Best Thread Live Cable Trading

people at ;ast! Went long @ 58 came out at 66 . Short @ 54 out @30. NOt sure what will happen now.
looking bearish though but still in range. Usually when there is no american news market moves well. slow but well.

watching to see if a long will comence though it will have to break 76 for the long to gather momentum.

If the short should continues I will be looking at 7593 target downside and then finally 7577. 3hr chart says the up move was a flag. but that can quickly change. as the last bar has not closed.

At the moment the 60min chart has Cable in a slightly upward sloping channel 17625 being the bottom 17675 being the top. Between 1 Nov 15.00 and now their is also a small head and shoulders forming. Prices yesterday and today have being caped by the 30day moving average.
It looks more bearish than bullish but that can change.

Breadman

this is where I get confused.
are we in an uptrend, or just reaching the upper-line of a downward channel ?

ie; look to enter a LONG, as the trend may have changed,
OR;
look to enter a SHORT, as the upper channel of the down-channel is within reach ?

EDIT: there I go, thinking again. When will I ever learn. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• cable_nov02.GIF
    cable_nov02.GIF
    58.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
samtron said:
Difficult Day??
Did anyone manage a breakfast this morning (I never :cry: )

Hey samtron, sorry I'ves stepped into this thread a bit late what times breakfast?

Cheers

trendie

Attached is my setup for today. Buy @76, sell @25. The high was the most recent high, the low was the most recent low. I saw an ascending triangle so hoped for that to pan out.

Was today less about trends and more about new highs and lows????

Its my first attachment so it might not work. Also be kind.

JonnyT - I know you hate patterns but what about the rest?

Attachments

• ascttr.gif
    ascttr.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 190
trendie said:
this is where I get confused.
are we in an uptrend, or just reaching the upper-line of a downward channel ?

ie; look to enter a LONG, as the trend may have changed,
OR;
look to enter a SHORT, as the upper channel of the down-channel is within reach ?

EDIT: there I go, thinking again. When will I ever learn. :rolleyes:

Hi,Trendie

Ask yourself the same question on Monday morning then the answer might be a lot clear.

Patterns have their uses. If many people trade on patterns, and most people think alike, then the likelihood of something happening will be high.

Although I find patterns too time consuming I think charts are very useful. If you use a one-hour chart and draw a straight line across two of the nearest tops, you can guess by when and where the price might reach another top. For every 3 tries you might get 1 right.

JER08 said:
Hi,Trendie

Ask yourself the same question on Monday morning then the answer might be a lot clear.

Problem is, my retrospective trades are aways perfect.
Next Monday, I will have the perfect entry and exit for today.
( Incidentally, I may join you guys for real-time trading next week, so I suspect I will be entering on highs and shorting on lows. Badtrader will be coining it. )

trendie said:
Problem is, my retrospective trades are aways perfect.
Next Monday, I will have the perfect entry and exit for today.
( Incidentally, I may join you guys for real-time trading next week, so I suspect I will be entering on highs and shorting on lows. Badtrader will be coining it. )

You took it the wrong way Trendie, I meant to say if you can't see a clear trend NOW then wait till you can see it which may be on Monday, but if you need to trade almost everyday due to your trading style then forget what I said.

I trust everyone has had a profitable day on the 70 pip upmove?

I lost 30 this morning on the failed downside break, then took 61 this afternoon so another good day.

JonnyT