Best Thread Live Cable Trading

I think you are right Bramble, I see it very clearly in the 15 minute chart. hence I will fade you....though I dont like the stochastics in that TM.....the hour stochastics look fine

Baruch said:
And Soros never looks on a chart. If you want to know how he trades forex, read his book "The Alchemy of Finance", where he publish his trading diary from a whole year. The best book written about forex trading.

Nice one Baruch, You'er a better man than me.
I read his book, Soros on Soros, about 5years ago and it was all double dutch to me :eek:

samtron said:
Nice one Baruch, You'er a better man than me.
I read his book, Soros on Soros, about 5years ago and it was all double dutch to me :eek:
DO YOU WHERE CAN I GET THIS BOOK FROM PLEASE?

You have me confused. If you thought I was right, why did you fade me?

And what didn't work?

It's still got 30mins to do something worthwhile or I'm out. Having said that, it's been within a whisker (3 pips) of my stop already. If I wasn't already in this trade, I wouldn't be getting in - if you know what I mean :LOL:

TheBramble said:
You have me confused. If you thought I was right, why did you fade me?

And what didn't work?

It's still got 30mins to do something worthwhile or I'm out. Having said that, it's been within a whisker (3 pips) of my stop already. If I wasn't already in this trade, I wouldn't be getting in - if you know what I mean :LOL:

put a stop @ 18, entered @32 so it didnt work for me :eek: , hope it does for you. I did see the support, and I liked the hourly chart. thats why I faded you.

will it go as high as 510 before retracing ?
is today an up-day ? ( Big Ben BO )

chrisw said:
Bounced of TR2 so up, up and away....................!

Long 20 lots 1.7410........... target 1.7600 ish (30 pip stop)

This was a ballsy call yesterday. Bet you was having kittens when it went back below 7400.

Well done for holding.

Thursday, February 23rd 2006

It's already hit the upper level of my central range today.

I'm working on a 7403/7477 range with a pivot (obviously) at the 7440/45 area.

Daily and Hourly is up.

Let's see what is does between 7445 and 7477. If it powers on up I might take a runaway BO rather than the more measured, and safer, re-test.

If it doesn't make it through 7477 it'll indicate possible weakness and I'll consider a short position.

In either of those events, the stop will be tight - 10 pips plus spread or thereabouts.

Of course, it could just lol around again in tightish 20 pip bands.

Good trading.

Kaffee said:
This was a ballsy call yesterday. Bet you was having kittens when it went back below 7400.

Well done for holding.
Mornin Kaffee,

I recently aquired a book on programming and have set myself up with an API for my main intraday trades. With that running in the background I know have the opportunity to play around with some different strategies and have decided to go back to trading purely chart patterns to see how it works out.

That long was based on my analysis in the http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=18788 thread. it certainly was a tad worrying but thankfully it worked out. Its all early days yet and need to see how things pan out as the patterns emerge. Sticking with the trade as it stands but looking for an exit if it starts to retrace down now.

Chris

Stop moved to 435 to lock in some profits in case of the inevitable

EDIT: addition - and again to 475.

Last edited:
Any recommendations on books about money management and/or risk management ?
In the sense books exclusively and primarily about the above, as opposed to adjuncts to trading systems.

short 44, stop 70, initial target 485. will move stop to break even when the hourly closes below 520

Stop moved up to 510 to lock in 100 pips, time to let it run and see how things pan out.

EDIT: taken @ 530 for 120 pips.

Last edited:
jacinto said:
short 44, stop 70, initial target 485. will move stop to break even when the hourly closes below 520

stop to break even. dont like how euro-sterling is behaving