Live Trading Room Reviews

just found another live room that looks decent its proforexroom.com the trader has been on cnbc several times so he cant be a scammer! if anyone knows about him/it please tell....

Keeno, good question!

Do you remember reading in Market Wizard the interview with the originator of the Turtle Trading system. He said that he could post his system on the front page of the Wall Street Journal and yet only 0.1% of those who read it would be able to make money from it.

In the live trading room we trade live. For example on Friday we traded 3 times and made about 30 points in total. I spoke to a woman on saturday who only took 2 of the 3 trades I called in the live room. So I asked her why she didnt take the 3rd trade. She said she didnt like the look of it.

Sunday morning I was having breakfast with a really good friend. He loves trading and executes my trades in the live room.

I gave him a £1 coin and asked him what the odds of a head was. He replied "50%". Of course he is right. Everyone knows it is 50/50. However, what you know on an intellectual level does not equate to understanding on an emotional level.

And in there lies the true answer for me. I once sat next to the no 9 on the World Golfing ranking list at some event, and he told me he was a better golfer than Tiger W. But, as he admitted, his confidence (psychology) was not as intact as Tiger, who just seemed to be able to put any bad strokes(bad trades) behind him and move on..

The solution: in my humble opinon is found in the following quote:

Everybody wants to be somebody; nobody wants to grow.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

So I am afraid there is no magic cure...just keep working at it...every day...

best wishes

Tom

Cracking post this...respect...:cool:

Hi Tom - good to see you posting here again - hope you make it a regular thing!

Guys 'n Gels - a general point . . .
T2W has a bespoke Reviews section of the site. Your reviews about anything trading related are very welcome indeed, but PLEASE post them there - rather than in ordinary forum threads that tend to get lost in no time at all. Obviously, if you're offering an opinion, e.g. jonty123's: "They're all a load of b*llocks, the three that you have mentioned and every single other one in the world." - then this is the ideal place to do that. Only review something that you have first hand experience of!
Tim.

Hi Tom - good to see you posting here again - hope you make it a regular thing!

Guys 'n Gels - a general point . . .
T2W has a bespoke Reviews section of the site. Your reviews about anything trading related are very welcome indeed, but PLEASE post them there - rather than in ordinary forum threads that tend to get lost in no time at all. Obviously, if you're offering an opinion, e.g. jonty123's: "They're all a load of b*llocks, the three that you have mentioned and every single other one in the world." - then this is the ideal place to do that. Only review something that you have first hand experience of!
Tim.

Had a look in that section but the sites mentioned here are not reviewed or even there in that section, which way today live room, proforex live room etc...phil newtons trading strategies is there but no reviews, his room is decent but only drawback is he does not show historical results which always raises an eyebrow!

Hi Keeno,

I invited Phil Newton down from "up North" to see the film FLOORED in London. We had a right old laugh, and Phil being a bit of a computer buff persuaded me to "invest" £400 in a graphics cards, which sadly sits drawing dust :)))))...thank you Mr. He is a pretty decent guy, no doubt about it, and very disciplined trader. You got to admire that.

Keeno, I am really writing because I don't know what it is you want from me in the last post? Do you want me to post reviews on the site or invite people to do it here? I got all sorts of reviews from "you guys rock" to "you guys suck".

Maybe you can post here and let me know what you want.

Tom

Had a look in that section but the sites mentioned here are not reviewed or even there in that section, which way today live room, proforex live room etc...phil newtons trading strategies is there but no reviews, his room is decent but only drawback is he does not show historical results which always raises an eyebrow!
Hi keeno1,
Thanks for the feedback: I've a couple of points to make:
1. There are so many sites out there offering support, coaching and tips etc. to traders that it's simply not practicable to list all of them in the reviews section. However, I am very happy to list any product or service at the request of a vendor - and especially at the request of a T2W member who wishes to write a review. All I ask is that I'm provided with an URL. I've added Tom's site (SUNSEEKER) here: Which Way Today
2. You mention that Phil Newton's site is listed but, as yet, there are no reviews. You then proceed to write a very succinct one of your own, lol! Your comments here are wasted; far more people will see them and read them if you post them in the Reviews section! Hopefully, this will then prompt other people to write a review of their own. So, why not head over to Trading Strategies and be the first person to get the ball rolling?
;)
Tim.

Hi Keeno,

I invited Phil Newton down from "up North" to see the film FLOORED in London. We had a right old laugh, and Phil being a bit of a computer buff persuaded me to "invest" £400 in a graphics cards, which sadly sits drawing dust :)))))...thank you Mr. He is a pretty decent guy, no doubt about it, and very disciplined trader. You got to admire that.

Keeno, I am really writing because I don't know what it is you want from me in the last post? Do you want me to post reviews on the site or invite people to do it here? I got all sorts of reviews from "you guys rock" to "you guys suck".

Maybe you can post here and let me know what you want.

Tom

I dont want you to do anything Tom it was Timsk who said about doing reviews in the review section, your website whichwaytoday wasnt in there but it is now, no probs anyway.

Yes Mr Newton is a disciplined trader indeed, i believe he can be down a thousand pips in a week keep on trading with no emotion and end the week back up over a thousand pips, thats a serious trader. But me personally would prefer results similar to your own, with smaller average drawdowns. I would prefer to scalp if i could but it seems like a losers game.

Hi keeno1,
Thanks for the feedback: I've a couple of points to make:
1. There are so many sites out there offering support, coaching and tips etc. to traders that it's simply not practicable to list all of them in the reviews section. However, I am very happy to list any product or service at the request of a vendor - and especially at the request of a T2W member who wishes to write a review. All I ask is that I'm provided with an URL. I've added Tom's site (SUNSEEKER) here: Which Way Today
2. You mention that Phil Newton's site is listed but, as yet, there are no reviews. You then proceed to write a very succinct one of your own, lol! Your comments here are wasted; far more people will see them and read them if you post them in the Reviews section! Hopefully, this will then prompt other people to write a review of their own. So, why not head over to Trading Strategies and be the first person to get the ball rolling?
;)
Tim.

If i ever spend a decent amount of time in the rooms and actually trade the systems for a while i will do some reviews, no problem.

Lots of good reviews about phil newton on internet anyway he has a good rep, only thing is he does not publish results which i would rather have if i was going to trade a system, but hey its up to him if he wants to! Good reviews for Tom and David aswell, a major improvement on the other services available.
Cheers.

Yeah I agree, from my experience , it's all remarkably good and can be difficult to choose to be honest.

:)

considering how many people are in the trading industry it just goes to show how hard trading really is, out of all the traders & gurus only a very small number of them can open a live room and make live calls without any benefit of hindsight.

Hi, i have been looking at Whichwaytodaycom for a while, its live forex and indices a mixture of scalp and swing, its run by a well known guy called tom hugaard he spoke alot on bloomberg etc.., the performance looks very good. But it does not seem like anyone knows about it on t2w. They have a course in London but its £900 for 2 days. Maybe have a look at that room if you are still looking!

I remember him on Bloomers - he got it consistantly wrong, day after day.
He finally fathomed out a new system whereby he was more likely to be right if he turned the forecast chart upside down !!
Had a sense of humour and a gift of the gab but **************

I remember him on Bloomers - he got it consistantly wrong, day after day.
He finally fathomed out a new system whereby he was more likely to be right if he turned the forecast chart upside down !!
Had a sense of humour and a gift of the gab but **************

he and his partner david do have a good performance record though! it is tempting to follow them for traders who lack confidence and market knowledge. I know everyone says learn youself but it is hard...

I like his style. He's sharp and extremely knowledgeable. He may get it wrong sometimes but he gets it right more often and thats exactly what we are all trying to attain.

He also has a trading style that most would find difficult to keep up with which means he has to stick his neck on the line more often than your average conservative trader would need to do.

He has my vote!

(y)

you guys should check out trader_dantes live room hes doing things in there ive never seen before

you dont really find his room as he doesnt have a website or really advertise. send him a private message on t2w and he should give you a free trial for a week

his live calls performance is quite good- they certainly are profitable since I joined. the analysis of setups and teaching in the room is excellent though (when he's actually in there on time :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Alfiemal,
Sent you a pm-wonder if you could possibly get back to me if at all poss?
ta

Arabian Knights has some sorta talk room but I haven't tried it.
? anyone

you dont really find his room as he doesnt have a website or really advertise. send him a private message on t2w and he should give you a free trial for a week

his live calls performance is quite good- they certainly are profitable since I joined. the analysis of setups and teaching in the room is excellent though (when he's actually in there on time :rolleyes:)

Having a trial in trader_dante's live room now first impressions spot on. Knows what hes talking about...(y)

Arabian Knights has some sorta talk room but I haven't tried it.
? anyone

you mean the stirs room? :eek: hahahahahaha

that is so funny. :cheesy:

actually you can learn a lot in there from time to time but its not a trading calls room as such. :cool:

basically its for locals who trade stirs.