Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Story so far......Cable 5 minute chart

Cable seems to be bouncing along Asian overnight low

Attachments

• monday27.JPG
    monday27.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 126
Baruch said:
Yes, and because the morning trade starts too late.

Maybe... doesnt explain why it worked so well last year though... or are you saying that direction didn't start until after 9 am in 2005 ??

Don't think that's true Baruch, I remember in December it was putting on / taking off 80 pips before 8 am and Hans was up.

Cable 5 minute chart

Updated Cable chart:

Attachments

• monday27.JPG
    monday27.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 155
That's a stop and half there DC - 50 PIPS

only a small trade though 1/3rd size was just looking for something positional until I can get back to watching screen

GBP/USD daily, It looks like we have had 4 waves since 23 Jan with the final 5 down wave still to come, which should get lower than 14 Feb low of 17280 or make a double bottom as the trend line form 28 Nov and 28 Dec lows comes in at 17280 . A close in the 17360 to 17280 range would complete the fifth wave. The EUR/USD has had a range of 11860 to11960 for the last 10 day now it has broken to the down side.

Breadman

Last edited:
Kaffee said:
Maybe... doesnt explain why it worked so well last year though... or are you saying that direction didn't start until after 9 am in 2005 ??

Don't think that's true Baruch, I remember in December it was putting on / taking off 80 pips before 8 am and Hans was up.

Kaffee,

OK, then tell us the real reason? :rolleyes:

5min Cable Chart

Still bouncing off overnight support line

Attachments

• monday27.JPG
    monday27.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 134
Baruch said:
Kaffee,

OK, then tell us the real reason? :rolleyes:

Eh ?? I don't know the real reason. Just pointing out that it's not a time of day thing.

Anyway... nothing to stop an early trend reversing and going on to be a mega breakout... but that will only come with a big daily range.

So until the ADR picks up... any breakout will struggle.... even the legendary Big Baruch.

A sideways/whipsaw day for cable, but maybe it’s formed a broad enough support base for a foray north to fill the day’s opening gap on the ‘spot’ chart shortly…..

Probably in the early hours when we’ve all got bored watching it….. :confused:

Attachments

• 27-02-06.gif
    27-02-06.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 166
You missed a whippy bit of action at one time where it snapped up and then down 9 pips in less than 3 hours. Caught me on the hop, I can tell you!

Tuesday February 28th 2006

Central pivot wider than recent days at 16 pips. Not exactly tradeable, but indicative perhaps at 7389/7405.

7405 showing as a real point of interest, currently lower.

Daily range (for me) is 7357/7437.

TheBramble said:
Central pivot wider than recent days at 16 pips. Not exactly tradeable, but indicative perhaps at 7389/7405.

7405 showing as a real point of interest, currently lower.

Daily range (for me) is 7357/7437.

How did you arrive at your range?