Logica LOG

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
I concur, Steve...I'd rather have them a bit lower, but it now seems less likely with Nas closing up on friday, RSI and stochastic K signalling a possible bounce...I'll be watching LOG closely tomorrow on the basis of L2 and Nas futs...LOG only pays a lot when you precisely time your trade...

good luck

Riz

shelman

439 1
I'm still not in.... down 30 at the min despite positive news :-

LONDON (AFX) - Logica PLC said it expects earnings per share growth for the
year ending June 30 2001 to be in line with market expectations, adding it also
sees strong revenue growth and margin improvement.
Logica said it expected to achieve a book to bill ratio of in excess of
1.15:1 for the current year, which helped underpin its confidence in the future.
In an announcement ahead of its analysts briefing today, the software and IT
services group said it expects the year to be "another one of strong revenue
growth and continued margin improvement with organic revenue growth continuing
the tempo achieved in the first half."
Logica added it expects to achieve continuing strong organic revenue growth
in the first half of the next financial year, with further steady margin
improvement and strong EPS growth.
However, it cautioned that its mobile networks business is not seeing "the
stellar growth rates" of the recent past.
But group finance director Andrew Given stressed that mobile networks
operations "remain powerfully positioned globally and is by far the fastest
growing business organically, with sequential and year on year growth
continuing."
He continued: "With the other businesses expected to accelerate in the first
half of next financial year, our overall portfolio of businesses will continue
to deliver superior performance."
bge/rn

Steve

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Steve, they are briefing analysts right now..if you're around see what their reaction is after the meeting and consider a position accordingly...

Riz

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Up +24 (2.5%) to 970 as:

Yesterday's upbeat trading statement from Logica (LOG - news) has prompted JP Morgan to upgrade its rating on the stock to "buy" from "long term buy". Also positive on the stock, Goldman Sachs has raised it target price on the software firm to £10.07 from 943p and repeated its "market perform" recommendation. WestLB Panmure has raised the stock to "market perform" from "neutral". Logica shares opened at 948p. (ukinvest)

Riz

shelman

439 1
OK Riz, thanks for that.
The market in general is making me very nervous. We seem, once again, to be lagging the US in realising the type of market we are in. The MMs of course know the answer and are accordingly manipulating prices to allow smart money to scoop up stock on the cheap. I may be wrong but we'll find out soon enough. I just don't have enough dosh to buy everything i would like to.

Steve

shelman

439 1
Finally bought back at 854 late on, a pure gamble and seeing the way the Nas is going i may have blundered.
Should have waited until the morning but i'm confident on next week.

Steve

Uncle

Established member
671 2
You may well be right........there is opportunity for profits from this stock, with a margin of 200 points between the BB's, and opening and closing at 835, having traded between a low of 796 and a high of 870 on Friday 15/06.

I am ready for the reversal

shelman

439 1
Still holding and gambling on this one. I could and maybe should have banked the profit at 900 late Friday but i let gut feeling rule.
It may get marked down on Monday, in which case i'll have missed the opportunity to squeeze more from it but then again if the market rallies this could easily move back to the upper bb.
Steve

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
After performing a big bounce from 615 to 805 in 3 days, just as most thought it was time LOG went higher, another PW rumours passed around on Thursday causing the price to dip back to 700 (now 710)... It turned out to be a Eropean institution shorting LOG big time seeing the last bounce wiping them out spreading unfounded rumours that LOG was just about to announce a profit warning...only LOG is still sticking by its June trading statement which was upbeat...

Once this is out in the open watch another struggle of shorters, this time seems to be big institutions, pushing the price up...very short time at least 800, mid term 1000 I'd say, so long as the company sticks to its previous statement...

Riz

shelman

439 1
Hope you got something out of it Riz.
I thought what happened was disgraceful to say the least.
Start a rumour and short the stock on the back of a very rapid substantial rise .. a rather devastating ploy and after the Moni debacle even more effective.

Steve

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
LOG reassured investors yesterday "that pdv, bought in October for £370 million in cash, had enjoyed a smooth integration and was holding margins ahead of the group average. The release of an upbeat statement so near to the full-year results next month provides confidence that Logica will hit City targets."

This started positive comments and buy advises in the press, here are 2 of them worth reading...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,38-2001272131,00.html

http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/business.cfm?id=95749&keyword=scrutineer

Riz

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
LOG been trying to rally, Steve...I'd have gone long early this morning if it wasnt for the spread...now +ve, L2 quite strong, on top of my buy on dips list, and of course Sir's short list :)

Riz

y2k

40 0
Trust you picked up a hat full on Thursday and yesterday morning then Rizz. I did, but there sold now. Could see 750 in run up to results which I dont expect to be good. Im told that their utilities/power division - one of the most lucrative parts of the business has not met this quarters target. Also, week commencing 16th July the company laid off a number of staff at its London office - this has not been made public, as far as I know. However, I dont feel LOG will give me the safety buffer Id require to short into their results so im just playing LOG intraday as I see it. Whatever, LOG is king of the swingers and a great share to trade.

PS. ARM down 41 points this week. 250 to go by mid September IMO.

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Been trading in a range of 660-740 for the last month, Sir...having touched 740 twice end of day and many times intraday...this says it all, with a bit sense of right timing the trade it's there to make use of swings almost every day...Why do you think Steve keeps coming back to it if not to inflate the capital more and more:)

Riz

Last edited: