Best Thread Live Cable Trading

badtrader said:
To watch tomorrow

11/23/2005 4:30:00 AM... UK (1) BoE minutes released
11/23/2005 8:30:00 AM ...CAN (1) Oct Leading Indicators
11/23/2005 8:30:00 AM ....US (1) Weekly Initial Jobless Claims
11/23/2005 6:50:00 PM... JPN (1) Oct Trade Balance

Eastern Standard Time

Yes, but you don't trade the news, BT? Also remember Michigan Confidence 14.45 gmt.

PS. Are you now living on Virgin Islands, BT?

Livermore said:
Yes, but you don't trade the news, BT? Also remember Michigan Confidence 14.45 gmt.

PS. Are you now living on Virgin Islands, BT?

"PS. Are you now living on Virgin Islands, BT?" LOL. I noticed that as well. Where was it before, some French colony wasn't it ?

One interesting stat from last week was the foreign investment in securities figures that showed a reduction in the amount banks and large institutions invested in the US fell from 27% to 12%. Its predominantly smaller investors. Bit of contrary opinion???

Kaffee said:
"PS. Are you now living on Virgin Islands, BT?" LOL. I noticed that as well. Where was it before, some French colony wasn't it ?

No, the islands were Danish. We sold them to US in 1916. :eek:

Kaffee said:

I suppose Badtrader has bought a big beachhouse on Virgin Islands for all those pips he earned here fading our trades? I hope he will invite us to a beachparty soon... :cheesy:

coolTrader said:
Hope you didn't

i went to the pub last night to see the mighty reds (no, not the scousers) so didn't get to trade, i would rather of lost money trading, then watch whats becoming of united :(

PipSqueek said:
i went to the pub last night to see the mighty reds (no, not the scousers) so didn't get to trade, i would rather of lost money trading, then watch whats becoming of united :(

Nice Set up approaching..could be my first trade of the day soon

flubber2k said:
Seems to have hit its head on that 1.7249 pivot, possibly a long afterward?

Yes, Im looking at a long, but need more confirmation from my initial signal.

zuke said:
Short @7237 50 pip target; 25 pip stop

Scaling out @ 7203 for 34 pips. Taken 3 lots out. Moved stop to flat and will let remaining 2 lots run until close or stop. :LOL:

zuke said:
Yes, Im looking at a long, but need more confirmation from my initial signal.

short, still seems the way for me, if you put up a 1hr chart there is a nice downward channel, and cable has been trying to break out the top. i find these trades, offer good risk reward, short at the top of the channel with a very very tight stop, if it breaks you reverse, if it doesn't there's a nice drop for quite a few pips. i would try to attach an image but don't know how :rolleyes:

PipSqueek said:
short, still seems the way for me, if you put up a 1hr chart there is a nice downward channel, and cable has been trying to break out the top. i find these trades, offer good risk reward, short at the top of the channel with a very very tight stop, if it breaks you reverse, if it doesn't there's a nice drop for quite a few pips. i would try to attach an image but don't know how :rolleyes:

You'll see that I quickly changed my mind about a long, after looking at my 1hr. Thats why I ended up going short @37

There is a possible broadening formation with a drop due. The level it couldnt break through this morning was the 38.2% fib level (high 27/10/05 - low 22/11/05). Im with PipSqueek.