Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
Baruch.. now I'm really confused. You said Big Baruch was the first reversal after 7.

Asia was in UP trend mode until 7, so your first trade should have been a short. Not trying to look smug, just trying to clarify the supposed difference between Big Baruch and Big Ben for the readers of the thread.

I use euro to confirm cable - and the down-move in cable was not confirmed by euro. The next move before 8.00 was a follow-up by the the Asia uptrend - but it was a breakout, and confirmed by euro, so it was a real Big Baruch (and Big Ben) move.

Baruch said:
I use euro to confirm cable - and the down-move in cable was not confirmed by euro. The next move before 8.00 was a follow-up by the the Asia uptrend - but it was a breakout, and confirmed by euro, so it was a real Big Baruch (and Big Ben) move.

PS. Do you think we can trade BB on US open?

Ok. Fair point.

Might be something in the US range break.... certainly Cable goes into lull mode after 11 some days.

Only taking a stab in the dark with 12 - 1.... anyone else reading this thread have a view ?

PS:- You still holding from earlier ?

Kaffee said:
Ok. Fair point.

Might be something in the US range break.... certainly Cable goes into lull mode after 11 some days.

Only taking a stab in the dark with 12 - 1.... anyone else reading this thread have a view ?

Well chaps Im testing the Big BEN method today so I took a long at 7711 with 1 mini lot ($1 per pip) just to see.

Kaffee said:
Ok. Fair point.

Well, agree that things do go quiet mid morning - and things do have a tendency to pick up when the US comes in. However, not looked at this in any great detail Kaffee..............

zuke said:
Well chaps Im testing the Big BEN method today so I took a long at 7711 with 1 mini lot ($1 per pip) just to see.

7711 Zuke ? Where did you get that figure from ? :confused:

Zinger said:
7711 Zuke ? Where did you get that figure from ? :confused:

I make the 7-8 range 7659-7709. So I went long when it broke out of this range to the upside. Not looking so goo now though (7718)

zuke said:
I make the 7-8 range 7659-7709. So I went long when it broke out of this range to the upside. Not looking so goo now though (7718)

Are you sure you are looking at the right chart Zuke ? :confused:

The 0700-0800 range on cable was 7640-7676 ....................

zuke said:

stopped out at 91 for -2 :( not a good start!

Zinger said:
Are you sure you are looking at the right chart Zuke ? :confused:

The 0700-0800 range on cable was 7640-7676 ....................

Now I am looking at the wrong chart :eek:

I have the 0700-0800 range 7640-7666.........

Zinger said:
Now I am looking at the wrong chart :eek:

I have the 0700-0800 range 7640-7666.........

Jeez!! You're right!! I didnt get in until 5 this morning after a friends Xmas do!!! Not sure Im gonna have a productive day !!!

I make the 7-8 range 7659-7709

I think thats the 7 to 9am range zuke

Im currently short ( out of money ) march futures so if anyone wants to hit it wiv a big bag o cash to bring it down please feel free

Baruch said:
Maybe you should try Big Baruch? Im out with a gain of 58 pips - not a bad morning... :cheesy:

What was the entry / exit on the Big Baruch this morning ? :D

First LIve call of the day SHORT 7728 5 lots, stop 30 target 1 30, T2 60..scale out the rest

Hi Vegas5 and welcome aboard

big baruch is the taking of the first New move after 7am on cable

either that or its Baruch's wifes nikname for him

zuke said:
Jeez!! You're right!! I didnt get in until 5 this morning after a friends Xmas do!!! Not sure Im gonna have a productive day !!!

LOL Zuke... I had to re-check my Caps position after your post.

Never ever trade the morning after !! ;)

Taking JohnnyT's advice i.e. no margin, in as soon as it hits the range trade it... it was a long at 7662 this morning.

ok, 2 points...

how do we

a) know what is the new move, as opposed to a dip/peak in the existing move

and

2) know where to enter on this new move..

Baruch, please be a darling and post some charts of the past few days so we know where you got on and off..

im sure it would clarify things somewhat...

if you are having trouble finding some cable charts, im sure i could lend you some..

dc2000 said:
Hi Vegas5 and welcome aboard

big baruch is the taking of the first New move after 7am on cable

either that or its Baruch's wifes nikname for him

LOL

Cheers DC

Just to clarify - is that a breakout of the range set during the asian sesh? Is there a thread about it on here?