Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Still waiting for my cover price from earlier this week, It will come

I would be surprised to hit it early in the day as this would be too obvious and give the game away it would be better to get close and hit on a spike

dc2000 said:
Still waiting for my cover price from earlier this week, It will come

I would be surprised to hit it early in the day as this would be too obvious and give the game away it would be better to get close and hit on a spike

Is this the 8125?

Yes, there are actually 2 prices 8129 and 8110 but not bothered about the odd few pips

my my clean reversal. This is cable related as all cable pairs seem to have turned sharply. Someone has heard something.... wonder what....

just found out what. Was not expecting any news!

Sales volumes at U.K. retailers rose again in June as soccer World Cup fever continued to have a positive effect, according to a survey by the Confederation of British Industry Wednesday.
In its monthly distributive trades survey, the CBI said a balance of +9 of retailers reported higher sales in June, the same level as in May.
This was a touch lower than the +11 reading expected by a group of analysts surveyed by Dow Jones Newswires.
The CBI said that purchases related to the World Cup in Germany, such as supermarket food and electrical goods like TVs, were still boosting consumer spending.
It's the third month in a row that the CBI survey balance has been positive, suggesting the U.K. economy is on a steady path of recovery after a slowdown last year.
But the data is unlikely to impact the Bank of England Monetary Policy Committee's thinking dramatically, with the committee still widely expected to keep rates on hold at 4.5% next month.
The CBI said that it had doubts the spending recovery would continue after the soccer tournament finishes next month.
"Consumers' purchases linked to the World Cup have lifted sales for some sectors," said John Longworth, executive director of Asda and chairman of the CBI's Distributive Trades Panel. "But not all sectors have benefited and the recent pick-up may prove to be short-lived once the England team returns home - let's hope not too soon."
The CBI said that the three-month trend for June was +7, the first-time the three-month growth rate has been positive since February 2005.

coolTrader said:
just found out what. Was not expecting any news!

Sales volumes at U.K. retailers rose again in June as soccer World Cup fever continued to have a positive effect, according to a survey by the Confederation of British Industry Wednesday.
In its monthly distributive trades survey, the CBI said a balance of +9 of retailers reported higher sales in June, the same level as in May.
This was a touch lower than the +11 reading expected by a group of analysts surveyed by Dow Jones Newswires.
The CBI said that purchases related to the World Cup in Germany, such as supermarket food and electrical goods like TVs, were still boosting consumer spending.
It's the third month in a row that the CBI survey balance has been positive, suggesting the U.K. economy is on a steady path of recovery after a slowdown last year.
But the data is unlikely to impact the Bank of England Monetary Policy Committee's thinking dramatically, with the committee still widely expected to keep rates on hold at 4.5% next month.
The CBI said that it had doubts the spending recovery would continue after the soccer tournament finishes next month.
"Consumers' purchases linked to the World Cup have lifted sales for some sectors," said John Longworth, executive director of Asda and chairman of the CBI's Distributive Trades Panel. "But not all sectors have benefited and the recent pick-up may prove to be short-lived once the England team returns home - let's hope not too soon."
The CBI said that the three-month trend for June was +7, the first-time the three-month growth rate has been positive since February 2005.
And you think all that had somethign to do with this morning's price action?

If you're looking at 8222 and 8190 as established between the 06:00 - 07:00 central value period, you'd not be in the least surprised at the action around these levels.

Or indeed, perhpas later around the 8229 and 8261 levels.

TheBramble said:
And you think all that had somethign to do with this morning's price action?

If you're looking at 8222 and 8190 as established between the 06:00 - 07:00 central value period, you'd not be in the least surprised at the action around these levels.

Or indeed, perhpas later around the 8229 and 8261 levels.

Well it depends on if you are looking at all the cable pairs and see them react in the same way then technicals out of the way the low was 59/62. So make of it what you will. It does not matter what Ithink. I don't think I just follow the charts :)

Last edited:
Hi guys!

Hope you all have been doing well. Wasn't around yesterday, or rather, was too zonked out from the first day of our "refresher" course. It consists of clearing out logjams/flotsam and jetsam out of 2 narrow gorges (we had to rappel in) that threatens to turn into a mud avalanche if we get a wet summer. Came home, had a cold beer and nodded off. Woke up again just in time to see Zidane score the 3rd goal against Spain.

Currently short at 72 (it's the same old short from Monday), just closed off a protective long from up there at 8240 (-73 pips, albeit at £2/pip, whereas the short is at £9/pip).

Does anybody think that all the Brits buying euros to go the the world cup is effecting the the GBP/EUR rate?

zftrader said:
Does anybody think that all the Brits buying euros to go the the world cup is effecting the the GBP/EUR rate?

Nope, that's hardly a drop in the ocean compared to hedging needs (read exporting/importing companies) and speculative needs. I mean, do we have hard figures, and if so, do they range somewhere in the billion-euro range? Hardly think so :rolleyes:

Good morning everyone. It should be pretty rangebound today and probably deathly quiet this afternoon, so bought this dip, trying to scalp a few points

good morning. gone short ,long, short again all good.. I am watchful of the longs as it may break down. morning low 58/61 but.. will wacth other pairs for direction as well and maybe trade others too. Happy trading

Here's some UK news that I didn't even know was coming out... it wasn't listed on forexfactory... this means the reverse could happen today depending on the US interest rate figs later I suppose... UK economy steady with low inflation... consumer lending highest since July 04 (hike for us imminent in UK ?)

Attachments

• 290606 news.JPG
    290606 news.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 139
Priceman said:
Here's some UK news that I didn't even know was coming out... it wasn't listed on forexfactory... this means the reverse could happen today depending on the US interest rate figs later I suppose... UK economy steady with low inflation... consumer lending highest since July 04 (hike for us imminent in UK ?)

A thread about trading the news:

http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/showthread.php?t=16749&page=22