Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Moved stop to 82 (11pips)

Drats :( Always when the fun starts I have to go to work...

edit: moved sl to 78 (+15)

Not convinced we are going anywhere exciting till tomorrow....

afternoon off!

At work now:
short 91 stopped out at 74: 17pips --> +2 for today :) red off, green on!

limit entry long filled at 8608 limit 43 s/l 78
limit short filled at 8619 no s/l (balance position), limit 8555

Discipline

Taken from another thread.....

MUST... PAY... ATTENTION... (note to self) :devilish: :eek:

Your psychological mind set is likely to play a larger role in your trading career than your chosen technique or any other details associated with your day-to-day practice. Indeed, discipline is just one attribute of trading psychology, but it just so happens to be the most important psychological factor that affects a trader's success.

There are four components of discipline that I believe are absolutely essential to a successful career in trading:

1) Training and practice - Never content to rest on his or her laurels and accept the possibility that his or her trading ability has peaked, the successful trader is always involved in education, training, and practice-- decision-making skills must be continually enhanced so they exhibit the automatic, lightning-quick qualities of a computer but with the benefit of superior human judgment.

2) Controlled behavior - The successful trader has an extraordinary amount of self-control. Never letting emotions take over when entering or exiting a trade, the disciplined trader is largely immune from panic and does not let euphoria cloud judgment when trades go exactly as (or better than) intended. A trader's emotional state should be the same on the days on which he or she makes $50,000 as on the days on which twice that amount is lost.

3) Trading rules - Similar to the last point, the successful trader has developed a set of trading rules that are religiously followed. If his or her style of trading dictates that a trade must be exited once the stock reaches its upper range, the trader will exit that trade at that exact price and will not wait a moment longer.

4) Punishment - The final essential component of the discipline of trading is that trading possesses a self-punishing feedback mechanism. If a trader breaks his or her trading rules and strays outside of the guidelines for controlled behavior, his or her edge will inevitably be lost. The punishment may be quick, as it is in the case when the opportunity for profit is sabotaged by the trader's momentary loss of focus. Punishment may also be longer-term, which occurs when the trader gradually strays from his or her trading rules. This may bring success at first, but it turns to failure the further away the trader strays from his or her established pattern. Whatever the exact circumstances, a trader who fails to exhibit the qualities associated with discipline will surely lose, whether quickly and painfully in the short-term or slowly and gradually over the long-term.

short 660

Stop above high

Heres hoping for a double top

If this fails then I'm out of this malarky for a few months to rethink my trading. Losing a few trades is ok but too many times I've exited and watched it rise/drop like this and that really gets me.

Anyone trading cable right now I am back for a bit........... :LOL: to recover some of my forex losses

Hi rav700

I'm short from 60 and looking for this being the top

Target 1.8300

(moving out of daytrading!)

In hidsight today should have been easy pickings.

The thing that stuck it in me was the exit at 570 before the rise up should not have been taken but I watched 30 become 0 in the AM and didn't want of see it happen again. Then off it went.

Sticking with my short till new highs or 8300 though!

It was a bit tricky one today. I took a long at the bottom 27 because it would not break S1 but it did not look like it was going anywhere! So I jumped out in "hindsight" I should have let it run . Did not join the move again till the top. waited patiently for that. It bounced off R1 I am wondering it it will just hang around here or go for 1.8723! I never limit the market. I will watch and pounce if it does get there