Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Desco said:
SAR flipped at 1.7808
Going short for 15 pips

I expect badtrader is still going long :p hehehe

Now this is where I go get lunch and let the markets do thier work.. Thank goodness for autotrading software (MT4).. :cheesy:
I took a 5 pip SL and 15 TP..

Quick and dirty.. let's see if cable paid for my lunch.

Why is it called cable anyway?

Just got you post,long 1,7798

Desco said:
Why is it called cable anyway?

because it was the first exchange rate traded parallel between two centres, i.e. London and New York, with prices transmitted via telegraphic cable

AH 1.7786

Yummmm Free Quiznos today! :)
Is there no greater job in the world then trading?

Sorry badtrader, thanks for buying me lunch though. :eek:

tomaz, sell the house but keep your computer.. Cable is on it's way down.

aha, here comes tomaz, the one who is seldom wrong, but not today :cry:

badtrader, I had a tight stop at 1.7765 which was easily taken out, which means I didn have to sell my house, but had to sell my car. I now have a bicycle :D

just got home now, saw GBP as high as a cloud at 1.8000, and sold at 1.7995, limit 1.7975, no stop!

I will post my trades tomorrow badtrader, so you can do the opposite, because I really feel like buying you lunch :p

Lost 10 pips on deco trade,well I cant win them all. :(

Well nice day today.over 60 pips ,you dew for a win.tomaz so I wont fade you on this one,and its late

Good night all, and thanks for the tips ;)

long 1.7700

stop 1.7665

limit 1.8800

may the gods be with us (again)

watch out for Non Farm Payrolls today!

needless to say I sold my house seconds before, but I couldnt sell my car since I lost it yesterday (I now have a bicycle)

maybe today I'll buy it back, with an extra sound sytem...

tomaz55 said:
moved my limit to 1.7560

no stop

I see you gone short GBP tomaz55 with a target of 1,7560, you should have left it at 1,7600.

Well I guess the thing to do is, go long and I use you entry as my target and your target as my stop ;)

Long 1,7594

badtrader,

I am trying to figure out the reasons why you feel confident to trade the opposite to tomaz and ivor. ( and me )

Is the point of this to show that we are using Technical Analysis in such a predictable and traditional way, and that the majority of traders think in predictable ways, and trade predictably, that we ALL put our entries and stops in obvious places.
And that the "pros" know exactly how far to spike the prices to take us out ?

Tomaz; please check your calls, and see how many times you got stopped out, only for the market to go in the direction you originally traded.

trendie said:
badtrader,

I am trying to figure out the reasons why you feel confident to trade the opposite to tomaz and ivor. ( and me )

Is the point of this to show that we are using Technical Analysis in such a predictable and traditional way, and that the majority of traders think in predictable ways, and trade predictably, that we ALL put our entries and stops in obvious places.
And that the "pros" know exactly how far to spike the prices to take us out ?

Tomaz; please check your calls, and see how many times you got stopped out, only for the market to go in the direction you originally traded.

You are correct observation ;) also I play on human emotions. Take tomaz last trade, he is correct on the move, but could still lose on this one, He got confident the market was going down, so he lowered is limit to get more money, greed comes in to play. If he stuck to his first level he would have been out and flat with a nice profit. But he is now holding on and waiting for 1,7560, as the market moves back to his entry, he may double up and sell more. and sadly get out of what should be a wining trade. Still he might be right, but more often than not the public is wrong, so I am acting on his emotions at this point in time.

See if he questions what I have said, He will now think, ha maybe I am right. maybe I should have got out, But he wont, he will now stay in to prove us wrong.

I know what he will do. but I cant say, I tell you the answer soon

so a variation on deciding a trade would be:

a: analyse the market
b: decide where would I enter
c: decide where would I put my stop

d: then wait until the market pulls back to where the stop should be, and then place the actual trade at the point where it hovers at the stop-point, and starts to bounce back ??

weird.

out at 1.7606 for a 68 pip win, plus 20 pips during the night: 88 pips won today

how about you badtrader?

I new that you would and i am out now at 1,7603 also gone short at the same price.

Thanks for the quick 9 pips