Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Stopped 74, can't remember such a bad run.
Not having a good 7 days !

There’s one sure fire way of turning your fortunes around – and I can help.

If you’re prepared to stand me a pint, I’ll start fading your trades until you’re back in the black. It’s never failed.

There’s one sure fire way of turning your fortunes around – and I can help.

If you’re prepared to stand me a pint, I’ll start fading your trades until you’re back in the black. It’s never failed.

Haha sounds like a cunning plan !

You've been a professional trader for quite a long time haven't you? I'm sure you've had worse spells in that time. Either way, your calls have been great to watch on the whole since you began posting.

For some reason only just seen ur and PB'S posts.
Yes I'm sure I have had worse runs ! I thought I
knew more now than I did the last bad run !
I need to keep things into perspective.
I have had decent year so far this year.
My strat is to buy dips in rising mkt or sell rallies
in falling. If mkt doesn't run I'm not going to
make money as u have recently seen !
I'm not after sympathy as trading for a Bank
gives me many more advantages than most can
obtain from a retail broker.( I hope u can also
see that apart from better fills I don't have "insider
Knowledge" that people tend to believe. Maybe I just
work for the wrong Bank !)

Ditto scholfield's comments above.

If the expectancy of your methods are positive - which I am sure they must be - then 6 losses in a row can only increase the probabilities of the next 6 not being losses.

Accountability, Focus, Optimism. - Selk (thanks for the heads up).

Yes Jason selk may not be for everyone. But I think
he encourages putting "hard work" into what
matters. Also chimp paradox is good read as previously
mentioned.

FX Punt your comment on the market not running is demonstrably the case. Looking at my average and modal pip runs and those currently being achieved - albeit with a slightly different trading method - indicate the 30-40s at a pop are now more 10-20 - if that. I'm taking stuff off - quite within my trading remit - at s/r levels or even on a hint of loss of momentum and feeling quite pleased in retrospect that I didn't sit it out ad wait for a more technical exit. It's no sooner got started than it runs out of steam. A smash and grab market for sure.

I just hope when it opens up again (hopefully) my methods will detect the change in sentiment and hang on in for the decent runs.

AY - yes been a scalp buy since opens with 5 pips stop - interim supports now at 93.29 - then 93 25 and then 93.17 . Present high of 9347 needs to be breached within next 10 mins now for another high - otherwise would look to take 70% stake off and then leave 30% on with stop in profit at 93.23

Dollar weakness from both Opens this morning means EU / GU / AU are still trying up whilst being in a 2- 4 day down trend. As a scalper I trade both ways - as the trend is just your time frame - and mine is from tick to 10 min normally ;-)

AY - Not made over 93.47 high in 30 mins - so scalp sell with stop at 48 - but needs now under 36 to hold longer - otherwise just take what you can make - ie 5 -10 pips

Purple Brain - ;-) got to get my 10 trades in before I pop out in next hr - so far only done 4 since opens - but now up 53 pips in total - all trades with stops of 3- 5 pips - scalper who's risk adverse - unusual

AY - gone to sleep ;-0 no breach of 93.38 within 30 mins - so exit scalp with only 3 pips profit ( not nice as dont like taking scalps for under 7 pips and now only in trade with part buy stake on on - which is set with stop in profit.

Leaving 3 "free trades" on - but now out for 3 hrs

Have a good day all ;-)

FX Punt your comment on the market not running is demonstrably the case. Looking at my average and modal pip runs and those currently being achieved - albeit with a slightly different trading method - indicate the 30-40s at a pop are now more 10-20 - if that. I'm taking stuff off - quite within my trading remit - at s/r levels or even on a hint of loss of momentum and feeling quite pleased in retrospect that I didn't sit it out ad wait for a more technical exit. It's no sooner got started than it runs out of steam. A smash and grab market for sure.

I just hope when it opens up again (hopefully) my methods will detect the change in sentiment and hang on in for the decent runs.

The tide will turn. A good part of the reason for the type of price action in forex these days is interest rates worldwide are low. Traders/investors see very little advantage in one currency over another. Carry trades that rely on large interest rate differentials are sidelined for now. When rates are all over the place with large differences from country to country that's when money flows into or out of a country can be much more trendy on a macro scale, and economic numbers will have a much greater impact on volatility (much larger spikes).

Peter

AY - gone to sleep ;-0 no breach of 93.38 within 30 mins - so exit scalp with only 3 pips profit ( not nice as dont like taking scalps for under 7 pips and now only in trade with part buy stake on on - which is set with stop in profit.

Leaving 3 "free trades" on - but now out for 3 hrs

Have a good day all ;-)
Could you just confirm what levels you got in and out at as I can't see how you scalped a 3 pip profit on a short aud/jpy between 09:13 and 09:43.

Could you just confirm what levels you got in and out at as I can't see how you scalped a 3 pip profit on a short aud/jpy between 09:13 and 09:43.

Yes - easy high was 47 lower high at 46 at 9.06am and then that low was a higher low at 93,39 at 9.13 am and then I am out at 42 at 9,23 - so 4 pips less 1 pip spread with commission on FX pro

Not a good scalp at all - as need togo under 38 and 36 to hold scalp sell on

However a profit - stop was 2 -3 pips so still a RR of 1 for me - and no loss

I normally have 2 -4 bad scalps a day with minus 1 - 5 pip losses - and then anything from 5 -15 good trades with most making 7 -25+ pips

Thats my stategy - works well and have mde easily over 7000 live scalps with 5 pip stops so I know what I am doing

You need to watch tick chart and 1 min and understand time windows to do this type of trading ;-)

Regards

Forexmospherian