Lloyds and RBS?

buzzing

I bought shares in these and they went down big time, but have come back and are heading to the price I bought them, will they continue to rise? The government has bought stakes in them so I guess they should be safe, just not sure when to sell.

Do most traders stick to a certain area for example in my case- banks?

Also how would I find a traders club where I can meet people and talk? (I am a people person not a forum person) I live in Bournemouth.

I bought shares in these and they went down big time, but have come back and are heading to the price I bought them, will they continue to rise? The government has bought stakes in them so I guess they should be safe, just not sure when to sell.

Do most traders stick to a certain area for example in my case- banks?

Also how would I find a traders club where I can meet people and talk? (I am a people person not a forum person) I live in Bournemouth.

Hey,
I think Lloyds are a good buy at the moment, I have an open long position that expires in June. Used to trade RBS & Barclays too but haven't had much time to look at their charts recently. I think it will be interesting to see what the FTSE does from here. If it breaks through 6100 convincingly I shall add to my Lloyds position.

I'm from Weymouth and would be interested in networking with fellow traders.

You live in Weymouth! I live in Bournemouth. I tried to email you but havent posted enough on this forum to be able to.

RBS and Llpyds both seem to be going up, hold on and hopefully this will continue.

You live in Weymouth! I live in Bournemouth. I tried to email you but havent posted enough on this forum to be able to.

RBS and Llpyds both seem to be going up, hold on and hopefully this will continue.

You still have all these libor scandal fines and the payment protection issues which could come to light. The banks are getting a huge social bashing at the moment and I personally would steer clear of this sector. I'd look into trading either the squeeze in the food sector ie MRW or maybe Voda's or ARM on the tech side.

Well I lost a lot of money and was hoping they would go over what I paid for them- 41p for RBS and 60p Lloyds! Surely, if the government still has such a big stake in them they can't be too dangerous in the long run?

Their PE ratios were about 19 last year does that mean they were too expensive but the prediction on my broker's website says their PE ratio for this yr (a prediction) is about 10 which means it's good to buy, right?

Still trying to work out trading!

Last edited:
Well I lost a lot of money and was hoping they would go over what I paid for them- 41p for RBS and 60p Lloyds! Surely, if the government still has such a big stake in them they can't be too dangerous in the long run?

There PE ratios were about 19 last year does that mean they were too expensive but the prediction on my broker's website says their PE ratio is about 10 which means it's good to buy, right?

Still trying to work out trading!

If Im not mistaken the target set by morgans was 60p. And the target for the inverse head and shoulders is 62p.
For Lloyds obviously

hi buzzing, i did the same thing i bought thinking they were cheap and have been holding for some time. i still hope for a profit and will probably keep holding for now but if you take a look at the chart i posted you can see the stock is at the top of a channel and this may halt the up move for now. some folks are calling a top on the ftse and american markets so if that happens lloy will probably decline with them but nothing ever goes up in a straight line. looking at the charts there seems to be a big interest in the banks right now even with all the bad news they have had a great run lately.

Attachments

• lloy.jpg
    lloy.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 217
Morgans= RBS? (60p)?

Lloyds= 62p?

is that what you mean?

Who're Morgans?

No, the price target for MORGAN STANLEY is 60p. My target for the inverse head and shouders is 62p. Surely you are aware that the price of RBS is nowhere near 60p anymore and these relate to Lloyds...obviously

i will need a couple of thousand in my bank account from about £20,000 in shares in Lloyds and RBS, they are both lower than what I paid for them originally- spent about £23,000 (most of savings!) should I sell £2000 worth of lloyds? (They're doing better than RBS) which is better than selling all of it at a loss.