Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Yep, went short at the number I posted.

Final position was just stopped out @50 on the spike up. Essentially I do not set targets but am aggressive with the initial stop. Yesterday that aggressiveness cost me around 40 pips but some you win some you lose.

Another reasonable day, I'm finished, net 24.5 after a -19 loss this morning so turned it around nicely. Again I had the opportunites for more pips, I'm beginning to think I'm taking some off the table too soon and should let the full trade run longer.

After PMing Badtrader last Week I've had 6 consequtive winning days of greater than 20 pips. It wasn't what he said, it was what he didn't say if that makes sense.

I hope Darktone didn't go long...

JonnyT

Last edited:
Im building my strategy by adding patterns and examples of those I have seen. Ascending/descending/symmetrical triangles do crop up frequently with good reliability. The head and shoulders on the hour chart has proved profitable. Maybe a patterns thread is in order.

JonnyT said:
After PMing Badtrader last Week I've had 6 consequtive winning days of greater than 20 pips. It wasn't what he said, it was what he didn't say if that makes sense.

JonnyT

:rolleyes: I'll be up all night now trying work that one out!

YachtFund said:
Im building my strategy by adding patterns and examples of those I have seen. Ascending/descending/symmetrical triangles do crop up frequently with good reliability. The head and shoulders on the hour chart has proved profitable. Maybe a patterns thread is in order.

Yachtfund,

I think patterns alone wont make you money so its best to keep everything on the one thread. People's different views on price movement, technical indicators and patterns all have their place. Most people seem to be trading with the intention of making money on the down side today, yet we are all making these decisions using different methods. The question is where do we take profits. Will we be early, late or spot on.

Thanks,

Breadman

You guys want to start doing trades, for me to fade. no good saying I shoulda coulda gone long here or short there.

Who would go long here @ 1,7618

Hi breadman

I think you're right about patterns. The benefit for me is they provide (approximate) probability, entry, exit, and p:l ratio. As a complete newbie its difficult to trade from the gut. Thats why its great following JonnyT who (I think) uses price only. Im trying to have all my strategies written down before I trade them. Stops me doing silly things. Im trying to develop a S/R type strategy.

Its easy to get lost with all the possibilities.

YF

badtrader said:
You guys want to start doing trades, for me to fade. no good saying I shoulda coulda gone long here or short there.

What trades have you had yourself today badtrader?

I went short cable at 85 early afternoon but forgot to post it............ :eek:

Zinger said:
What trades have you had yourself today badtrader?

I went short cable at 85 early afternoon but forgot to post it............ :eek:
I have been scalping the Russle 2000.I dont give signals on here,well the odd one,I like to fade you lot :cheesy:

badtrader said:

Looks good for 1,7700.,why do I bother :arrowl:

badtrader said:

is this what they call a hedge bt? :cheesy:

Hi all been following your thread with keen interest. Will be joining in from time to time.
morning star on GBP 30min. waiting for the news to go out the way.before attempting. a long

was it something I said :rolleyes: where is everyone?

Has anyone figured out what the market is doing.

Have you not taken the hint coolTrader ? ;)

It is quiet this morning isn't it ? Late start for me - just getting my bearings.................

Looks like I will be on the opposite side of you - not taken anything yet but currently favouring a short on cable.

Hi coolTrader

At this rate I can see this range lasting FOREVER!!!

I dont think there is any significant news today to move the market out of it (?).

Possible ascending triangle on the hourly for an upside breakout??