Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Here you go ...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 173
Thanks Frugi. Lots of fakes along the way though.

Attachments

• gbp1.JPG
    gbp1.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 126
Any chance of explaining the theory behind that Mr smbtnt for us who as skilled as wot you is.

ta

The vacuum targets. How do you arrive at them?

Also, from the chart you posted are you saying that you think the move is up?

Ta.

smbtnt said:
ok, smaller vacuum target also forming on cable now, around 8870, but still not very clear picture.
Also I cannot get my charts up, IT have decided to pull some java or secuirty stunt so unfortunately i cannot post the image until i get home.

Ascending flat top triangle, breakout either way will result in 250 pip move.

So 8870 is hit and now the vacuum targets are slowly emerging, but the usual order is lacking, this could be either due to anticipated ranging activity or the software which I am using is from www.livecharts.co.uk, its not something I am used to and thus not feeling the action at all as it unfolds.

Losing my patience with this java hiccup!!! :(

Thanks for the info Mr smbtnt. I'm ok with the triangles etc. It was the vacuum stuff. I thought it might have been some obscure TA that I had never heard of.

Ta

The basis of the vacuum theory relies on zones on the charts where there has basically been a major tussle between the bulls and the bears, a bloodbath if you prefer, these are my vacuum zones and genarally do tend to get hit, great for options and binary trading as well directional.
There are specifics which i will not go into now.

Its not something that was taught, it came from just watching intraday activity on multiple instruments and multiple timeframes for 3 years.

But i never ignore obvious TA patterns, eg cups and handles, heads and shoulders etc etc.

Thanks Mr smbtnt. Well I have had a disastrous week won a few pips and given loads back. I've lost a bundle. I suppose this has happened to everybody, but at the moment it feels as though I am the only one. So its back to play money for a bit.

Ta

Just over a year FX, but previous to that about 6 years with shares. I have a pretty good idea where I went wrong this week.

Trying out new indicators thinking they would make me lots.

Being swayed from rubbish written on BB's. Not this one of course.

Ignoring stop-losses.

And what I think was the main cause, not being of the right mindset this week.

Still I will be back.

After all its only money.

smbtnt said:
http://www.stockcharts.com/education/ChartAnalysis/triangle-Ascending.html

the above link will do a better job in explaining ascending triangles and targets. Ofcourse the pattern can breakdown and a new one will unfold.

I am not ready to divulge the mechanics behind the vacuum targets yet, its still being forward tested , the accuracy so far has been 80%+ and with a 20 pip filter its over 90%.

Does this help at all?

*furiously scribbling notes* :cheesy: Aaaaaaaah, the fun of learning