Best Thread Live Cable Trading

coolTrader said:
tm, Can you make your disclaimer slightly bigger and bolder. It's a bit too small ;)

I could but it will serve no useful purpose.

I see cable now and up to and incuding the asian open moving in one of two ways.

1. It will climb back through 8700 and go on to 8725+

2. It will fall south of 8690 - for a further 30 points.

Until Asia then...

Every ways a winner.

+85 on the day (Not bad for an old hand)

Last edited:
Given the Dow’s position at late trading, I suspect the bias is on the upside for cable later., but short lived.

Therefore No.1 (see above last message) May well yield the favourable trade.

tm.appleby said:
I could but it will serve no useful purpose.

I see cable now and up to and incuding the asian open moving in one of two ways.

1. It will climb back through 8700 and go on to 8725+

2. It will fall south of 8690 - for a further 30 points.

Until Asia then...

Every ways a winner.

+85 on the day (Not bad for an old hand)

Thanks for this now that you have come 'out of the closet' it's good that you're opening up to us. How bout you tell us your secret then? What indicators or methods or strategies do you use then my friend?

Priceman said:
Thanks for this now that you have come 'out of the closet' it's good that you're opening up to us. How bout you tell us your secret then? What indicators or methods or strategies do you use then my friend?

You may well recognise my trading style at some point.

But I think, you have not been on here long enough to remember.

tm.appleby said:

So you admit to this being a multi-nick?

Mods, please....

tm.appleby said:
Sorry I will have to go back and rephrase the last message.

TUT My typing.
Don't think you will old son. Not under this nick. Byeeee....

Good call frugesdhilde...

You could have watched your life drain away today. 60pt-ish at best and the whole day to suffer. Not worth it. US stocks were far more entertaining.

(note to scalpers - yeah right, you may well have clocked more than 60 pips cumulative -0 but you suffered....)

Someone asked me how I calc my bands.

Back later. Honest....

As promised.

I have covered this before, but in the onslaught that is 'Live Cable Trading' - a mix of many interweaved trading journals, new ideas, live cable calls and random noise, any one system or method is bound to get lost.

This isn't my system - I didn't 'invent' it - it just works more often than it doesn't. For now.

At the close of the 05:55 bar (the one that closes at 06:00) and the close of the 06:55 bar (the one that closes at 07:00) - take the lowest of the two lows and the highest of the two highs. They are the inner bands. Add 32 to the highest. Subtract 32 from the lowest. They are the outside upper and lower bands.

Trading system?

Don't think so. You still have to do ALL the work.

What they will give you is a basis for trading ranges and breakouts. Caveats, as always, on momentum and defined re-tests of same.

Hardly a Holy Grail. More like Hard Graft. But a basis for consistent success if you read the clues on a minute by minute basis.

Sorry to disappoint. Glad if I've inspired.

TheBramble said:
As promised.

At the close of the 05:55 bar (the one that closes at 06:00) and the close of the 06:55 bar (the one that closes at 07:00) - take the lowest of the two lows and the highest of the two highs. They are the inner bands. Add 32 to the highest. Subtract 32 from the lowest. They are the outside upper and lower bands. Glad if I've inspired.

Thanks TheBramble,

Saved for consideration/evaluation. Just one question: 05.55/06.55, is that BST or GMT?

tm.appleby said:

So the bad and banned boy, Badtrader, is back? :(

PS. No BB this morning, because of rule 3.

Last edited:
Entry short at 8633 T08 (+25) SL53 (-20), entry long at 8708, T43 (+35) SL88 (-20)
Entry long at 8608 T43 (+35) SL 88 (-20), entry short at 8590, T60 (+30) SL8610 (-20) for intraday.

marmoset said:
Thanks TheBramble,

Saved for consideration/evaluation. Just one question: 05.55/06.55, is that BST or GMT?
It's whatever the UK/Europe clocks are currently set to. BST at the mo.

Baruch said:
So the bad and banned boy, Badtrader, is back? :(

PS. No BB this morning, because of rule 3.

Bad decision. I throw rule 3 (don't trade when news are coming out later in the morning) out. :eek: