Places to go before you die

wasp

Legendary member
Just watched something on the news about the 100 shops to visit before you die. Can't say shopping is my thing and I can live without visiting any of them but as an aside from trading, or from this quiet cable market today...

Whats your top 3 places you'd recommend to go before you die.....?

Personally........

1) Machu Picchu - Peru
2) Kathmandu - Nepal
3) South Island - New Zealand

These were the best places I have even visited, all different, amazing, stunning, beautiful and fascinating in their own way.

any other recommendations...

"Whats your top 3 places you'd recommend to go before you die.....?"

The doctor, pharmacist and hospital?

Jack o'Clubs said:
"Whats your top 3 places you'd recommend to go before you die.....?"

The doctor, pharmacist and hospital?

Missed out the bar Jack!

Paris....

Attachments

• parishilton1237uc.jpg
    parishilton1237uc.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 8,418
Jordan... :) (not my type by the way - I have a silicon allergy)

EDIT: excellent choice dbp; and the option gets more realistic by the year. A test-model for an inflatable hotel was launched recently. And for a mere $100M, the Russians can send you around the Moon. (Space Adventures)

Attachments

• jordan.jpg
    jordan.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,013
Last edited:
Santa Barbara...

Attachments

• santabarbara.gif
    santabarbara.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 871
Stuck In The Matrix- send More Cash......

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,775
  • ttt.JPG
    ttt.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 375
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 334
1. Inside the vault at Fort Knox
2. Outside the vault at Fort Knox
3. A distant island with a smelter

Only valid comments are those from present and past experience, everything else is pure speculation.

rols said:
Paris....

Strewth. Any excuse.. :LOL:

For some reason, reminds me of an RTE radio phone in with Jerry Ryan though. Callers were asked to phone in to describe their ideal funeral....

One guy phoned up and said "I'd like to be buried Jerry" to which Jerry Ryan replied "Ah. And where would you like to be buried?". The caller promptly replied "up to the ***** in BB Baskin".

wasp said:
Just watched something on the news about the 100 shops to visit before you die. Can't say shopping is my thing and I can live without visiting any of them but as an aside from trading, or from this quiet cable market today...

Whats your top 3 places you'd recommend to go before you die.....?

Personally........

1) Machu Picchu - Peru
2) Kathmandu - Nepal
3) South Island - New Zealand

These were the best places I have even visited, all different, amazing, stunning, beautiful and fascinating in their own way.

any other recommendations...

In no particular order...

1) Meerufenfushi, Maldives (or any of the sub-400 accomodation islands)
2) The Whitsunday Islands, Australia
3) Cape of Good Hope, South Africa

My List

Northern Italian Dolomites climbing
Underwater around Zubair, Yemen
Florida sunset at 14,000ft under canopy
Knysna coastline on foot
Skeleton Coast by 4*4
Atlas Mountains on trail bike

well, to do or to drop out even further at some point or a return to basics..... India working away eating through villages learning to cook great food and being blown away by it....... (hopefully not physically though)

simple ..... well you know the likes of rick stein, gary rhodes passionate about food n cooking , (full of taste full of flavour, just look at that what more could you want?) I hear ya guys , so India must be done to fulfil my own selfish pursuit of it all but I have a feeling I wouldnt come back from it........ :)

Shabash.

I'll be spinnin some Bangra beats tonight......... oh yeaaah.....

alfies pie & mash shop
the bricklayers arms
and either the golden dragon, or the katmandoo village (actually, theres a turkish chop house in stoke newington that may get a look in as well)

i set very high standards :cool: