Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Yea, I never tested it but skimmin my eye over a few charts it seemed very close to JT's. One of the guys built a Metatrader Expert (around page 48) for those interested.

ChowClown you tried Starter and Tunnel yet?

Kaffee said:
So it's Enter a long trade at High +5pips ?

Yea, value of high bar + 5 pips. So if high was 100 it'll be 105. Hans was very strict not to diversify from the rule, even though some recommend 10 pips.

Not using MT4, but did look closely at Tunnel for a while and decided it didn't suit. You trading Starter or Tunnel through an MT4 Expert?...good results?

flubber2k said:
Yea, I never tested it but skimmin my eye over a few charts it seemed very close to JT's. One of the guys built a Metatrader Expert (around page 48) for those interested.

ChowClown you tried Starter and Tunnel yet?

flubber2k said:
Yea, value of high bar + 5 pips. So if high was 100 it'll be 105. Hans was very strict not to diversify from the rule, even though some recommend 10 pips.

As is it treated as 2 seperate trading time frames ? i.e 6.00 CET to 10.00 CET (as the 1st one) and enter a trade on the first break after 10 ?? What's the relevance of the 2nd time frame ?

zuke said:
OK..put my neck on the line LONG 1.7090 30/30. (Yes Livermore, I know I SHOULDN'T counter-trade!!)

Well, why not, if you are bored, and you can make 20 pips? :cheesy:

The Fed's tone has changed. I cant understand why they would want to raise rates three months on the trot which most people expect. For two reasons first it takes 11-18 months for rates to take affect and secondly there are a number of economic time bombs that could go off when these rates take effect.

I suspect there has been a little bit of talking up the currency to help the rather large trade deficit?!?!

I know this is a tin of worms but wondered if I was alone in thinking this bear run must end soon.

Yacht

nice bounce today and it has the makings of a change of direction for some time.

But I think its too soon to say its a change of trend or that the bottom is now in.

although larger and quicker than anticipated, todays bounce was not unexpected to those who track elliott waves.

nevertheless, the rally may be good up to 7350 in due course.

unless it rains on the makings.

DoubleSix said:
Yacht

nice bounce today and it has the makings of a change of direction for some time.

But I think its too soon to say its a change of trend or that the bottom is now in.

although larger and quicker than anticipated, todays bounce was not unexpected to those who track elliott waves.

nevertheless, the rally may be good up to 7350 in due course.

unless it rains on the makings.

Im inclined to disagree with you mate. I think the downtrend will continue to around 6870. Cable is weak as hell at the moment and unless there were to be shock hikes of rates here (as opposed to the cuts we all know will be coming soon) I cant see Cable rallying significantly in the short term. For me, the markets reaction to the monster US deficit spoke volumes..i.e no one likes the Pound right now.

zuke

may be you misunderstood ?

I dont think the downtrend is over . This rally is only a correction within the overall downtrend.

I still see 1.666 as a reasonable target.

DoubleSix said:
zuke

may be you misunderstood ?

I dont think the downtrend is over . This rally is only a correction within the overall downtrend.

I still see 1.666 as a reasonable target.

Double Six..just re-read your post..apologies :cool:

To watch tomorrow

11/23/2005 4:30:00 AM... UK (1) BoE minutes released
11/23/2005 8:30:00 AM ...CAN (1) Oct Leading Indicators
11/23/2005 8:30:00 AM ....US (1) Weekly Initial Jobless Claims
11/23/2005 6:50:00 PM... JPN (1) Oct Trade Balance

Eastern Standard Time