Best Thread Live Cable Trading

who would like to go short here cable 1,7690 for 20 pips and also risking 20 pips,1 to 1 ratio

badtrader said:
Ok I take you word for it ;)

Jonny I know you trade EUR.USD on futures. But who do you trade GBP.USD with.
I'm currently using IB but have just opened an SB account with Capital Spreads and am currently testing before diving in.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
I'm currently using IB but have just opened an SB account with Capital Spreads and am currently testing before diving in.

JonnyT
Thanks Jonny

Why dont you try EUR.USD with S/B You are currently trading futures on the EUR,this is costing you 2,5 ticks with commission, unless you buy the Bid, where it would be 1.5 spread.

But have you notice the Bid and Offer flicks 2 pips spread a lot of the time the same with the GBP on futures. When you start making over 20k a year you may be better off playing forex on S/B.Unless you got a good accountant But have more than 1 account. use one for shorts and 1 for longs. They wont Gun for you then, As you account wont reflect how much you making off them.

Something to think about

I'm currently not trading the EUR, just concentrating on GBP at present.

My intention is to SB entirely if I can get away with it.

Given the method of trading I am now undertaking the spread isn't as important but the saving on Tax could be very rewarding.

JonnyT

If the head and shoulders continues forming as per John Murphy intended, we should see a peak at 7720 then a decline all the way to 7555. Which would be nice.

YachtFund said:
If the head and shoulders continues forming as per John Murphy intended, we should see a peak at 7720 then a decline all the way to 7555. Which would be nice.

what time frame are you looking a YF? and who is John Murphy? :eek:

1 hour. John Murphy's Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets IMHO is a necessity on any traders desk.

YachtFund said:
1 hour. John Murphy's Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets IMHO is a necessity on any traders desk.

I can only see the head and shoulders that breadman spoke about :rolleyes:
and the breakfast trade hasn't given a buy/sell signal yet!
but hold on?

hehe..

Heres a brief outline.. im still playing long atm as were still holding daily support with scope for a move.. simple...

Attachments

• view.JPG
    view.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 209
I can only see the head and shoulders that breadman spoke about

unless im mistaken..
the only head you should be looking out for is your own in this game IMHO! :)
now ive said that... watch this pattern play in perfect JM fashion ROF!

Attachments

• heeeed.JPG
    heeeed.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
I wouldn't take a long at present as anything below 1.7685 signifies short to me.

JonnyT

YachtFund said:
Could that break out be considered a symmetrical triangle (15-5mins)?
very interesting mr watson, the break a 85 could be regarded as the break of a triangle+break of recent support+ break of yesterdays resistance (now support)+ break of a fib level .

JonnyT am I safe in saying that you don't use indicators/oscillators of any sought?
IB don't appear to provide a fib for their cash charts?
how difficult was it for you to make the switch to the longer time frame (hour) you now prefer.

dame (looking at the charts) its too late in the day for breakfast isn't it

this thread has become quite engrossing of late.
especially the recent postings of Yachtfund, breadman, samtron and darktone.
interesting how looking at different time-frames gives views as to uptrend or downtrend.
( I tend to pick the wrongtrend, but thats another story )

the different patterns and reasonings seem to have added a depth to the GBPUSD because of these differences.

its also useful to see how these analyses pan out.

Interesting psot by Jonny with regards to patterns. I have always thought everything are patterns of one sort or another, even breakouts being a pattern.

( currently musing on divergences between price and indicators to see if divergences hint at warnings of reversals )