Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
Hold on... CPI down = reduced requirement for interest rate rises= Bad for a Currency

So why the chuffing hell is the Greenback in Turbothrust mode..... anyone ??

Trading news ain't so easy if there is no logic to the market movements

Kaffee,

This was my post 2104 a couple of days ago, their seems to be more power in the waves that their is in the news.

We seem to be forming a reverse head & shoulders in the 60 min time frame. With the 12 Oct one shoulder 28 Nov the head, and now the second shoulder we are now forming could take us to around the 1.7500 figure and then up to 17800 17900 level. These head & shoulders patterns are appearing all the time in GBP/USD some break out and some just get to the neck line and stop.

We also have a elliot wave correction taking place now, we are presently in the 5th wave of the first wave down with a ABC up move next, then 5 waves down to 17500. We could also have just had a 4th wave correction of the big up move over the last couple of weeks, with the 5th up wave still to come this could take us to 1.78 to 1.79 level.So what I am really saying is we could go down to 17500 of up to 17800 to 17900.

Breadman

Kaffee said:
Hold on... CPI down = reduced requirement for interest rate rises= Bad for a Currency

So why the chuffing hell is the Greenback in Turbothrust mode..... anyone ??

Trading news ain't so easy if there is no logic to the market movements

My sentiments as well..despite sitting out trading the CPI figures as Id made my daily target, I took a very small (1 mini lot) long under 7660 support thinking that I was gonna be quids in..what happens..sinking from 7660 to 7630 within seconds!!! I think tis is probably just a correction though and that the bull rally is still intact.

zuke said:
My sentiments as well..despite sitting out trading the CPI figures as Id made my daily target, I took a very small (1 mini lot) long under 7660 support thinking that I was gonna be quids in..what happens..sinking from 7660 to 7630 within seconds!!! I think tis is probably just a correction though and that the bull rally is still intact.

Zuke... you're having a tinker with Big Ben aren't you ? Any mileage in running the same principle on the US open... say 12 - 1 ?? Would have turned in a beaut today.

I've been backtesting some data in July... but either the data is duff, or JohnnyT is right, it's no better than a head or tail flip.

breadman said:
Kaffee,

This was my post 2104 a couple of days ago, their seems to be more power in the waves that their is in the news.

We seem to be forming a reverse head & shoulders in the 60 min time frame. With the 12 Oct one shoulder 28 Nov the head, and now the second shoulder we are now forming could take us to around the 1.7500 figure and then up to 17800 17900 level. These head & shoulders patterns are appearing all the time in GBP/USD some break out and some just get to the neck line and stop.

We also have a elliot wave correction taking place now, we are presently in the 5th wave of the first wave down with a ABC up move next, then 5 waves down to 17500. We could also have just had a 4th wave correction of the big up move over the last couple of weeks, with the 5th up wave still to come this could take us to 1.78 to 1.79 level.So what I am really saying is we could go down to 17500 of up to 17800 to 17900.

Breadman

Blimey, bit too technical for me. Candlesticks and moving averages are my limit I'm afraid. Good luck.. hope it makes you a wad.

Baruch said:
Kaffee,

Yes, it's not a system, it's a method. So far I had some big winners and no losers, so I don't complain... :cheesy: I have never seen a system which works all the time - if there was such a one, we would all trade it, wouldn't we? No, all systems are bogus and snakeoil. And I am sure Big Ben is a loser - as JohnyT (I think it was him?) says it is after backtesting it.
I have seen your post and feel obligated to comment if I may :~

You are the only member EVER to discern between a method and a system.

My sincere compliments to you.

Very Kind Regards.

Anyone catch this short? I was out... Came back just in time to get some crumbs.. I didn.t see that long that got to 1.7755. even though I was sitting there. It must have been very fast (shooting star). So will wait for 200poiints tomorrow then.

coolTrader said:
Anyone catch this short? I was out... Came back just in time to get some crumbs.. I didn.t see that long that got to 1.7755. even though I was sitting there. It must have been very fast (shooting star). So will wait for 200poiints tomorrow then.

Could you give me the entries and exits for some of these 200 points tomorrow please ?? ;)

Id have a lay in then

Best I can do is 1.7677 and 1.7553 but as you say probably not worth getting out of bed for

obviously does not constitute trading advice

Kaffee said:
Zuke... you're having a tinker with Big Ben aren't you ? Any mileage in running the same principle on the US open... say 12 - 1 ?? Would have turned in a beaut today.

I've been backtesting some data in July... but either the data is duff, or JohnnyT is right, it's no better than a head or tail flip.

What time gmt does the US open, between 12 and 1? - maybe we could make BB two times a day? :rolleyes:

Baruch.. now I'm really confused. You said Big Baruch was the first reversal after 7.

Asia was in UP trend mode until 7, so your first trade should have been a short. Not trying to look smug, just trying to clarify the supposed difference between Big Baruch and Big Ben for the readers of the thread.

Baruch said:
What time gmt does the US open, between 12 and 1? - maybe we could make BB two times a day? :rolleyes:

Dunno... just looked at yesterdays chart, and that most data is 1.30.

I think there might be something in it though. Not quite sure how it would pan out if your still running the first position and the second range indicates a reverse trade.

Lots of variables to think about. Maybe something to backtest or play with in the New Year.