Liquid Capital Markets Ltd

can you go into any detail to why they let you go?
i'm about to graduate in June 09 in Australia and am considering applying at Liquid

Hey guys, are liquid capital just market makers or do they engage in other types of trading as well?

Hey Guys!

Liquid Capital are accepting applications for the trainee trader program 4-5 times a year The next intake is in Feb if you are interested in applying email [email protected] for more information!

Hi guys, so the very first two tests are SHL online tests (numerical + inductive reasoning), right? And then comes the group testing session (with the music on), correct? And then the trading game? So what is trading game like? Many thanks

I heard from them today with an invite to do their numerical test before 27th Dec. Just done it. Was simple. How did your's go John?

havent done it yet as I am travelling .. will do on 25th when I get back home .. i think it is a easy shl type maths one that every other investment bank sends out

I am invited to do their numerical test for the trainee trader. Apart from the position in London, there are also trainee trader QTG positioins newly posted in both Sydney and Nelson. Do anyone know the difference from the position in London?

qualified traders maybe.

did you not receive an invite to 2 tests? i did the numerical one followed by the inductivew reasoning one.

I am invited to do their numerical test for the trainee trader. Apart from the position in London, there are also trainee trader QTG positioins newly posted in both Sydney and Nelson. Do anyone know the difference from the position in London?

from the job add for the QTG postions:
"* Are you graduating with a Maths, IT, Engineering or Finance degree in 2009?
* Are you strong in applying mathematical principles to trading?
* Are you familiar with Matlab?
* Do you like the idea of trading high volume and with the latest technologies?
* Are you a person who believes in our corporate values: Integrity, Generosity and Compassion, Commitment to Excellence, Valuing Our Employees and Rigorous Discipline?"

Sounds like those positions are intended for people with an MFE/MSc FinMath or PhDs(in math/stats/physics/finance/eng), whereas the London postion is open to anyone with a undergrad degree (in a quantatative subject i believe)

qualified traders maybe.

did you not receive an invite to 2 tests? i did the numerical one followed by the inductivew reasoning one.

took the tests today, from SHL, nothing special.

A bit interested to QTG, but not sure if I am well qualified, or I am allowed to submit multiple application.

I finished both SHL tests on 26 Dec and never heard from them, liquid capital, for days. Later, when i asked, they said they were unable to process my application further because they do not offer visa sponsorship for this role, trainee trader, as I will need a work permit. Then why they asked me to do the tests at the first place?
..... (dirty language)

Absolutely gutted, got invited to the first interview - the trading game, arranged it for today and had my flights from Ireland booked. Last night Irish air traffic controllers decided to go on strike over a pay dispute, flight cancelled and missing the interview.

:(

Good luck to the rest of ya!

Last edited: