Best Thread Live Cable Trading

marmoset said:
Education isn't everything, remember, brains can be hired :cheesy:

Knowing when to pull the ripcord, a steady hand and keen eye and knowing how to deconstruct complex situations are qualities any trader needs, otoh. All the brains in the world don't help you in knowing when to pull the trigger or when to bail or have the discipline to see it through to the end.

You be safe mate!

Well after a hard days training and planning missed a pot load of pips. Ah well thats life.

Just trawled through a pile of posts here. Appleby if you are as new as you claim don't clog the board use google and search or go to http://www.babypips.com/ and read.

Or are you and jonny shine one and the same? ;)

What's going on here now with this thread !? We're under a thread called Live cable trading chaps so if that's not what you're here to do then there's plenty of other areas to 'learn' if that's what you need (not so sure for some of you) Here we just help each other bag a few pips and talk of what we're thinking ok.

Plenty of places out there to learn the ropes and ask questions, or it's like the others say; do what we did and read read read....

Anyone agree ? Please don't clog it up with useless rubbish and bring the karma down too. We all seem to get on well and it helps us.

Good trading all

Priceman said:
What's going on here now with this thread !? We're under a thread called Live cable trading chaps so if that's not what you're here to do then there's plenty of other areas to 'learn' if that's what you need (not so sure for some of you) Here we just help each other bag a few pips and talk of what we're thinking ok.

Plenty of places out there to learn the ropes and ask questions, or it's like the others say; do what we did and read read read....

Anyone agree ? Please don't clog it up with useless rubbish and bring the karma down too. We all seem to get on well and it helps us.

Good trading all

I agree.

Big Ben brewing there?

Levels:
R3 9226
R2 9045
R1 8941
Pivot 8760
S1 8656
S2 8475
S3 8371

got an entry long at 57limit 84 sl 37

Anyway, off to work

Well, my short with limit at 05 must have been closed out: +21

Quite a bungee jump there :eek:

jonny.shine said:
Seems to me if you are any kind of pro trader then you would not be exposing yourself to unnecessary risk. If you where one of my traders you'd be out the door fast.

Pull yourself together man. Don't go blaming others for your bad practice.

From what I can see your a nervous trader (trading on your nerves) That's scared money.

shine
Another one who joins, minutes later finds 'the right thread' :D , posts, edits and seems amazingly familiar in finding their way around the boards.

Perhaps this is one of the 'ones who also joined today that will be along to assist you soon'? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Unsurprisingly, a very tight central value area today - just 12 pips wide. 8825-8837.

Outside bands at 8793 and 8869.

The lower outside band has already been tested and rebuffed.

Despite yesterday's action I'm still medium term bearish Cable, but it's anyone's guess where today's action will head. Useful, eh?

I'm none too disposed to play the range within the bands today as there's not enough width to justify the risk. Plus with the moves we've been having and can in all probability expect (volatility clusters), why play for pennies?

I'll be looking for definitive moves outside the bands with either momentum or with well defined and well behaved re-tests.

I'll be setting stops a little wider than usual (a) because I think there might be some spoofing and double-spoofing (ad nauseum) and (b) the potential longer run on a break will justify the, for me, higher absolute stop. Naturally, the higher risk (bigger stops) will be reflected in the reduced number of lots I'll take on board. Percentage risk is a constant for me.

Good trading.

Baruch said:
The rules for Big Baruch:

1. Buy/sell the first BO from the Asian range after 6.00 gmt.

2. Buy/sell only if BO is confirmed by euro.

3. Don't buy/sell if major news are coming out later in the morning.

4. Stop 20 pips away or the other part of the range, if this is closer to the point of BO than 20 pips.

I didn't trade BB this morning (see point 3). Instead I traded the news.

Offshore Trader said:
Well that didn't work very well!

Don't take a position just before news are coming out. Unless you - like marmoset - are going against the market sentiment. ;)

tm.appleby said:
Short at 8788 to try and make some pips

tm.appleby said:
They'll all be laughing at you then. I hope they all do remember where they heard it first.

ROLS said it first.

I don't know what your expecting from me?

What about this.

I'V NEVER TRADED, NEVER WILL.

You heard it here first......

:confused:

Second retest of potential Resistance on that lower 8793, but with diminishing energy to the downside.

Looks like a triangle forming. But I am very wary.

There's very little energy (tick pressure) on these test points.

It has broken through the top side of 'my' triangle and is currently showing some sign of continuing support, though quite weak. We need to see what develops around this important lower level of 8793.

A clear break above 8805 may be a signal to go long, but being cautious, I'd wait to see what the next bar brings. As mentioned in a post above, there will potentially be a bit of spoofing today and we don't want to get caught.

Being bearish, I'd be more inclined to play a short on a break below the bottom of the triangle, with suitable re-test or appropriate momentum of course. All the Fib retrace from yesterday's move has been 'used up' so I'm not clear where any downward move might be headed, but if it does make a dash South, we'll need to do some calcs. More coffee me thinks....

This type of price action can potentially create a minefield of fakes and fades.
Beware folks!

tm.appleby said:
Good Morning

Can you please just explain what you did here.

I'll keep pretty quiet the rest of the day, and watch and learn.

Thank You

Big Ben, see page 579, post #5786 (edumacational video there)

I left an entry order to go long at 8857, Tokyo breakout to the top.

Fwiw V levels appearing at 8800, always disconcerting when against the trend.

Last edited:
Baruch said:
I think this thread is under attack. Are they aliens? :eek:

Nah, just trolls out for a flamewar.

As to trading: looking for a breakout. FOMC meeting minutes ahead, start looking for a rather choppy ride at 8pm (CET).

Result for the day: +21 - 20 (L57 got whacked): +1 :LOL: Lucky the short was a double position, so $-wise I'm nicely in the black.