Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

eurusd is a mess.
No trades for me until after the US data is out.

Peter

It's not trending it's not ranging - it's rubbish imo(n)
Looks like a megaphone to me.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 126
Well - it closed below mph. line. No rejection as yet:rolleyes:

I was just reading the post - it's a bit confusing. What I meant is breach of the mph. line (going above it). Anyway there was one close above it and next one below it - so it seems it doesn't care that much about megaphone line.

However there is a trend line just above it (area between 1.3140 to 1.3150 at the moment) - if it goes above it, I'll close it.

I was just reading the post - it's a bit confusing. What I meant is breach of the mph. line (going above it). Anyway there was one close above it and next one below it - so it seems it doesn't care that much about megaphone line.

However there is a trend line just above it (area between 1.3140 to 1.3150 at the moment) - if it goes above it, I'll close it.

It breached trend line, so -20 for me this time:whistling

ouch,could have had so much more,the news release made me think twice,still its been a good recovery from a poor start to the week

Attachments

• 2012-03-16_1430.png
    2012-03-16_1430.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 110
Is it just me, or was the range since 8:30am EST (probably 1:30pm for you Brits) on the E/J just a setup by the pros so they could buy for a breakout of 110?

Not very subtle, are they?

It breached trend line, so -20 for me this time:whistling

A bit of trade analysis - may help next time.

The idea was to enter near the meg. line with a really good r/r - if it worked it should have hit the bottom meg. line. I was also thinking about it bouncing off the trend line, but it didn't. So it was a good decision to close it.

I didn't feel like trading afterwards, but if I did - long entry just above the 1st candle that closed above the trend line would have been nice.

NB I call it 'trend line'. It's not - it's just a line. Nevertheless fx pairs for some reason respect all sort of lines.
(A proper trend line is drawn either by connecting the higher lows in an up trend or by connecting the lower highs in a down trend)

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Gbp/Usd
There should be some action before the 2 trend lines meet. My guess is it will be the start of a down trend.

Attachments

• GBP - USD.PNG
    GBP - USD.PNG
    105 KB · Views: 117
Alright, this is it -- I spent the last 5 months on demo, and it's now time to go live again. Small stakes, though. I'm only going with $100, and I told myself I would not add a dime more until I at least doubled it. If I can't do something as simple as that, my account does not deserve more.

-----

So, tonight on the E/J, what have we got? 110 breached, solid uptrend. So I'ma go with longs tonight. The E/U is going up as well, so I'll take this as Euro strength across the board.

Let's see what this gives.

Alright, this is it -- I spent the last 5 months on demo, and it's now time to go live again. Small stakes, though. I'm only going with $100, and I told myself I would not add a dime more until I at least doubled it. If I can't do something as simple as that, my account does not deserve more.

-----

So, tonight on the E/J, what have we got? 110 breached, solid uptrend. So I'ma go with longs tonight. The E/U is going up as well, so I'll take this as Euro strength across the board.

Let's see what this gives.

What is the absolute minimum size per pip you can do on a $100 account?

^ It's Oanda, so 1 unit, which would be less than 1 cent, lol.

Would you recommend I go with that?

^ It's Oanda, so 1 unit, which would be less than 1 cent, lol.

Would you recommend I go with that?

Yes, no question about it :)

I like your post above btw.
The trick will be to analyse your results to ensure that your reading of the strength or weakness plays is "on balance" correct.

One your satisfied and have enough statistics to back up your assumptions....then confidence will grow and your account balance hopefully will have already grown. In other words, if you find that your doing all the right things...then just keep on doing them !