Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Uphios said:
Well this has all gone rather dull. 2 hours without a position. I am of out to enjoy the sunshine and a little light gardening for an hour or two. Good luck.

Boring mondays... :(

When there are no news, very little happens.

OK short 7283. A little premature maybe but I have to do something. Nice sunny day outside but cold breeze.

Warning!! This is a "boredom" trade SHORT 1 lot 7273 dont have a target and have a 25 pip stop.

GBP/USD
Long term - down trend
Neutral
Resistance: 1.7390, 1.7490, 1.7590, 1.7600, 1.7710
Support: 1.7230, 1.7050

Familiar ?-------5 Minute Cable Chart

Looks familiar to a pattern seen in last few days ?
Perhaps things will hot up after US open ? Any reports due out?

Attachments

• monday27.JPG
    monday27.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 151
past few days have been dire !!
three of them, including today, are very narrow range, and no real trend.
Friday was a stonker, of which I was only an observer. (hangover carried over from Thurs night)

only real trends are on 5-min charts, and since I use SB, are not worth it due to the spread.
no real action on 15,30 or 60 mins.

where has the volatility gone ?

trendie said:
past few days have been dire !!
three of them, including today, are very narrow range, and no real trend.
Friday was a stonker, of which I was only an observer. (hangover carried over from Thurs night)

only real trends are on 5-min charts, and since I use SB, are not worth it due to the spread.
no real action on 15,30 or 60 mins.

where has the volatility gone ?

I miss the old(ish) days of a few years back when 100 pip ranges were 'boring' and 'tight' :cheesy:

Hmmm. So much for weak sterling. Should have stuck with my origional feeling for a bounce.

Yes, I think that has had some effect. They are muttering about re-allocating 10% of their dollar holding which looks to be about 2.5b$ to be relocated. I suspect there also a knock on effect with other middle east countries. To be fair I don't blame them. US suddenly worried about foreigners running the ports but it wasn't a problem when those foreigners were UK's P&O. Must leave a nasty taste.

Uphios said:
Yes, I think that has had some effect. They are muttering about re-allocating 10% of their dollar holding which looks to be about 2.5b$ to be relocated. I suspect there also a knock on effect with other middle east countries. To be fair I don't blame them. US suddenly worried about foreigners running the ports but it wasn't a problem when those foreigners were UK's P&O. Must leave a nasty taste.

Well, I suppose P&O are not fundamental muslims? I understand very well that the Americans don't want people with connection to the terrorist camp to take over their ports. Well, Bush didn't care, but he's a little bit stupid, I suppose.

PS. Another reason: Cable was oversold, and tomorrow we get US Current Account.

I think the UK has made a reasonable effort to put it's fair share of fundamental muslims. Besides, I'm not sure what is the worst case, them or the gun ho red necks.

Yes, Current Account should be good for laugh. Of course should the treasury not get approval this week to spend even more money they don't have that should make things interesting.

I seen a comment on here saying.
You could try trading the CME currency future, normally 1 pip spread

Baruch
yes, but then you have to pay commission.

I trade CME Futures and always look to buy the bid to go long, and nearly always I get a fill, I am not paying any spread.0 spread, Yes you got to pay commission but it works out just half a tick spread. and you can trade on news where you will find a lot of re-quote trading the Spot price. I tend to (day trade) using futures but trade positions with IGindex.

Nice thread.

Uphios said:
I think the UK has made a reasonable effort to put it's fair share of fundamental muslims. Besides, I'm not sure what is the worst case, them or the gun ho red necks.

Yes, Current Account should be good for laugh. Of course should the treasury not get approval this week to spend even more money they don't have that should make things interesting.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/manifesto

GBP/USD
Long term - down trend from 16 December 2004 with second main Resistance at 1.7720
Medium term - up trend from 28 November 2005 with first main Support at 1.7230
Buying (Short term positions)
Resistance: 1.7390, 1.7490, 1.7590, 1.7600, 1.7710
Support: 1.7230, 1.7050

Baruch said:

Where are the petitions where we deplore the use of sanctions (including medical) that resulted in the deaths of 500,000 iraqis.

Where are the petitions where we deplore the use of depleted uranium shells resulting in massive genetic defects in areas of iraq.

While totalitarianism is to be deplored, we have to be careful we are not being manipulated to support the totalitarianism of another kind. capitalism, if it is regarded as the "only" option, is a form of "ism" of itself. Soon, we will be taught christian fundamentalism in schools in the form of "creationism". Bush, and now Blair, are going down the route of "God told me to do this".

This is one of the longest running threads around, and each day we learn new trading ideas, and pass on knowledge to each other, which makes this such a popular and enjoyable thread.

There are other threads on this board to spout right-wing clap-trap, so can we please keep such garbage off this thread ?

This will be the only post from me on the above subject. All future posts from me will relate to TRADING THE CABLE.

trendie said:
Where are the petitions where we deplore the use of sanctions (including medical) that resulted in the deaths of 500,000 iraqis.

Where are the petitions where we deplore the use of depleted uranium shells resulting in massive genetic defects in areas of iraq.

While totalitarianism is to be deplored, we have to be careful we are not being manipulated to support the totalitarianism of another kind. capitalism, if it is regarded as the "only" option, is a form of "ism" of itself. Soon, we will be taught christian fundamentalism in schools in the form of "creationism". Bush, and now Blair, are going down the route of "God told me to do this".

This is one of the longest running threads around, and each day we learn new trading ideas, and pass on knowledge to each other, which makes this such a popular and enjoyable thread.

There are other threads on this board to spout right-wing clap-trap, so can we please keep such garbage off this thread ?

This will be the only post from me on the above subject. All future posts from me will relate to TRADING THE CABLE.

Trendie,

Are you crazy or just stupid? How can you call people like Salman Rushie and Ayaan Hirsi Ali right-wings? The war against terror and totalitarism has something with trading the cable to do, as we saw yesterday when the news from UAE send the dollar down and cable (and euro) up. And I can assure you, that the coming attack against Iran and their fascist government will also have a big impact on the forex market.