Liquid Capital Markets Ltd

harridan

I was interested in the trading company liquid capital.But ive heard they have had a lot of problems with staff and bonuses lately.Are they worth checking out?

in what way are you interested in liquid capital?

i agree with the comment on staff and bonuses; if you are looking for employment there, you will be get screwed!

if you are interested in arcade facilities there, i cannot comment as i am not aware they offer any suchlike.

The Process

I recently had a comp test can any body tell me what the interview is like.

They have a three stage process.

Stage 1 IQ and general financial knowledge test
Stage 2 A group simulated trading session
Stage 3 An interview with a director and possibly a trader

I'm in the process, I'm impressed! Have you finished stage two!
What do you mean by this "comp test"? Comprehension (stage 1) competition (stage 2)
Do you mean this "group simulated trading session"

From what I've been told by Liquid they are hiring a minimum of 5 assistant traders up to eight with an outside chance that the could take more.

When I spoke to them they had 7 people for stage 2 they wanted 10, unfortunately I didn't ask how many trading session groups they were holding. As I could then calculate my chances of success.

They said they would invite 10 people to the final stage interview so if you're already on the final stage you're practically in, great odds.

I'm about to do stage 2, which they say is "not related to the markets or any financial product, its card based, no screens. Supervised by a few traders. To see how you respond to different situations" pressure I'm sure.

Does anybody know of a card based trading game/simulator or should I have a big weekend playing games such as Poker, Pontoon or Go.
Card games that get mentioned in Jack Schwager books such as wizards etc

On another note Liquid are Market Makers, not prop traders, as far as I can tell although the website could be better.

do not worry too much about the "card based" test. it is very simple and involves calculating simple (card based) probabilities, so it is a (very crude and inconsistent) way of judging your mental arithmetic/numerical reasoning. it does provides some limited indication of other aspects of your personality and character in terms of how quickly you grasp the (simple) concepts, ability to handle pressure etc.

apologies for being vague, but I do not wish to give anyone an unfair advantage or mislead you as the exact form of the game as this may well have changed recently.

I never did qualify for the rest of the interview selection process.

I guess you passed through the first few stages. I only wish you good luck with the rest of the process. But now I have a good understanding of how the process at Liq Cap works.

Once again good luck and best wishes.

Marketmakers

Hi, I applied to Liquid Capital and am about to go to the same process. Can anyone say what the IQ test is like (such as pattern recognition, number series, etc), and also would the finance knowledge be mostly on options as they are an option marketmaker?

They seem to be recruiting people all year round, does anyone know what the pay package is like, and how does the company compare to other marketmakers such as optiver?

Thanks alot.

I'm thinking of applying there too, does anyone know what their pay package is like? thanks!

i need to be fair - liquid capital is a good place for traders (for very standard products of course), but you just need to appreciate the complexity of the models, both pros and cons. the more willing you are to learn (the quant side), the more likely you'll benefit; otherwise you get lost deeply. very good traders there plus very ignorant ones...

please , can you give some help ?
i have an interview with Liquid capital , it is a RisK management role . that is only a 1. round , it will be base on my CV

cheers

Has anyone sat the numerical tests for Liquid Capital Markets at all?If so,how did it go and what should one expect?Thanks

for which position?
for an ris role u need to be prepare for 2 test shl test ( numerical reasonning +magement test)
for a trading role u need to pe prepae for 2 test as well ( maths test (aritmethics ) + logic test)
cheers
good luck

Thanks.it's for the trainee trader role.Are they very difficult.The intructions say they need to be done in 20mins.Can they both(2 tests) be realistically done in 20 mins?Going next week to sit for the tests.

Only one test..did it.35 questions in 20mins with music playing in the background as it is how trading floors operate apparently.Goodluck to those that will be sitting the tests this week

SIAPIRO- I am gonna be taking a similar test with mettraders. Can u please tell me what kind of questions were they?

Liquid Capital

The questions are relatively straight forward.e.g if it takes 2 men to make 5 engines over 40 hours how long will it take for 10 engines to be made?Then you get multiple answers of which one is correct.It does get a bit tricky but the format remains generally the same,with one or two bar charts.The key I think is speed.Also there is negative marking.If you get one wrong you get -1 if you miss a question you get -2 so it's best to attepmpt as many questions as possible.Funny the guy who conducted the test said that but the instructions on this SHL booklet seemed to suggest no negative marking(I suppose it's their company policy considering 1000 people applied for 10 places,however he did say there may well be another 10 needed in the last quarter of the year)

SIAPIRO- I am gonna be taking a similar test with mettraders. Can u please tell me what kind of questions were they?