Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Hmmmm.... I keep a close eye on the FCM reports on the CFTC website, and they always have a good amount of money over the required minimum that the regulatory commissions require, so I am guessing that makes them less likely to go under, I hope. I had an account with them until OCT 2011 and changed to IBFX, and am not crazy about IBFX and was thinking of going back to Forex.com. They supposedly fixed the requote problem. IBFX opens for business on Sunday an hour later than everyone else, and closes an hour earlier on Fri. That just gets under my skin for some reason. They also sold out to Tradestation, Inc. and they stay just a little over the minimum. Scares me a little.
Thanks,
Kent

I had an account with them around 2006. I liked the ForexTrader platform and the ForexInsider commentary. The platform had all the bells and whistles that I needed and was simple to use. The reason I left was because at that time the spreads were too wide (fixed back then) and I was getting requoted like no tomorrow. I know they have made significant changes and upgrades since then, spreads appear much better and they offer esignal charting I think.

Try out the demo and see if you like it.

Peter

Oh, that reminds me.

Pete, I've been meaning to ask. This morning I was watching the E/U and at some point around 9 - 9:30am I was thinking "this PA isn't natural, it should be selling off hard", then I think I noticed someone was holding up the price.

Is it possible some banks purposely hold up the price for some reason? The PA totally gave it away, I think.

Sold off hard around 8:30 on the initial jobless claims. Looked like it was trying to rebound. Also the S&P futures were up indicating a pop open in the NYSE at 9:30. This also helped the rise between 9-9:30 in anticipation.

Brokers, banks, market makers, etc, can employ any number of tricks, some legitimate, some very shady. The trick is t just follow the price action no matter what it's "supposed to do".

Not an easy game :)

Peter

Thanks for the info, man.

And no, this ain't no easy game. At least I'm finding that out the easy way. :LOL:

Hmmmm.... I keep a close eye on the FCM reports on the CFTC website, and they always have a good amount of money over the required minimum that the regulatory commissions require, so I am guessing that makes them less likely to go under, I hope. I had an account with them until OCT 2011 and changed to IBFX, and am not crazy about IBFX and was thinking of going back to Forex.com. They supposedly fixed the requote problem. IBFX opens for business on Sunday an hour later than everyone else, and closes an hour earlier on Fri. That just gets under my skin for some reason. They also sold out to Tradestation, Inc. and they stay just a little over the minimum. Scares me a little.
Thanks,
Kent

This is just my opinion.

When the CFTC was raising the min requirements they were really trying to get rid of all the shady and under capitalised brokers and make sure the survivors were properly capitalised. They aggressively went after any of them that were under the new minimums. Now that that witch hunt is over I doubt they will be as aggressive against any of them that go slightly under the minimums, probably a warning or put on a watch list or something like that.

Again, that's just my opinion, might not be worth much.

Peter

'Night Pete, I'm about to go out too.

Was totally premature in cutting that trade, so it seems. Could have had a nice 20 pip run there to gobble up those past 4 losers.

Live and learn.

Hmmm... out of E/J for +3.5, just not ready for a short yet.

In on A/U short @ 1.0681 s/l 1.0707

strong t/l on gbp

Attachments

• 2012-02-16_1102.png
    2012-02-16_1102.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 114