Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

That's not really what this thread is all about. It's not a contest. Everyone is free to post calls as long as they follow Lord Flasheart's rules of the thread. Some people here are still learning, some use this to help keep their discipline, some are here for camaraderie , and some are more experienced. We don't want to discourage or embarrass anyone by posting everyone's running totals. No one is being judged here.

Peter

There is nothing to be embarrassed about.Real trading involves drawdowns which I post on live calls .Everybody can see my drawdowns and throw dirty laundry on my thread .That is real trading.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/162600-box-breakout-pro-scalping-38.html#post2035210

Try do the reverse of what you want to do. You might turn things around. Also reduce trade size. It is the best ego booster you will get anywhere. Keep down sizing until your ego reaches the size of a bus.

Hi joe, whilst this is a Saturday and so can't distract from tradin, can you explain why you feel this often quoted method of downsizing lot size on a losing run is relevant.

If it is from a mathematical point of view then it shows you have a weakened faith in yourself and your method when you have some losing trades.

If it is from a psychological perspective then I don't see how working harder to,earn less can give you an ego the size of a bus, surely the opposite would be true.

Surely if you have robust methods of trading and are able,to trade different market conditions, as any full time trader should be, then you do not need to reduce lot size. You merely take the losing run as part of trading. If that affects ones psych, then it really must be addressed before continuing to trade.

What do you think?

Well done to flash for this thread. It clearly gives some people the comraderie that traders need. Otherwise it just gets plain damm lonely don't it.

There is nothing to be embarrassed about.Real trading involves drawdowns which I post on live calls .Everybody can see my drawdowns and throw dirty laundry on my thread .That is real trading.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/162600-box-breakout-pro-scalping-38.html#post2035210

Hi TLB, I'm just looking around threads, bored whilst recovering from tonsillectomy, and came across your thread.
I don't understand some points so wondered if I may ask. You say you are a full time trader. You trade at .1 lot (roughly 60p a point) you say that out of 1000 trades you would expect a profit of 3450 points.

Jeez, so out of 1000 trades your profit is $3450 or aprrox £2070.

If I assume you trade 50 times a day, which is pretty tiring, then to complete 1000 trades takes a trading month, 20 days. So your working your ass of as a pro trader for £2grand a month. I have assumed you operate in GBP as you state uk in your flag.

TLB may I suggest you look at less stressful alternatives where you can make 3 times that for a heck of a lot less work. Unless the figures posted in your thread are wrong (and you actually trade at 1 lot per trade which obviously returns 10 x more) then I would suggest you really haven't researched trading methods very well. Please let me know if i have the figures posted on your thread incorrect?

Andi,what ever i say about tlb and the total ******** he talks,he has at least posted his trades as he takes,with no delay and is ahead for the week with his trading,even if he did start chasing

Andi,what ever i say about tlb and the total ******** he talks,he has at least posted his trades as he takes,with no delay and is ahead for the week with his trading,even if he did start chasing

Yep cool for tlb.but as I have told you how many times, I am off till new year due to tonsillectomy then going away for Xmas.
How can I post trades I am not taking?????

I wil post some 15 min and above trades for you guys next week. I won't be taking them as I am off so I hope you make money from me. He he.

Be interested for TLB to explain the figures to me though. To be honest, if I only got .1 of a lot at risk I wouldn't mind posting trades. Who cares if you lose £3 on a 5pip trade. I pay 10 times that in commissions so I am not compromising my finance to show off here. And as Peter says, you designed this to help traders not as a comp. as I say, to save you all sitting in wide eyed amazement I will post some trades this week but will be from 15m and above analysis.

So as we are sure, when I enter a trade I have a pre set stop. On 15m and above that will be30 points. That is preset on my trade template with IG for SB or for metatrader I use myfx software.

Now that doesn't mean I will let it hit that stop, it is just a disaster stop to save my account if things get messy quickly. Once I am in the trade I then look at price action and momentum to see where the best place is to adjust my stop to. I will then either move it so it is a hard stop or leave it as a mental stop so the broker can't see it.

As for profit, I will have done my analysis on supply and demands zones (s/r) and will have already made up my mind as to where the trade could go. I will then look at price action, momentum and any possible fundamentals macro or other to asses how far I want the trade to try and run or how much time I want to be in the market. Again based on those factors I will look at hard or mental orders for tp.

I will always try to enter a trade where 1:1rr is achievable. As the 30stop is a disaster stop then I have to have my eye in to where the real stop and tp would be so I can quickly assess if the trade hits that criteria.

Hope that lets you see a little bit of my trade method In calculating stops straight off as market can change ASAP. But I check the atr for timeframe I am trading in order to preset my disaster stop, so of course on a 4 hr timeframe it can be a lot more than 15 min. What I love is when 4hr atr is same as 15 min. Not very often but has happened a bit recently. That's when you pick up decent moves.

Hi TLB, I'm just looking around threads, bored whilst recovering from tonsillectomy, and came across your thread.
I don't understand some points so wondered if I may ask. You say you are a full time trader. You trade at .1 lot (roughly 60p a point) you say that out of 1000 trades you would expect a profit of 3450 points.

Jeez, so out of 1000 trades your profit is $3450 or aprrox £2070.

If I assume you trade 50 times a day, which is pretty tiring, then to complete 1000 trades takes a trading month, 20 days. So your working your ass of as a pro trader for £2grand a month. I have assumed you operate in GBP as you state uk in your flag.

TLB may I suggest you look at less stressful alternatives where you can make 3 times that for a heck of a lot less work. Unless the figures posted in your thread are wrong (and you actually trade at 1 lot per trade which obviously returns 10 x more) then I would suggest you really haven't researched trading methods very well. Please let me know if i have the figures posted on your thread incorrect?

The information of $1 per pip is posted from a trainee account , they can make errors , who sits besides me and enters trades.They are going on full lots after training .The actual scalping account is not disclosed.The important thing is the pips made.Imagine a six figure account trading 10 lots and making 50 pips a week., with a draw down of 200 pips.That is somewhere near the truth.Target is $10k a week by end of 2013 ,that is where I am heading , and the method gives me that consistently.

I post live because I want to keep discipline on this method and let eveybody kick my ass , when I am not doing well.That way I keep my discipline and reduce mistakes.

I don't want to post $100 per pip , because some noobs might copy and blow their account.

The information of $1 per pip is posted from a trainee account , they can make errors , who sits besides me and enters trades.They are going on full lots after training .The actual scalping account is not disclosed.The important thing is the pips made.Imagine a six figure account trading 10 lots and making 50 pips a week., with a draw down of 200 pips.That is somewhere near the truth.Target is $10k a week by end of 2013 ,that is where I am heading , and the method gives me that consistently.

I post live because I want to keep discipline on this method and let eveybody kick my ass , when I am not doing well.That way I keep my discipline and reduce mistakes.

I don't want to post $100 per pip , because some noobs might copy and blow their account.

Sorry TLB, but if your making 50pips a week with a 200pip drawdown your account is wiped out in 4 weeks???
50 pips at $100 is only $500o a week.??? So about 3k english. But your igures show your drawdown this week to be $7k at one point. I think that shows your method not to be conventionally sound as the drawdown would be considered far too high.

And the scalping account is disclosed which is where i got the figures from.

Sorry not trying to trip you up but it doesnt make any sense whatsover and is light years away from conventional success i have witnessed before from scalpers.

Think you need to rethink your figures.

You also have said before that your trainees are abroad but now they sit next to you. Does that mean you are actually abroad as well and not really in england???

I dont need to imagine a six figure account, i trade full time. I trade at 15 lots or £100 a point if spreadbetting. But they arent asking you to post how much you trade so that doesnt matter.

And

Last edited:
Sorry TLB, but if your making 50pips a week with a 200pip drawdown your account is wiped out in 4 weeks???.
50 pips at $100 is only $500o a week.??? Not 10k.

And the scalping account is disclosed which is where i got the figures from.

Sorry not trying to trip you up but it doesnt make any sense whatsover and is light years away from conventional success i have witnessed before from scalpers.

Think you need to rethink your figures.

You also have said your trainees are aborad but now they sit next to you. Does that mean you are actually abroad as well and not really in england???

I trade at 15 lots or £100 a point if spreadbetting. But they arent asking you to post how much you trade so that doesnt matter.

And

On a £100,000 , $100 per pip *200 = $20,000 (£12,500) drawdown .The images are from trainee account , not the pro scalping account.I call some of the non scalping trades on this thread.

50 pips is $5,000 a week , but by following the system correctly 100 pips per week is easy .After 3 months the account trades $150 per pip , and $200 after 6 months , after 9 months $250 per pip and after 12 months $300 per pip , using the extra profits.

On a £100,000 , $100 per pip *200 = $20,000 (£12,500) drawdown .The images are from trainee account , not the pro scalping account.I call some of the non scalping trades on this thread.

50 pips is $5,000 a week , but by following the system correctly 100 pips per week is easy .After 3 months the account trades $150 per pip , and $200 after 6 months , after 9 months $250 per pip and after 12 months $300 per pip , using the extra profits.

Im not going on images from trainee account but from what you have told me in the previous post. Please reread my post as i pressed post before fully editing it. May make more sense now. Sorry

And if 100pips easy then why arent you doing it. Sorry mate really not trying to disenfranchise you but just doesnt make any sense.

Im not going on images from trainee account but from what you have told me in the previous post. Please reread my post as i pressed post before fully editing it. May make more sense now. Sorry

And if 100pips easy then why arent you doing it. Sorry mate really not trying to disenfranchise you but just doesnt make any sense.

I can't post all my trades live , it is time consuming , so I can only count the trades results of called trades.NOT ALL SCALPS ARE CALLED.

This week I picked some bad trades against the scalping system rules , that is why the drawdown this week.Otherwise the method is fine , just need a bit more discipline to follow my method.

I can't post all my trades live , it is time consuming , so I can only count the trades results of called trades.NOT ALL SCALPS ARE CALLED.

This week I picked some bad trades against the scalping system rules , that is why the drawdown this week.Otherwise the method is fine , just need a bit more discipline to follow my method.

Ok yes i understand. Posting calls via type isnt something i am particulary keen to do and i dont see how it can be done when scalping for real.

Jus goin over the charts on euro quickly, i think it has been a good week for scalping, plenty of supply areas hit. So not sure why your good scalping method had its worst drawdown in a good week.

But i am going on the figures you posted in your last few posts, figures you gave, not by going over this thread to see what you posted this week. It just doesnt stack up with the information you have given to me. Please feel free to contradict me or correct me, i am only trying to find out what is what.

Ok yes i understand. Posting calls via type isnt something i am particulary keen to do and i dont see how it can be done when scalping for real.

Jus goin over the charts on euro quickly, i think it has been a good week for scalping, plenty of supply areas hit. So not sure why your good scalping method had its worst drawdown in a good week.

But i am going on the figures you posted in your last few posts, figures you gave, not by going over this thread to see what you posted this week. It just doesnt stack up with the information you have given to me. Please feel free to contradict me or correct me, i am only trying to find out what is what.

I got to drive 4 hours to pick up a student from uni .Have a nice weekend.

Maths is not our weakness , he studies maths.

I got to drive 4 hours to pick up a student from uni .Have a nice weekend.

Maths is not our weakness , he studies maths.

Maths is definatley your weakness and just cos he studies maths dont mean he can trade does it.

Why dont you just post what you really do and then it wont unravell. I wont ask any more questions of you as it is clearly embarrasing. Sorry for any discomfort caused.

Hope you have a good weekend too.

I've checked all the calls I posted here in December and it comes to +83 pips if I'm correct (there is one loss I didn't post and it's included). It's better than I thought (I managed double whammy on Thu/Fri - lost 50-60 pips). As I change the stake according to various set ups (1% up to 3% risk per trade) that figure can be misleading.

I could have done better if I was choosier and if I cut some bad trades. On one of them I was caught and realised that straight away, but instead of closing it immediately - I let it hit the emergency stop
The last eur/usd short was unlucky (that intervention on Fri afternoon), but I was too generous with the stop and I ignored closing 1/2 when more than 20 pips was available (in a choppy market with 70 pips daily range!)

Last edited:
I've checked all the calls I posted here in December and it comes to +83 pips if I'm correct (there is one loss I didn't post and it's included). It's better than I thought (I managed double whammy on Thu/Fri - lost 50-60 pips). As I change the stake according to various set ups (1% up to 3% risk per trade), that figure can be misleading.

I could have done better if I was choosier and if I cut some bad trades. On one of them I was caught and realised that straight away, but instead of closing it immediately - I let it hit the emergency stop
The last eur/usd short was unlucky (that intervention on Fri afternoon), but I was too generous with the stop and I ignored closing 1/2 when more than 20 pips was available (in a choppy market with 70 pips daily range!)

How did the thread affect you,were you able to distance yourself and just trade normally and post the trades afterwards?

How did the thread affect you,were you able to distance yourself and just trade normally and post the trades afterwards?
Here I always post stops and when entering trades on my platform I don't do that straight away - need some time to check for the best place. Also few times I was affected by different opinions and took some trades I shouldn't have.

lol,you said they did the longer term trades, so you post the trades but show your trainees charts.You really are making a fool of yourself. why do you want to keep posting such drivel,do you really think you have any credibility left.Please move on.

Maths is definatley your weakness and just cos he studies maths dont mean he can trade does it.

Why dont you just post what you really do and then it wont unravell. I wont ask any more questions of you as it is clearly embarrasing. Sorry for any discomfort caused.

Hope you have a good weekend too.

I better move on , most of you need to go back to do your maths.

Embarrassed to keep a running total .wtf.fos.