Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I wish I was not.

-40 - painful

Maybe I shouldn't trade on Friday afternoon next time

PS It looks like stop hunting and I would enter sell below the local low if it was nof Friday night (maybe on Sunday night)

Last edited:
Just a quick question
Does anyone here take the dollar index into consideration before trading any $ related trade?

I use it for correlation - i've posted charts up here in the past but thought i was the only one! :LOL:
Oddly, I can't say its provided support for getting into trades, but its definitely kept me out of some dodgy ones. Or maybe thats just my memory playing tricks on me...

Did anyone catch this double top on the USD/CHF 5 min?
Wish I did but but I only look at the 4 hour and Daily.
omwdi.jpg

I wish I was not.

-40 - painful

Maybe I shouldn't trade on Friday afternoon next time

PS It looks like stop hunting and I would enter sell below the local low if it was nof Friday night (maybe on Sunday night)

Well - it was a bad trade. I never waited for hourly local low to form (when the price breaks the trend line and comes back to TL bouncing off it), although I was planning to do it. Instead I jumped in short trade based on smaller TF on Friday after 16:00 !? without waiting for the local low and consequent breach.

I can blame stop hunting (price retraced more then 50 pips in less than an hour), algos etc. as much as I like, but it would be better not to repeat this kind of trading. Another lesson learnt.

Anyway that initial plan is still on - price hasn't dropped below the local low as yet (on hourly chart). Would I trade it on Sunday night? - I'm not so sure as this is not the best quality pattern: it's only kind of trend line rejection and price has been messing around instead of some nice and precise moves. If I trade it - I would sell below the local low with the stop above the stop hunting hourly candle high.

So if I trade it: sell order at 1.2837 stop at 1.2893 (it is 56 points to the stop, but I would adjust the stake accordingly)

Attachments

• hourly.JPG
    hourly.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 99
Trading the morning gap
It seems to me that this is a good method. Now we can see the pre-market data on Google- finance. I realize that small-medium stocks that declare earnings, sales and future earnings better than expected usually gap up immediately and the price increases further after 9.30 am. I enter the price at 9.29. The average volume should be more than 500.000, the gap no more than 10%, and the tecnical setup a buy.
Usually it works, but not always. Has anyone obtained these oservations? If yes are there more things to consider in order to reduce the error? Thank you. For an exchange of opinions you can contact me at my mail address: [email protected]

This is a live call thread,please move this discussion to another thread,thanks

short nzd/jpy at 64.50 sl 64.82

wider stop than normal to hopefully cover the line

-32 x 2,poor end to the week and finished with not much profit. I fail;ed to move my stop enough to cover the line and ofcourse it then hits the line and falls away

Last edited:
It was a mistake to enter it - I don't like the set up

CLOSED AT 1.2834 +3

It dropped to near 1.2800, but I was fast asleep at that time. Anyway it's nowhere near what I would expect from a proper trend line rejection.

BTW PA has made the trend line useless - I'll just ignore it and look for some other lines:)

OR some other pair

Attachments

• eu.JPG
    eu.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited: