Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Jesus, I thought everyone knew that you absolutely must follow the NFP direction. 90% of the time you will bag 100 pips plus.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Jesus, I thought everyone knew that you absolutely must follow the NFP direction. 90% of the time you will bag 100 pips plus.

JonnyT

Me too, one of those no brainers! :D

After closing at 6900 Euro/Gbp has crossed several very long term trend lines
By my calcs these lines were going to converge about mid/ late April
This conversion heralded a BIG move
I cannot stress enough how vital it is to watch Euro/Gbp at the mom
I will not make any recommendations but I am intending to have MAX+ positions next week if events unfold as I envisage

dooby12 said:
do you think cable will continue its downward trend next week?

I don't know, but in December cable went down to 1.1700. It can happen again. :cheesy:

A nervous 35 pips taken. Sterling still looks weak but I will long it again if it drops back to 7230-50 area.

Baruch. What UK news and where are you finding the schedule. I have never been able to find a site for UK news like Briefing.com for the US news.

Ripcord said:
There is no news out today that is big enough to be considered market moving.

I don't agree. PPI has moved cable before, and it can do it again. But it needs to be a suprise comparing to consensus. Lets us see what happens... ;)

Changes in the core PPI are considered a precursor of consumer price inflation. Inflationary pressure is generated when the core PPI posts larger-than-expected gains

Ripcord said:
Yes but it is not considered a significant number in terms of market movement, by anyone!

All fundamental news are important. It's the fundamentals which rule the markets... :cheesy:

Generally speaking I agree with you Baruch. However there are so many chart players in this game that on a day to day basis I think it is dangerous to ignore them.