Linking TS to IB

dod

Does anyone know if Hyperserver which has been mentioned before in various threads as a good - and free - means of connecting TS to IB data is still viable? There seem to be issues concerning an activation code, according to the Hypertrader forum.

Its no longer free! I haven't tried it because there isn't even a demo version available anymore.I spent a couple hours on their site last week and even joined their forum to try to find out what was going on, what a mess!

Mmm. I managed to download the software - via some third party host - but when I run it it asks for an activation code.

Is there any alternative that you know of?

dod said:
Mmm. I managed to download the software - via some third party host - but when I run it it asks for an activation code.

Is there any alternative that you know of?

I must admit I gave up in the end and decided to stick with esignal as a data feed for TS

I have used Hyperserver for about 6 months to collect DDE data to feed to TS2000i and Hypertools for converting EoD data.

Both work fine with no glitches. Re the activation code, for both tools it came through within an hour of payment online.

If you email Robert at Hyperserver I am sure he will let you have a short trial. Mention David sent you. I will pop him an email to alert him of this thread so he can comment directly if he feels so inclined.

Hope that helps
Dave

David

I've emailed Hyperserver. Their website and associated forum are a bit confusing. The only versions of Hyperserver I can see for sale are for Reuters and Bloomberg. At the same time, they still claim to be offering it for free!

We'll see,

Nick

dod

I have exactly the same issue/quesion. From what I can see, the option seems limited to a £100 fee for Metaserver but was wondering if you have found out any more info you can share with me?

Thanks

Evo

dod said:
Does anyone know if Hyperserver which has been mentioned before in various threads as a good - and free - means of connecting TS to IB data is still viable? There seem to be issues concerning an activation code, according to the Hypertrader forum.

There is no simple answer here. The real answer is yes and no. It really depends on what you are planning to do and how you trade. If you trade and collect data only during 9:30am and 4:15pm then it is fine. If you are a professional and need data 24 hrs then beware. When session I closes at 4:30pm (EST US time), the data goes offline and you may not be able to reconnect (especially if you are using Globalserver (GS)). You will have to shut down and reconnect manually. If you reconnect before 4:30pm then you will have to disconnect and reconnect all the symbols in GS after 4:30 to plot data because GS willnot reconnect to IB automatically - IB disabled this at their end January 2006. This manageable but IB does maintenance. The TWS maintenance time default is 1am although you can change that. Incidentally - there are more options in the GS Maintenance tab than are displayed and you will need to change your registry to display them. For example, you can prevent flushing of data and thus override the HIstory to Save settings. Sowhen IB does maintenance, the system goes offline and although there are Autostart programs to reconnect, the data willnot plot because of GS-IB issues.IB does not have a clue what is going on and is not very helpful. This is the reason why I am looking for an alternative data feed. Esignal is good but if you collect a lot of data, you can have delays in the feed. Hope this helps a little. Perhaps others can offer different suggestions.
Cheers
Paul

Euro_d said:
I have used Hyperserver for about 6 months to collect DDE data to feed to TS2000i and Hypertools for converting EoD data.

Both work fine with no glitches. Re the activation code, for both tools it came through within an hour of payment online.

If you email Robert at Hyperserver I am sure he will let you have a short trial. Mention David sent you. I will pop him an email to alert him of this thread so he can comment directly if he feels so inclined.

Hope that helps
Dave

I have contacted Robert for a trial demo ( I wanted 7 days only to span a weekend) few months ago but he told me they don' do it. He told me to buy it because they have a 30day money back guarantee. Seems that different people get different info from Robert.

marky said:
I use TS 2000i with http://www.traderssoft.com/ts/msrt/ bolts onto IB and works fine demo is free but only allows 2 instruments to be collected.
Regards Mark

Since I bought the 2000i I want to know how it will work metaserver together with
interactive brokers? I want to to get help to put together the data to help me
setup. call me at 845 4255239