Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

some nice volatility now guys...........

Europeans look bullish
USD is flat (surprise surprise)
yen and Aussies taking the pain

good trading
N

Cable currently testing weekly R1 at 6835 it's also got the weekly high at 6839.

I'm thinking 6845 would be a good place to consider options.

Last edited:
What does that mean?

the G8 members were all displaying good momentum in lower TF's

momentum = profitable trades .........dependent on you picking one currency that is rising in value and one currency that is falling in value

same thing happening at the moment on the markets

N:smart:

the G8 members were all displaying good momentum in lower TF's

momentum = profitable trades .........dependent on you picking one currency that is rising in value and one currency that is falling in value

same thing happening at the moment on the markets

N:smart:
I understand. You initially said 'volatility spikes' which I didn't see and which would probably be not such a good thing for trend trading forex traders?

Weekly high on Cable looking like its going to pose some barrier to further upward price development. Stop in tight at 6836.

Cable showing potential for further upside but I'm wary of GDP news in 15 mins so I'm sticking a buy limit at 6850 with a stop at 6820. 30 pips stop to avoid OANDA's house bonus scheme on spread magic around the numbers release. If it triggers, as soon as the spreads come back into line, I'll move it up to whatever seems the most appropriate level at that time.

Cable limit. Added in a TP at 6945 just in case it runs away while I'm having a heart attack at getting it right.

I've also put on a sell limit on Cable at 6800 with a stop at 6820 an a TP at 6705.

If either of these limits trigger I'll cancel the other. If neither trigger I'll cancel both.

Never, ever trade around the news...I'm sure I said that just before I traded around the news.

Never, ever trade around the news...I'm sure I said that just before I traded around the news.

Well its a binary , so sometimes it will be very rewarding , but should be aware of increased spreads , whipsaws and slippage at news time .

Increased spreads. I trade with OANDA. I know what that do around these times and I still went ahead and did it anyway. I suspect I may have been trying to show off. Certainly managed that.