Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

neither do i,-19 on cable

Nor do I -30

Somehow I forgot it's Friday. Anyway that would be -2% from 2 failed trades - enough for me for today.

'It's not what you make, it's what you don't lose. That determines how much you have at the end of the year'

Last edited:
Im sure he does,but even if he didnt and you do,it does not by any means make either of you right. There are many ways traders feel they can skin the cat. Many make a living of sub baseline performance. Like you I prefer to have R/R strongly in my favour but I know some that dont. Believing that everything told to us in a trading book is the way to go forward is imho about as worthwhile as paying for training from the so called mentor legends. The moments before and as we enter a trade, a complete set of alien emotions take over our brains and no book can teach you how to deal with that.
Not a question of right or wrong sir, more a question of apples and oranges. A +150 month with an aggregate risk of 50 pips for the same period is a different beast to a +150 pip month which required 600 pips of risk. Just trying to get a handle on relative levels of performance.

Not a question of right or wrong sir, more a question of apples and oranges. A +150 month with an aggregate risk of 50 pips for the same period is a different beast to a +150 pip month which required 600 pips of risk. Just trying to get a handle on relative levels of performance.

sure,what i was saying is that this is your opinion and one that is found is most books. not all traders trade that way. Some trade and risk 100 to win 10 pips. It doesnt matter as long as they have an edge. But yes i trade with r/r strongly in my favour

sure,what i was saying is that this is your opinion and one that is found is most books. not all traders trade that way. Some trade and risk 100 to win 10 pips. It doesnt matter as long as they have an edge. But yes i trade with r/r strongly in my favour
I wasn’t opining on the right/wrong of relative R:Rs. That is as you say a matter for each and every individual trader and there is absolutely no right/wrong R:R per se. I was simply saying that quoting an absolute P&L in pips tells you nothing about the performance profile without reference to the pips risked to generate any specific P&L. Obviously not felt particularly important here so I’ll not labour the point further.

I wasn’t opining on the right/wrong of relative R:Rs. That is as you say a matter for each and every individual trader and there is absolutely no right/wrong R:R per se. I was simply saying that quoting an absolute P&L in pips tells you nothing about the performance profile without reference to the pips risked to generate any specific P&L. Obviously not felt particularly important here so I’ll not labour the point further.

There are consistently profitable strategies with stop of 2 x r ,I use one with 100 stop and 45 reward.So your point is correct.The only issue is the distribution of profits and losses on variable position sizing .

Long dax 7660 stop 20