Best Thread Live Cable Trading

PipSqueek said:
some of the other pairs have been ok :|

I've been trading the swissy today..hasn't been too bad actually, although Im -54 pips today :eek:

I caught the fall in cable which was nice. Good couple of days to work on making the trading plan water tight. I can see that Oyster 56 being ordered some time soon...

G-Man said:
Anyone else bored?

Could we rename this thread 'Dead Cable Trading'?

G-Man

Hey, guys!! This thread is only as good as we make it!
We need more posts of trades made on the Cable, with a bit of reasoning as to why.
Personally, I dont care if the trades werent that "live", as long as we can see the various perspectives we have.

I am working at the moment, so you will all have to wait another 3 weeks before I continue my "Masterclass in How Not To Trade". :(

Has anybody worked out JonnyTs breakfast trades ?
( he mentioned in one of his posts that the "trend doesnt form until after 9am". I wonder if that is part of it, in terms of a breakout strategy.

It would be good to have a Fib-trader, swing-trader, breakout-trader, and indicator-based trader, and see how they compare.
( I am reading up on Spiral Calendars. )

G-Man said:
Were you long on the fake above 1.3200?

G-Man

No, I caught the break out below the EMA too late and ended up going short @1.3134. Most annoying!

" I name ths ship..HMS SINKING CABLE"
"God bless her, and all who take pips from her" :LOL:

trendie
is this the sort of thing you had in mind ?

a pic is often easier to read than it would be for me to explain
it might give you a feel for what I am doing.

2 trades today with a long wait in between

Last edited:
zuke said:
I've been trading the swissy today..hasn't been too bad actually, although Im -54 pips today :eek:
i'm tempted to short swissy here at 3206...mind you only for a few pips, $ still looks strong, however i can see it being a bit week this coming week...;)

PipSqueek said:
i'm tempted to short swissy here at 3206...mind you only for a few pips, $ still looks strong, however i can see it being a bit week this coming week...;)

Im long swissy at the moment @92, given the fall in cable, Im dissapointed it hasnt rallied more

well I put up a pic for you and the response was

deafening silence.

so , as it seems to have been of no interest to anyone I have taken it down.

Put the pick back up DoubleSix so we can have a look.

The JonnyT thing, I had a stab at working it out an did find something that occurs arround 7am 40% of the time. I could tell you all my findings but that would be too easy.

Im not sure this is what he was talking about though. Where is he anyway??