ordinary brokers will allow you to short shares, you need to trade cfds in order to be able to short as well as to long. Those that I can recall right away are: CMC, IG Index and GNI. I use IG but I am not happy with their online support and it looks like GNI is better than the other with regard to online dealing..

good luck

rizgar

If you have a good trading relationship with your current broker, and a nice cash balance, try asking them if they would short for you on principle, and on what terms......
I know some brokers do it as a "favour for regulars".

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the comments re short selling-was only aware of the methods you mentioned i.e. CFD's etc -have been looking at CMC as their software looks fairly good.Thanks again

Alan

If you are considering CMC, checkout the past threads on this BB. You need to be aware of the limitations before using it as a trading platform.

You may also direct any spesific questions to the members already using these accounts at the Trade2Win Chatroom..

Riz

LOG behaved like log today and had one of its great bounces...up 113 (8.2%) to 1484...

I got in at 1353...but took profit soon +32...traded like Shel for a change.. :)

Watch for more bounces once the Nasdaq settles..

Riz

Well done Riz
This one is only for the brave, not that there is anything wrong with it, indeed the opposite is true.
Some very clever people have made a fortune from it over the last 27 years.
Steve