Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Baruch said:
The Big Baruch trains runs without problems today... :cheesy:

so did Big Ben and Nifty Neil.

I have been re-reading Newtron Bombs asian-range B/O ideas.
Apart from the obvious b/o strategy, and the "wait for the pull-back" bit, there are some additional filters that may be useful to know.

The trades are based on the fact that the average daily range is over a hundred or so.
The b/o is preferable when the asian range has been narrow, ( obviously )

So, if the average daily range is 120 (for the purposes of the example), and asian range was 30, you enter and expect a good return, around 80-90 pips.
if the asian range was broader, say, 70, or so, the potential profit would be less.
( of course, that day could end up being a 200-pipper !! )

even better if the asian range occurred at the top or bottom of the previous days action.
( gives a better hint of direction and validity of breakout )

these little additions to analysis helps to quantify a potentially good day from others.
worth knowing if you trade the B/Os.

trendie said:
so did Big Ben and Nifty Neil.

I have been re-reading Newtron Bombs asian-range B/O ideas.
Apart from the obvious b/o strategy, and the "wait for the pull-back" bit, there are some additional filters that may be useful to know.

The trades are based on the fact that the average daily range is over a hundred or so.
The b/o is preferable when the asian range has been narrow, ( obviously )

So, if the average daily range is 120 (for the purposes of the example), and asian range was 30, you enter and expect a good return, around 80-90 pips.
if the asian range was broader, say, 70, or so, the potential profit would be less.
( of course, that day could end up being a 200-pipper !! )

even better if the asian range occurred at the top or bottom of the previous days action.
( gives a better hint of direction and validity of breakout )

these little additions to analysis helps to quantify a potentially good day from others.
worth knowing if you trade the B/Os.

Good work Trendie..Im firmly of the opinion that B/O's can be a very good strat..if combined with strict entry/exit criteria and a couple of decent filters.

zuke said:
Kinda..Ive extended the range to 7-10 now and look for confirmation at supp/res/fib levels. My main strat is still Vegas tunnel though.

Does this mean you only trade after 10 or what? Or do you do trade the first breakout between 7-10? And why not start one hour earlier? ;)

wow! quite a drop, it caught me with a small long, wonder whether to close it now, add to it or do nothing

Last edited:
The drop was to be expected, given that NFP was so far ahead of consensus..the improtant thing is which way will it go now? Im favouring a move back up.

Given the trendline break ....I don't see any move back up anytime soon ....all timeframes are in line on the big picture .....have a good one

C V

counter_violent said:
Given the trendline break ....I don't see any move back up anytime soon ....all timeframes are in line on the big picture .....have a good one

C V
True..time to follw the trend.

Hmmm. Well having exited yesterday on a weak looking pound I am back in long at 1.7255. I can see what you say about the charts but I think the dollar is fundementaly overvalued and the dollar longs are just hoping for a 0.5% interest rate rise at the end of the month. I think they will be disappointed. I guess I just find it difficult to back a currency that is running on it's pension fund.

mark twain uk said:
wow! quite a drop, it caught me with a small long, wonder whether to close it now, add to it or do nothing

Always close all positions before NFP (unless your girlfriend works in Department of Labor :cheesy: ).

baruch,

I agree with you, there should only be a 50%-50% chance of the trade going against you, but somehow the balance is tilted towards the losing side : :rolleyes:

Euro/Gbp banging up against some very long term trend lines at 6890
Bit eary to say (and its friday) but if similar occurs with a break at 6900 on monday its goodnight cable

Yup, no love for sterling at the moment. Interesting that the Cad is actually stronger against the dollar since NFP. Not sure why sterling is so weak, I guess it is because interest rates are at the high end and there is a constant worry they will lower rates.

Snow sees NFP continuing at around 200k. This appears to be said as if it were good news but as I understand it they need 240K just to keep up with population increase??

Back to even on my long, which is good cos I need the money :) Nearly stopped out, it hit my number but by the time I got the order screen up it was gone.

Cable 5 minute chart

neil said:
Better than yesterdays chart - whipped me twice out of trades so I stayed out.

Update showing drift downwards and expected big move on NFP figures.

Attachments

• monday27.JPG
    monday27.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 153