Best Thread Live Cable Trading

zagreb said:
hello my British friends :)

are we gonna short cable or what?

15 min chart is hinting at a long for me. Higher lows since 10.45.

Be interesitng to see how this current bar develops.

zagreb said:
hello my British friends :)

are we gonna short cable or what?

over the past 6 days, 5 days have printed higher-highs and higher-lows.

7460/70 appeared to be resistance over those 5/6 days, which was breached yesterday.
are we not upwardly minded, with 7460/70 as potential low-risk long positions, now support ?
( trying my best to see a non-MA perspective )

trendie said:

7460/70 appeared to be resistance over those 5/6 days, which was breached yesterday.
are we not upwardly minded, with 7460/70 as potential low-risk long positions, now support ?

That was a pretty strong bounce off 465 this morning.

zuke said:
It was actually based on weakingg of bull power confirmed by ADX cross over on the hourly. As you hate indicators..you wouldn't have caught this trade :cheesy:

Why not? When cable broke out of the morning range, it was a short trade - you don't need indicators to see that. :cheesy: I don't like indicators, because they all are lagging behind the price, and therefore they are uselss.

Last edited:
Baruch said:
Why not? When cable broke out of the morning range, it was a short trade - you don't need indicators to see that. :cheesy: I don't like indicators, because they all are lagging behind the price, and therefore they are uselss.

I used to be an indicator junkie, but now I only use (and that is arely) ADX. Indicators have their place but they dont add much to my trading so I dont use them. Anyway Baruch, you are a fundaentalist, so you dont need them anyway.

I can see 1.7530 being clipped, as to the timing of the entry...well thats the stimulating part...

trendie said:

Im biased to the short side and will only change my mind if there's a close 505

zuke said:
Im biased to the short side and will only change my mind if there's a close 505

I remember reading somewhere that if a trade hasn't gone your way in X minutes (think it was 45 minutes) you should chop the trade.

Do you ever apply a time element to your trades ?

zuke said:
I used to be an indicator junkie, but now I only use (and that is arely) ADX. Indicators have their place but they dont add much to my trading so I dont use them. Anyway Baruch, you are a fundaentalist, so you dont need them anyway.

Yes, I am a fundamental trader, because I mostly trade the news. But I also trade the morning move, when there's no news coming up.

Kaffee said:
I remember reading somewhere that if a trade hasn't gone your way in X minutes (think it was 45 minutes) you should chop the trade.

Do you ever apply a time element to your trades ?

No I dont..thats what my stop is there for. I posted a live call on here around 7 this am which was a short from 519..I havent hit my target yet (449) but I'll leave the trade until either the target or stop gets hit...unless, I see a GOOD reason to cut the trade (usually such a reason is news)

probably just a coincidence, but my recent foray into analysis, whereby I noted that 13:00, 14:00, 15:00 tend to be highs or lows of the day;

last 3 days, 14:00 posted the high, low, and high of the day.

I wonder if I could swing-trade 13:00/14:00 each day ? :)

zuke said:
Morning all..first call for a couple of days SHORT 519 Target 1 449 stop 559

Famous last words..Good chance my 449 target will be hit in the next 45 mins.

zuke said:

thats just a sexed-up analysis you pinched from some student. :LOL: :LOL:

zuke said:

1 hour later and still no break of 475 support....serve me right :eek:

zuke said:
50 pips onside so moved stop to b/e

Taken profit at 459 for +60 pips on half my size (5 lots)..leave remaining lots to run to close or b/e