Best Thread Live Cable Trading

1.234mio, closed out old shorts (minor at 88 +7, major at 84 +6: +13, went long at 83, closed out at 81 -2 (filter settings on Reuters feed wrong, didn't see fig appearing, short again at 82, out at b/e...

Whew!

Tally up, then I'm off, need a break to clear my head and get the adrenalin back to acceptable levels.

+13-2: +11 (+63 = +74)

edit: can't seem to count anymore :p

So far so hoopy (that's a Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy ref., in case you might enquire), looks like I know where my towel is :cheesy:

Attached, to prove I kid you not, settled trades for today (Tokyo's in there too). Note, amounts are in Swissie, even though they're marked $.

Right, looks like we're in for more range trading, now that the New Home Sales fig is out of the way. It may even grind back up on the euro rate hike expectation (battling the $ rate hike on Thursday)... Yeah, probably same old, same old: sideways.

Right, off to the shop, get some fizzy mineral water, it's sweltering hot in my place.

See ya in a bit!

Attachments

• statement.GIF
    statement.GIF
    35.8 KB · Views: 165
Here I'm sitting, smoking a cig, thinking, hmm, might as well go short for a Tokyo b/o, short at 81, out at 74: +6

+80

Right, cig done, shopways is my ways.

Me thinks you will need to spend some of that hard earned on some tranquillizers for next weeks full time trading

Very impressed but agree with DC, far too much hard work and stress levels for my liking!

chrisw said:
Very impressed but agree with DC, far too much hard work and stress levels for my liking!

Not really, my job's worse. I actually need some (healthy) stress to keep me focused. My job's stresslevels are unhealthy to the extreme.

Anyways, before I went for some bubbly water and beer (tonight Swissyland-Ukrania), I popped in a short at 76, limit at 66: nice :cheesy: +10 --> +90

Currently short at 72, aiming for 66

dc2000 said:
Me thinks you will need to spend some of that hard earned on some tranquillizers for next weeks full time trading

Nah! I'll get plenty tranqs when they finally put me in that padded cell :p

Hmm, euro grinding up, looking to get out of my short 72 with minimal damage...

Stress relief

Firstly may I say that I do not wish to offend here as the attachment isn't really PC...

Secondly nothing to do with trading but it makes me happy in my trading day...

Certainly helps my stress levels aswell !!

Enjoy

Attachments

• stress relief.jpg
    stress relief.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 298
dc2000 said:
Now who at this level 240 would put their money on it reaching 125 later??

DC, never underestimate Tokyo ;)

I wouldn't be too astonished when there's a 110 pip downhill, anticipating a bigger than expected Fed hike. But unfortunately we're a day too far away...

Im looking to Tokyo to bring home the bacon

Already looking to position myself for a 50 basis point rise as Im sure others are

Right, Switzerland is out (lost during penalties) :cry:

Back to trading cable, no more distractions :p

Morning all. Had the misfortune to watch Marmoset's boys in the world cup last night. Dreadful game. Anyway short at 40 looking for another move below the figure. Good luck everyone

Whats luck gota do gota do with it
Whats luck but a sweet old fasioned notion
Etc etc

Sung in best Tina Turner style karaoke voice

Morning all

I have found it difficult to trade to day
I had to go out this morning for a while ,
and missed the run up
just going to wait for the us open ,
and see if I can make a few ££££££

Quiet on here chaps...

Are we all really interested in the farce of the world cup (I am a huge footy fan and have been bitterly dissapointed with the reffing decisions and cheating divers !) or just waiting for the big news movements of the week ?

I am currently short on cable on a longer timeframe but the news could kill me off.

Small long here, it might start to get very quiet ahead of the FOMC but a fancy that we will retrace this morning's move as it did yesterday. I would be surprised if we attack the downside ahead of the Fed announcement