Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

thanks but will you be saying that after we have abad run

yes, I will :D Took me years to realise I was into assumption and not prediction and with that hurdle crossed concentration on the biggy of trade/money management followed. The only possible quarrel I've got is your "all in, scale out" approach which is a decent enough comfort blanket but not the best approach to maximise gains. imo, of course!!

jon

oh, heaven to betsy - you two are getting me looking at forex again - begone you tempters of the weak :)

what I like about you two is that you both trade on assumption - flashy with his "anticipation" rather more so than wacky - and it's a joy to behold. keep it up, guys.

jon

You should have seen Flash doing the Happy Dance on his trading desk after his 112+ pip win yesterday :cheesy:

Peter

yes, I will :D Took me years to realise I was into assumption and not prediction and with that hurdle crossed concentration on the biggy of trade/money management followed. The only possible quarrel I've got is your "all in, scale out" approach which is a decent enough comfort blanket but not the best approach to maximise gains. imo, of course!!

jon

I think I mentioned this on another thread. When I trade ES it's all in/all out. My trading history shows a terrible record of scaling out in that market, but I fare much better doing it in forex. Just quirks of the markets as related to my trading style.

Peter

line failed

Attachments

• 2011-12-01_1320.png
    2011-12-01_1320.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 168
Flash this is going back a bit, but on the last live call thread you were experimenting on a system, think it was called "old ma's" or something like that. What happened with that? Did it stop working or are you still using it?

Flash this is going back a bit, but on the last live call thread you were experimenting on a system, think it was called "old ma's" or something like that. What happened with that? Did it stop working or are you still using it?
I still look at its principles, but I traded it live for 3 months and the returns were about 200 pips profit. It is a lot slower than I wanted and the drawdown was 150 pips,it took away some of the stress of trading, but didnt produce enough and drawdown to high for me. Its whole idea was to be virtually thoughtless. It was thoughtless and easy to understand, but nothing beats hard work and trying to understand the markets.

im out of eur/usd and eur/jpy trades,but have options that i averaged in incase of such things as spikes like in both pairs. The options are quite a way off yet but another 30 or so pips will mean i have the options at b/e if its before about 5pm,any more and ill be ahead.As things stand im down on the day

same chart i traded of yesterday,if line breaks options may begin to look good,not tempted to short the break

Attachments

• 2011-12-01_1320.png
    2011-12-01_1320.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 146
sold from line with a 10 pip stop,then moved stop down straight away and took 1/2 off.If it goes back up may spike through again.Good r/r,whats to say it wont fall 100 points from here