Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Everyone and they dog have the mind set that it's still going to go up and will be buying it as it goes down, I got a target of 1,8400 to 1,8350. yes over 180 pips down from here.

Good luck to all the bulls out there. there is to many of them for my liking.

indexgold said:
Everyone and they dog have the mind set that it's still going to go up and will be buying it as it goes down, I got a target of 1,8400 to 1,8350. yes over 180 pips down from here.

Just my thoughts mate .....nothing else

indexgold said:

Well well
http://www.fxtoday.co.uk/sterling.htm
It says on this site that profit taking will remain a risk on tuesday hmmm seem like
they agree with you ....... :rolleyes:

Yup, profit taking was definitely the tune today, so may be tomorrow *er* today.

Tokyo's essentially flat (a range of 11????). Whoa, major indecision, chop ahead!! Wheeeee!! :cheesy:

Today I was lucky to haved hedged my full position with a downward bias (new rules and experience (rate eroding down, nary an up tick), stupid though to have closed out the 8644 short at 1 pip. MUST - TRUST - MY - METHOD, DAMMIT. :eek:

Tokyo observations: no real spike up at the open, flatter than a pancake even now in the "active" phase... suspect a spike coming either up or down, but I'm set for that with a 91 short and a 57 long (new rules).

Talked to some pros at my watering hole, they expect Tuesday to be another profit-taking day, befor e Wednesday goes back into dollar-bearish uphill. That's still a long time away.

Hello m8.....
well with profit takin in view I think the range we have today is 1.8690 if it breaks that then we could go higher ie long and if it attacks the 50 region then it go fall a bit of the way...........

Hi

Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and the
moment that you open these emails your computer will crash and you will
not be able to fix it! This e-mail is being distributed through
countries around the globe, but mainly in the US and Israel.

Don't be inconsiderate; send this warning to whomever you know.
If you get an email along the lines of "Osama Bin Laden Captured" or
"Osama Hanged" don't open the attachment.

Regards

Paddy

:devilish: as in gaaaaaah!

Overslept *very nice* picture-perfect Big Ben, which is the minor problem (I'm fully hedged)

Major problem: CMS having charting server probs. Again no real problem, rates are being indicated in the open position summary, charts I can get off the web.

REAL problem: can't open any new positions, so I'll have to phone trade for the day...
Their chat doesn't work either...
Problem started out 3 a.m....

Cool, called tech support and got a really sleepy guy telling me to re-install platform... sometimes I hate my ilk. :rolleyes:

OK, reinstalled. All working again :| Now I can go spend half an hour to set up my screens.

Last edited:
marmoset said:
:devilish: as in gaaaaaah!

Overslept *very nice* picture-perfect Big Ben, which is the minor problem (I'm fully hedged)

Major problem: CMS having charting server probs. Again no real problem, rates are being indicated in the open position summary, charts I can get off the web.

REAL problem: can't open any new positions, so I'll have to phone trade for the day...
Their chat doesn't work either...
Problem started out 3 a.m....

Cool, called tech support and got a really sleepy guy telling me to re-install platform... sometimes I hate my ilk. :rolleyes:

OK, reinstalled. All working again :| Now I can go spend half an hour to set up my screens.

A visit to 1.8500 again in due course .....I am putting my short in at 1.8555 with as stop of 1.8605 and limit at 1.8515.
Best of luck happy trading
Rav

Hi Rav,

Am short at 44 sl 74 lim 09
Looks like we get a repeat from yesterday up to the NY open

Platform woes: now the pending positions window doesn't come up... OK, open another chart, there's a tab with it on each (phew, happy they decided on redundancy).

marmoset said:
Hi Rav,

Platform woes: now the pending positions window doesn't come up... OK, open another chart, there's a tab with it on each (phew, happy they decided on redundancy).
I am short at 1.8556 Sl at 1.8580 lmit at 1.8515

Best of luck mate

rav700 said:
I am short at 1.8556 Sl at 1.8580 lmit at 1.8515

Best of luck mate

Morning all..Im also expecting a move down to around the 8510 level adn thus have a short @8545 looking for 40 pips and stop at 8575

marmoset said:
Hi Rav,

It is just stuck to the 1.8550 it should move I would have thought in the next hour or so

Hi,

I'm long at 550 myself... no idea on target... just use the old S and R.

EDIT stop at 525

Last edited:
DMI System on Visual Trader sounding alarm for long entry signal (30min chart)

44 short just stopped out at 75

Thank you Rav700,

Just trying out simple S/R breaks and bounces.

Stop to 560 just below 7am level.