Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Chaps, do any of you trade cable during the Japan session ? I just wondered if it was worth the extra hours trying to get a few more pips out ? BTW what are the Japanese trading hours (in GMT please) ? This will give me a better stance for deciding too.

Have a great weekend guys and good luck for next weeks rollercoaster ride.

Hi Baruch, you mean how's it been testing out ? Well I went away for two weeks but have a few weeks figures...

Attachments

• GBP Hans123.JPG
    GBP Hans123.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 186
Analying the charts (1hr) I think we have now entered a bear channel. I think we will work our way back toward 1.8885 or thereabouts (Monday), and Tuesday we could fall to 1.8625.... but I'm sure the market will makeup it's own mind.

Attachments

• bear.JPG
    bear.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 151
Priceman said:
Hi Baruch, you mean how's it been testing out ? Well I went away for two weeks but have a few weeks figures...

Thank you. It's a little bit bit difficult to read, but I see profits in all 4 weeks. Is that true? :eek:

Baruch said:
Thank you. It's a little bit bit difficult to read, but I see profits in all 4 weeks. Is that true? :eek:
You should be able to zoom in so that it's readable mate... yeh not so many losses in the last few weeks although I may not be 100% correct with the translation of reversals and trailing the stops. Problem is actually trading those times when I have to work ! Can't really leave the screen on with the boss around.

Let me know if you can't zoom and I'll send it to you direct

Been backtesting nearly all weekend...

Priceman said:
YProblem is actually trading those times when I have to work ! Can't really leave the screen on with the boss around.

Hi Priceman,

Same problem here, that's what's causing my droning on about MonkeyBounce.

Those figures you posted look really good, are they done using the Hans123 Trader? (that's BTW the original reason why I started to read this Mother of All Threads :confused:)

As to MonkeyBounce, spent all Saturday (23hours in front of the PC :eek:) backtesting it with 10sec data from Jan 1st up until May 12. Looks like I've hit the jackpot. My observation of bounces off the big figure was right, my switching around the midlevel bounces (see post #6377) was also correct.
It's just that the big figure bounce is most effectively caught 15 pips away, not 8 or 9, with the remaining 7 or 6 (15 being the magic number) off of midlevel, but smack on it. The short spurt idea, originally 35 pips, was a bit too optimistic, reduced it down to 25pips.
But see for yourself :cheesy:

Oh, and as the 2nd week of May proves, nothing works all of the time! So, while it may not be the Holy Grail, it does somehow resemble this here handy tool for solving problems while not being too close up. :cheesy:

Attachments

• MonkeyBounceJackpot.jpg
    MonkeyBounceJackpot.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 156
mtbelly said:
Oil in Euros should bring prices down and $ tumbling Too?!

Cheaper oil reduces inflation and the consumers can take their families out again on weekend trips. Also less probs on airline companies fuel costs.

$ to fall further IMO.

hungrybelly

Hi mtbelly (me hungry too :p)

I was actually driving at the financing of US debt by the $-denomination of oil. There was an article I read a while back, that I can't seem to find anymore.
Here's a good summary of it.
So, IMHO, there's far more to it than just oil price and inflation consequences :eek:

marmoset said:
Hi Priceman,

Same problem here, that's what's causing my droning on about MonkeyBounce.

Those figures you posted look really good, are they done using the Hans123 Trader? (that's BTW the original reason why I started to read this Mother of All Threads :confused:)

As to MonkeyBounce, spent all Saturday (23hours in front of the PC :eek:) backtesting it with 10sec data from Jan 1st up until May 12. Looks like I've hit the jackpot. My observation of bounces off the big figure was right, my switching around the midlevel bounces (see post #6377) was also correct.
It's just that the big figure bounce is most effectively caught 15 pips away, not 8 or 9, with the remaining 7 or 6 (15 being the magic number) off of midlevel, but smack on it. The short spurt idea, originally 35 pips, was a bit too optimistic, reduced it down to 25pips.
But see for yourself :cheesy:

Oh, and as the 2nd week of May proves, nothing works all of the time! So, while it may not be the Holy Grail, it does somehow resemble this here handy tool for solving problems while not being too close up. :cheesy:

Hi again,

can you point me to where you started discussing all this as it's taking me ages to find the beginning of your Monkeybounce threads....

The figures I posted are using Hans yes. Shame the reversals happen to close you out for BE otherwise you could get a lot more. I may even try it taking say 80 pips and not waiting for the 120.

I'll carry on searching through this humungus thread to find where you started.

cheers,

Priceman said:
Hi again,

can you point me to where you started discussing all this as it's taking me ages to find the beginning of your Monkeybounce threads....

The figures I posted are using Hans yes. Shame the reversals happen to close you out for BE otherwise you could get a lot more. I may even try it taking say 80 pips and not waiting for the 120.

I'll carry on searching through this humungus thread to find where you started.

cheers,

Hi,

1st post is on page 574 (bottom, #5740)
general market observations on 582 (#5812) and 589 (#5882)
1st version of the "Method Without a Name": #5918 and 5920 (first set of rules).
1st on-chart backtesting: 5925-5930, next page.
New rules: #6377 on page 638 (plus baptism of MonkeyBounce)
Revised new rules, after thorough backtesting with 10sec data: page 665, near bottom

And since this is page 666, I'll add the mandatory :devilish:

Last edited:
Right, Tokyo's open, back to where it was on Friday on the close.

Levels:
R3: 1.9182
R2: 1.9070
R1: 1.8920
Pivot: 1.8808 I expect to see a short peek (peak?) above it around 1.30-2.00am, then retrace to 1.8750
S1: 1.8659
S2: 1.8550
S3: 1.8400

News ahead:
10am EC Trade balance, expecting looking better for the eur
10.45: Trichet adding his mustard, looks like the eurodolly aficionados are in for a field day.
18.00: some Dallas Fed talking head doing his blabla, sounds minor, good for some chop though
Tuesday:
15.00 Bernanke on da mike :D Of course when I'm off to work :(

MonkeyBounce follow-up: setting up new account with my broker to keep funds separate from discretionary trading, pouring in a grand or two and see what happens.

Overall situation: closed all positions left over from "take no losses" days. Kissed the wad goodbye and no regrets, it was just too much worrying, unduly affecting my concentration. Hedging still in the toolbox, but with stoplosses and limits. No more "I can always trade myself out of a hole" (I can, but the game is not worth the candle) for me. Stick to the straight and narrow. If the trade sucks, hit "eject" and be done with it, concentrate on next opportunity. :|

OK, Tokyo "spike" immediately after weekend did not manifest itself. Now, grind down or grind up?
Likely down, hmm, intermediate support 1 is at 1.8735, S1 at 1.8659 (a bit far for a Monday night with no rate hikes last Friday)... So, entry short at 8755 target 45, entry long at 8735 it is, sl 20, target 65. Cute, happen to be MonkeyBounce levels :D But since it's discretionary time, I'll just take out the limit (still have that peek above pivot in mind) and trail the stoploss.

Last edited:
taken out the L35, this looks like a major move down, already down to +10, sl moved sl to b/e
put in L15, keeping a close eye on it.

Priceman said:
Chaps, do any of you trade cable during the Japan session ? I just wondered if it was worth the extra hours trying to get a few more pips out ? BTW what are the Japanese trading hours (in GMT please) ? This will give me a better stance for deciding too.

Have a great weekend guys and good luck for next weeks rollercoaster ride.

Well Priceman,

I do for a thing, normally not on a Sunday night but Tokyo often clues me in on what'll happen during the Frankfurt open: flat means major moves ahead, standard movement (up spike,grind down, grind up around 1.30 means possible Big Ben).

For a "normal" daytrader the Tokyo session is definitely not worth the trouble, but for an insomniac like me who usually comes home after NY close it''s OK while watching late-night TV.

closed out S55 at +20, clearing MonkeyBounce minefield from 8600 up to 8850, need my sleep.

What's more, got a dental lab appointment at 8.30, just when the London reaction to Frankfurt (usually a ride down, setting the precedent) comes in: either continuation (weeeeee, slipsliding down the Bollis on the 15mins) or Lift off! We have Lift Off! Hate it when I have to miss out on early Ldn or early NY, biggest moves are in there.... :(

Last edited:
Tokyo going all southbound, do we have a repeat of Friday in the cards? (got up for a pee, in case you might wonder)

marmoset said:
Well Priceman,

I do for a thing, normally not on a Sunday night but Tokyo often clues me in on what'll happen during the Frankfurt open: flat means major moves ahead, standard movement (up spike,grind down, grind up around 1.30 means possible Big Ben).

For a "normal" daytrader the Tokyo session is definitely not worth the trouble, but for an insomniac like me who usually comes home after NY close it''s OK while watching late-night TV.

Marmoset, took me ages to work through all your posts last night ! I actually went to bed at 0100 myself but didn't trade anything. shame really as I coulda had quite a few nice pips down hey ! Thanks for the word on this one. Frankfurt is the same as European trading isn't it ? I am in Paris so can see this open. As I'm up at 0700 Paris time I get a good insight and early start too...

Very interesting what you do, seems to give good results too. Fine tweaking means you've got it damn near the grail.

I'll keep everyone up to date with Hans during the week.

Good trading all, I wont be on today at all as I have my annual appraisal at work ! Wish me luck.

marmoset said:
closed out S55 at +20, clearing MonkeyBounce minefield from 8600 up to 8850, need my sleep.

What's more, got a dental lab appointment at 8.30, just when the London reaction to Frankfurt (usually a ride down, setting the precedent) comes in: either continuation (weeeeee, slipsliding down the Bollis on the 15mins) or Lift off! We have Lift Off! Hate it when I have to miss out on early Ldn or early NY, biggest moves are in there.... :(

Nice theory Frankfurt and London fighting each other. PS. 8.30 - is that CET (Frankfurt) time. And what time opens Frankfurt?