Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

The small horizontal lines represent where the hourly trendline is for those 12 5minute candles.
The long horizontal lines are my targets for adding to the position.

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (DFB).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (DFB).png
    18.2 KB · Views: 119
yes it's looking like an ugly chart day.

I was thinking the same, but again it depends on a trading style.

I didn't trade this way - it's only an idea.:idea:
I would say it's important to see if the market is trending or ranging (choppy). If it's a ranging market I can draw couple of lines (high and low for today before UK open). Then once it starts chopping I wait for the price on 15 min candles to come close to either side and as soon as there is an opposite colour candle - just put an order to buy/sell above/below the opposite colour candle's high/low with the stop at the extreme of the last move and R/R at least 1/1.

Look at GU chart today - it doesn't look ugly any more - 4 profitable trades and only 1 losing.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    192 KB · Views: 136
brave into a strong upward move out of that range. I dont trade trendlines. but good luck anyway.

Not my usual trade. You can tell by the EMAs still on my chart that i'm usually a trend follower but with a tight stop and a big R/R I will try to pick a top every now and again.

Long FTSE100 @ 5939 sl @ 5899 trgt @ 6000

Mainly taken as a hedge. If it falls to my stop it should mean that the US indices will fall also to an area i would consider buying them again. If the US indices continue their rally they will drag the FTSE up with me on board.

i cant trade now have a meeting but I always love the action around round numbers, the larger players will often try and run over it several times, there are just so many juicy stops. If it looks like it's going to run for some stops it probably will. lol.

good stats so far,but the way your trading,you need to be deadly accurate to be ahead in time.hope you will be.

I would expect a 75% hit rate as a minimum standard. I start trades off with a 20 pip SL but very rarely let them go to 20, normally I cut at 10ish. That -20 last night was a shocker where I was +10 up and I left it overnight, you won't see many 20 pip losers from me.