Live free or die!

snowman

Newbie
1 0
I love the stock market; I can’t help it and have always wanted to trade for a living!

Several years ago I travelled to the states on holiday and upon my return put my U.S. change in an old glass jar, recently I was counting my pennies and among the euros and Stirling I found a quarter from New Hampshire with the motto "Live free or die";

In true Todd Grimshaw style I came out as a closet day trader wannabe, then I gave up my job (I am 32) and have 27K in the bank, I want to take the time to learn to trade full time, I really want to day trade as I love the rush, I have traded options and made a killing, then through greed lost the same amount, I have read hundreds of books and feel that after learning the hard way about losing money I have developed the right physiology to do it for real!

There are hundreds of books, courses, CD's, seminars etc... All promising the narrow path to riches.

I understand that most of you have probably learnt the hard way and everyone’s trading style is different, but I want to make this work, to live free, hence time is precious and i want to start trading with the right tools from day one.

What can you suggest?
 

nefariousbaffler

Member
58 0
Don't give up your day job. Hard to make it with such pressure to earn money in order to support yourself. That's probably the #1 piece of advice that I have come across in my research.
 

STE1

Junior member
20 0
if you're doing it right trading should be relatively boring - the rush should come away from your screen when you appreciate your freedom. if you get excited by making and losing money you will fail.

of couse, sometimes, as with any job it will be exciting because there is a major political/economic event you are trading through but otherwise it should be dull - that way your judgement is not impaired by the adrenalin-rush fight/flight response.

Ste1
 

Glenn

Experienced member
1,040 118
STE1 said:
if you're doing it right trading should be relatively boring - the rush should come away from your screen when you appreciate your freedom. if you get excited by making and losing money you will fail.

Ste1

Couldn't agree more !
"IF you can keep your head while all about are losing theirs...." etc.

And if you have an ego (e.g. there is a lot of use of the word "I" in your post snowman), then you will need to learn to suppress it imho. Pride comes before a fall.

Glenn
 

Salty Gibbon

Experienced member
1,535 6
Hi Snowman

I sincerely hope you don't screw up as badly as Todd Grimshaw
 

Gordon Gekko

Member
68 4
snowman said:
I love the stock market; I can’t help it and have always wanted to trade for a living!

Several years ago I travelled to the states on holiday and upon my return put my U.S. change in an old glass jar, recently I was counting my pennies and among the euros and Stirling I found a quarter from New Hampshire with the motto "Live free or die";

In true Todd Grimshaw style I came out as a closet day trader wannabe, then I gave up my job (I am 32) and have 27K in the bank, I want to take the time to learn to trade full time, I really want to day trade as I love the rush, I have traded options and made a killing, then through greed lost the same amount, I have read hundreds of books and feel that after learning the hard way about losing money I have developed the right physiology to do it for real!

There are hundreds of books, courses, CD's, seminars etc... All promising the narrow path to riches.

I understand that most of you have probably learnt the hard way and everyone’s trading style is different, but I want to make this work, to live free, hence time is precious and i want to start trading with the right tools from day one.

What can you suggest?


Yee Hah!

Roll 'em dice cowboy!

He who dares wins!!
 

Salty Gibbon

Experienced member
1,535 6
I have read hundreds of books and feel that after learning the hard way about losing money I have developed the right physiology to do it for real!

Do you actually mean pyschology ? I am not sure what the right physiology for trading would be. Better check with my doctor I guess.
 

neil

Legendary member
5,167 749
oops

Salty Gibbon said:
Do you actually mean pyschology ? I am not sure what the right physiology for trading would be. Better check with my doctor I guess.

At first glance I thought the title read " Live free or DIET." :D
 

zow

Active member
136 0
Salty Gibbon said:
Do you actually mean pyschology ? I am not sure what the right physiology for trading would be. Better check with my doctor I guess.


Probably does mean psychology.... but physiology is also important. Can't trade when you're feeling like s**t. (Well I can't anyway). So important to look after your physical as well as mental health. :D
 

Salty Gibbon

Experienced member
1,535 6
The mark of a good trader is one who can trade under any conditions, including when he is feeling like dung.

IMHO of course
 

neil

Legendary member
5,167 749
Must buy some spectacles. At first glance I thought the title read "Live free or diet " :eek:
 

Texas_Hedge

Well-known member
382 5
zow said:
Probably does mean psychology.... but physiology is also important. Can't trade when you're feeling like s**t. (Well I can't anyway). So important to look after your physical as well as mental health. :D


What's salt got to do with trading physiology
 

commanderco

Well-known member
363 7
snowman said:
i want to start trading with the right tools from day one.
What can you suggest?

Once you have found the right tools from day one I would suggest you give up the notion of trading and write a book instead.
I would call it "The right Tools from day one"

You will make a fortune by selling it to people who want the right tools from day one.
Trust me on this because I am most serious about this.
Also you could join the speaking & boot camp circuit and call it "the new new thing"
 
 
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock