Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Marmoset! I don't think you're on the thread any more, but you were really on a roll with the posts and the profits there! I've been lurking a few days, am back after the family celebrations, posting to get myself back into trading. If I'd made the two trades my system indicated this morning, I'd have got in long both times, at 0802 for 12 net points, and 0808 for 17 net points (on cmc). That would have been lovely. I'm trying to think of my new mantra, "don't think about making money, think about trading the system", but not so far.......

Well, back from half-nap. Rules for today were: no hedging, play it straight. phew!, glad the R1 in euro held.

Painful lesson learned: if the only news around is bullish for euro, better go with the flow instead of stubbornly stay short.

oops, clicked mouse too fast: minor short again at 09, should have been 10 or better...

And clicked mouse again too fast (timing off a bit): out of minor short 09 at 97: +12
out of major short 06 at 97: +9
12+9: +21 +42 = +63
Major short again at 90 (hmm, sounds familiar this spot ;))

if things go to plan I would expect a 152 before US open, a 215 after the US open and a bounce off 125 later today

hmm, euro bouncing off middle Bollinger, also 2 pieces of euro-bullish news out on the Reuters wire: BIS say US inflows (read TIC) may not be enough to cover debt cost (read (trade) deficit). Also euro-zone inflation is seen as above ECB target zone, suggesting another reason for upping the euro rate.

dc2000 said:
if things go to plan I would expect a 152 before US open, a 215 after the US open and a bounce off 125 later today

Your word in the market god's ear!

Right now they're digesting the news of the BIS annual report (meeting was held in Basle 24-26th), pretty dollar bearish. Basically it says, "George, clean house!" and "rates must rise if inflation is to be kept in check and global growth on track".

jonnyy40 said:
Are you going to go full time,marmoset?

Today, yes. Rest of the week I'm in a refresher course, rescue pioneer (civil equivalent of the draught), I'll only be trading mid- to late NY and early Tokyo.

Next week fulltime too, sacrificing a week of holidays (well, sacrifice, survival course "Hunting and gathering Stone Age style" fell through, instructor is on Borneo setting up a jungle hospital for the natives) to see if I have the grit to trade fulltime.

Asian overnight range breakout

Euro 5 minute chart.

Welcome breakout of narrow range overnight Asian market. Not many like this of late :D

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 150
neil said:
Euro 5 minute chart.

Welcome breakout of narrow range overnight Asian market. Not many like this of late :D

Hi Neil,

Whoever traded the Tokyo b/o to the top is now a happy camper :) I didn't, but I can't complain, got a nice wad out of the wiggles and squiggles all the same.

Now I'm waiting for cable to finally break through 8185, third time is ship's right *keeping fingers crossed*

What worries me most at the moment is the upward triangle on the euro and the constant retesting of R1. If that breaks, I'm in a world of pain :(

My uncanny knack to go short at the bottom of the range will do me in one of these days...

Come on, down! I want to get rid of the minor short to limit my exposure.

Figures due in 8 minutes: expected: 1.15mio, better than expected: >1.15mio, go short, worse than expected: <1.15mio, go long.