Best Thread Live Cable Trading

tm.appleby said:
marmoset,

Can you explain what this is. Is it in some code.

S = short
L = long
SL = stoploss
T or LIM = target, limit

Explained long, short, stoploss and limit yesterday, please reread.

FOMC meeting minutes drawing nearer, looks like I need to axe the shorts. Whatever, I'm triggerhappy :devilish: No downside developing, so I'm spiking the upside with short entries, the downside with long entries, at 35 and 50 pips out. Then, when the direction is obvious, go full blast thattaway. :D

tm.appleby said:
I have been reading.

S = Short

Went short this morning and made 60 pips profit.

On paper... :p

In live trading, you decide beforehand at what level of pain or gain you get out. What were yours?

I have deleted a number of off-topic posts, namely ones made by tm.appleby and some replies to him.

tm.appleby - If you have nothing germane to contribute please do not continue to litter the thread with inane and disingenuous comments, or you will be banned from the site. Having read 50 of your posts I have a deep suspicion that you are a troll out to cause trouble and I must warn you this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated.

I would also ask other members not to feed trolls, tempting though it may be. Thanks.

frugi said:
I have deleted a number of off-topic posts, namely ones made by tm.appleby and some replies to him.

tm.appleby - If you have nothing germane to contribute please do not continue to litter the thread with inane and disingenuous comments, or you will be banned from the site. Having read 50 of your posts I have a deep suspicion that you are a troll out to cause trouble and I must warn you this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated.

I would also ask other members not to feed trolls, tempting though it may be. Thanks.

Right you are.

I'll try to keep on topic

marmoset said:
FOMC meeting minutes drawing nearer, looks like I need to axe the shorts. Whatever, I'm triggerhappy :devilish: No downside developing, so I'm spiking the upside with short entries, the downside with long entries, at 35 and 50 pips out. Then, when the direction is obvious, go full blast thattaway. :D

Here is a chatroom for traders wanting to trade the FOMC meeting:

http://www.stockstoshop.com/chatroom.htm

frugi said:

tm.appleby - If you have nothing germane to contribute please do not continue to litter the thread with inane disingenuous garbage, or you will be banned from the site. Having read 50 of your posts I have a deep suspicion that you are a troll out to cause trouble and I must warn you this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated.

Thanks Frugi,

Hope you deleted the complete flamewar of yesterday and today's blah blah. It's bad for concentration.

Baruch said:
Here is a chatroom for traders wanting to trade the FOMC meeting:

http://www.stockstoshop.com/chatroom.htm

Thanks,

But I'll read it afterwards.

Right now, the place is spiked: shorts to the top, longs to the bottom, mini-pyramids in extension direction.

Right, clearing desktop, put all relevant platform windows in place, quickly off to the loo and ready to rock 'n roll. :cheesy:

Closed L34 at 39, +5, total +14, hardly worth the hassle :(

Clearing the minefield, back to watching telly.